Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

So am I correct in saying that this replayed game has no bearing on Dunipace being promoted and are up regardless?

Surely it would make more sense to make it a playoff between Westerlands and Drumchapel to see who goes up?

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

So am I correct in saying that this replayed game has no bearing on Dunipace being promoted and are up regardless?

Surely it would make more sense to make it a playoff between Westerlands and Drumchapel to see who goes up?

That’s right, yeah.

I would’ve imagined the solution you suggested would’ve been more appropriate. Dunipace have nothing to play for, so you’d think it’d likely to leave the Drum as favourites to win that. A shambles, and a situation that’s largely representative of where the amateur game is at.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Dunipace 3 Drumchapel 1.

Don’t know if anyone seen that coming. We’ll, apart from Auld yin wae knowledge.

Westerlands become the 12th team in the Caley Prem this season. Drumchapel remain in the First Division alongside St Pat’s, Bannockburn and Campsie Minerva.

Doune Castle forfeited their tie to EKYM today and heard rumours that Glasgow Harp will be asking for a relief of fixtures until September.

Absolutely atrocious condition of the game if Doune and Glasgow Harp are on the road out.

Also heard rumours that Doune were struggling after losing players this season. Also saw they were advertising for players which is never a good sign. I know that quite a few of there players used to play summer football in the forth and endrick league so not sure if they could still be playing there? Hopefully if it’s true both Doune and Harp find the players to keep going as they’re two very well run clubs with great histories. 

Really desperate times if teams like Doune and Harp are struggling this badly. 

Justice served with Westerlands going up - Wee Charlie will go through about 10 managers trying to get out of that league now ha ha

Aye and well done Dunipace was easy to treat it like a friendly

If the rumours are true about the harp and doune hopefully not it would open the door for 4 going up,though I see harp played the GGPL team on saturday so they have enough for one team but maybe not the standard for the cally 

On 10/08/2024 at 18:26, NewBallsPlease said:

Dunipace 3 Drumchapel 1.

Don’t know if anyone seen that coming. We’ll, apart from Auld yin wae knowledge.

You are obviously obsessed with me NewBallsPlease as that's now the 3rd false post you have decided to mention me but sorry I am married but maybe you will find someone else on here that may satisfy your needs Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

As for the game in question it all could have been avoided if you and your committee had reached the correct decision

Though I did  get one prediction right with some clubs in your lower division getting scudded in the first week of fixtures from the new clubs

Sadly I read two clubs may be struggling fingers crossed they survive as the last thing we want to see is two well run saturday afternoon clubs fold 

Edited by auld yin wae knowledge

On 10/08/2024 at 22:26, NewBallsPlease said:

They have about 7 players playing in Forth & Endrick.

There is 2/3 away to Dunblane in the Stirling District league. We played them last Monday and only had 13 with them. Hopefully just a short term blip but the beginning of the end of amateur football as we know it is starting imo. The current generation who have kept it alive are finishing up. 

On 12/08/2024 at 19:28, auld yin wae knowledge said:

You are obviously obsessed with me NewBallsPlease as that's now the 3rd false post you have decided to mention me but sorry I am married but maybe you will find someone else on here that may satisfy your needs Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

As for the game in question it all could have been avoided if you and your committee had reached the correct decision

Though I did  get one prediction right with some clubs in your lower division getting scudded in the first week of fixtures from the new clubs

Sadly I read two clubs may be struggling fingers crossed they survive as the last thing we want to see is two well run saturday afternoon clubs fold 

The Caley Committee followed due process, Westerlands appealed and it went to Hampden. The Caley Committee’s hands were tied at that point. But you already know that.

Glass houses and stone throwing again - BSC Glasgow on the end of a 15-0 and Glenvale Carlton on the end of a 10-0 surely doesn’t put you in a position to be commenting on scuddings. The one difference in the situations is that the Caley can’t really prevent the hidings but SPAFA have sleepwalked into them. St Pat’s, one of the best teams in the country, skelped a team who took a skelping off a Caley Prem team in a league cup final; and Bannockburn beating Glasgow Uni who are lucky if they have half a team at this time of the year isn’t a surprise either.

22 hours ago, Gazzah said:

There is 2/3 away to Dunblane in the Stirling District league. We played them last Monday and only had 13 with them. Hopefully just a short term blip but the beginning of the end of amateur football as we know it is starting imo. The current generation who have kept it alive are finishing up. 

I had a conversation the other day that we’ll be lucky to have afternoon amateur in the next five years. Boys born in the early 90s (say 90-94) have two or three seasons left, and the youth aren’t coming through at the same rate they used to. 

On 12/08/2024 at 19:28, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Any truth in the rumour you were part of the Committee that made the decision to overule the Caley League? 

Brad short memory from you as usual .............. previous posts from you and AMF had constantly mentioned the scelpings certain SPAL clubs were getting last season so I said in reply to your post at the time it would happen next season in the cally lower division thats all I'm highlighting 

Nought to do with glass houses etc

22 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Brad short memory from you as usual .............. previous posts from you and AMF had constantly mentioned the scelpings certain SPAL clubs were getting last season so I said in reply to your post at the time it would happen next season in the cally lower division thats all I'm highlighting 

Nought to do with glass houses etc

Bored of these tit for tat conversations we have on a semi-regular basis.

In other news…Glasgow Harp v Doune tomorrow afternoon is promising!

This will be the last season for the top clubs in the SPAFA...they'll all make the jump to The Caley. Maybe Castlemilk will try and make the plunge to the WOSL with them tying in with Castlemilk Community?