Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

1 hour ago, DanMc99 said:

any british team that have visited rome have been attacked, this time will be no different.

Yes that has never been in doubt if you’ll review my posts, I’m simply contradicting our resident Hearts/Nazio supporter who thinks drinking in the city centre is safe for away supporters. Chances are a group armed with coshes and knives will attack at least one pub and guys on scooters armed with coshes will probably try to attack unsuspecting supporters wandering around. This would’ve been the case before the banners although they might be more determined now.

I’ll be ignoring the Nazio supporters‘ advice to stick to hoaching pubs near the tourist sites as I’ll be with my 68 year old Da who doesn’t run too well if faced with an imminent stabbing. To be honest the bevying in the main square and pishing in a fountain malarkey on Euro aways never appeals to me, possible violence or no.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

You’ve been on GersTV, haven’t you......

It would be a bit more livelier than Tom Miller but I'd probably swear too much.

29 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yes that has never been in doubt if you’ll review my posts, I’m simply contradicting our resident Hearts/Nazio supporter who thinks drinking in the city centre is safe for away supporters. Chances are a group armed with coshes and knives will attack at least one pub and guys on scooters armed with coshes will probably try to attack unsuspecting supporters wandering around. This would’ve been the case before the banners although they might be more determined now.

I’ll be ignoring the Nazio supporters‘ advice to stick to hoaching pubs near the tourist sites as I’ll be with my 68 year old Da who doesn’t run too well if faced with an imminent stabbing. To be honest the bevying in the main square and pishing in a fountain malarkey on Euro aways never appeals to me, possible violence or no.

Magees going, he'll sort them out.

Old school raploch. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Magees going, he'll sort them out.

Old school raploch. 

They start any of their pish with me I'll just start volleying c***s 👊👊👊

P.s, I come from Fallin, not the Raploch, trust me, growing up a Catholic Celtic supporter in that bigoted shithole will make Rome and the machete wielding fascists seem a breeze.

7 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

this , tends to be OF fans that think every rivalry in the world has to be on two different sides of political views, most italian teams are very right , with a few left wing teams but roma are just as bad as lazio.

Livorno and Napoli are the lefties. You're right that Roma ultras are right-wing but I wouldn't say it's true that they are just as bad as Lazio. They're a whole different level.

Celtic held emergency talks with Lazio and Uefa amid fan attack fears in their clash in Rome next week, according to reports.

The Hoops will be backed by 90,000 fans in the Italian capital but there are worries Lazio ultras will attack the Parkhead support

EDSyR3KXoAIKaO4.jpg

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Hammarby fans impersonating celtic fans again.

We’ll get a £50k fine because political banners aren’t viewed to be as bad as being dirty bigoted racist b*****ds for some reason. Unlucks x

Wtf is an alcohol curfew and why they having it a day before the game?

They had one in Turin a few years ago and no one could sell any,shops, pubs, etc, but there were guys driving around in vans with cases in the back selling it to fans.

And I think the bbc must’ve got their dates mixed up otherwise it makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

They had one in Turin a few years ago and no one could sell any,shops, pubs, etc, but there were guys driving around in vans with cases in the back selling it to fans.

And I think the bbc must’ve got their dates mixed up otherwise it makes no sense.

Unless they also don’t understand the meaning of the word “curfew” it just means a ban on drinking in the street. Which is what we have permanently in Glasgow.

Notwithstanding the obvious interpretation of curfew I find it hard to believe Rome are banning having a bottle of wine with dinner.

Edited by The OP

Unless they also don’t understand the meaning of the word “curfew” it just means a ban on drinking in the street. Which is what we have permanently in Glasgow.
Notwithstanding the obvious interpretation of curfew I find it hard to believe Rome are banning having a bottle of wine with dinner.

Please see attached information from Italian Police to the Celtic supporters who will be in Rome for the match next week, it would be helpful to get this shared with as many fans as possible.With reference to the football match mentioned above, please take note of the information supplied by Rome Police Headquarter: • In Rome, marches to the stadium are forbidden
• In Piazzale delle Canestre (Rome), starting from 14.00 on match day, there will be a meeting point for Celtic supporters, supervised by Police, this is where shuttle service to the stadium will be and fans are encouraged to use this as early as possible to be at the stadium no later than 1.5 hours prior to kick off;
• From 19:00 of November 6 until 7:00 of November 8, in the city centre (Piazza di Spagna, Via del Babbuino, Via del Corso, Piazza del Popolo), near the stadium and in Piazzale delle Canestre it will be forbidden to consume alcohol of any kind, it will not be permitted to walk with alcoholic beverages or use glass containers and cans;
• The centre of Rome contains many UNESCO’s heritage, so mass gatherings are not allowed, therefore the whole area will be restricted by access gates supervised by Police that will act upon any problematic occurrences;
• Tickets are sold, according to Italian law, showing an ID document of buyer, for entry to the Olimpico Stadium.
• Inside the stadium it is not allowed to take in or display political flags, banners and any political symbol.