Coldplay - Like em or hate em?

sfha

On 27/05/2019 at 13:49, G-MAN said:

Absolute shite.

MOR Indie Music for dull middle aged folk thinking they are “trendy”. Awful awful band with nothing to say.

Tried to say one of their biggest influences was Ride and stole the guitar from “Dreams Burn Down” for their song “in my Place”

If 2 songs could sound so wider apart emoji23.pngemoji23.png

File next to Stereophonics.

Shite.

My generation had New Order, JAMC, Spacemen 3, Sonic Youth, Madchester, Shoegazing, Rave, The Criminal Justice Bill, Factory, Creation, 4AD, Rough Trade, 1990 Second Summer of Love when Indie and Dance merged,...the list could go on.

What will this generation be remembered by ?

Jessie J, Little Mix and Adele playing festivals ?

Embarrassing

Your generation is quite hard to place.  Seem to be taking credit for quite a lot  And if that is your generation, then you, sir, are middle aged and pretend trendy.  

Do you know who listens to Coldplay?  These people...

_103585432_8876f6d1-2758-4bf9-8819-06784

Absolute shite.

MOR Indie Music for dull middle aged folk thinking they are “trendy”. Awful awful band with nothing to say.

Tried to say one of their biggest influences was Ride and stole the guitar from “Dreams Burn Down” for their song “in my Place”

If 2 songs could sound so wider apart [emoji23][emoji23]

File next to Stereophonics.

Shite.

My generation had New Order, JAMC, Spacemen 3, Sonic Youth, Madchester, Shoegazing, Rave, The Criminal Justice Bill, Factory, Creation, 4AD, Rough Trade, 1990 Second Summer of Love when Indie and Dance merged,...the list could go on.

What will this generation be remembered by ?

Jessie J, Little Mix and Adele playing festivals ?

Embarrassing

old.jpg

The general consensus (here anyway!) is nobody really likes them which very much puts me a minority! I must say though I do like their tunes especially Buckland's playing and Martin's vocals.  As for having nothing to say, not all music should necessarily have  undertones, the majority of the best songs aren't raging against the Man!

Your generation is quite hard to place.  Seem to be taking credit for quite a lot  And if that is your generation, then you, sir, are middle aged and pretend trendy.  
Do you know who listens to Coldplay?  These people...
_103585432_8876f6d1-2758-4bf9-8819-067840653c50.jpg&key=492b0026ad07f3ad80e6b8390dd2b43435d5f97455d5a5c44099ba7bff1571d9

Not really that hard to place.

Teenager (just) for New Order, JAMC and House etc

Still a teenager for Madchester, Rave, Shoegazing etc

As for age, Still go to certain Club Nights and Gigs these days. Only as old as you feel chaps [emoji106]

Lived lots of great memories through music etc etc [emoji16]

Just feel sorry for those (including my Son) who didn’t/don’t have a scene to identify with.

If Coldplay is the best it got for some people, f**k me....

A Rush of Blood to the Head is a good album, very good actually. A solid 9/10 IMO. Their first is pretty decent. The rest? Garbage, with the odd "tayoon" thrown in there. 

People who say they don't like Coldplay are the same people who say their favourite Radiohead album is Kid A. They put on a good live show and Chris Martin is one of the best songwriters this country has produced. The Scientist in particular is a cracking song. Yes they have produced some dross but what band hasn't.

Guest Moomintroll

Couldn't listen to a Coldplay album but they are a good live band who know how to get a festival crowd going.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:49, G-MAN said:

My clubbing days are pretty much done but every decent sized city in Europe has has a dance music scene with local promoters putting on nights in sweat boxes.

Whether there's actually been any innovation in music in the past 30 years is another matter but there's loads going on that you'll never even notice unless you are clued about it.