Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

On 16/08/2024 at 14:21, Brad Bobley said:

Bored of these tit for tat conversations we have on a semi-regular basis.

In other news…Glasgow Harp v Doune tomorrow afternoon is promising!

Saw on twitter doune won 2-1. Good to see the game going ahead with all the rumours about both teams struggling. 

On 13/08/2024 at 23:08, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Any truth in the rumour you were part of the Committee that made the decision to overule the Caley League? 

Auld Yin Wae Knowledge can kill this rumour dead, but for once seems reticent to share his knowledge with the rest of us.

11 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

This will be the last season for the top clubs in the SPAFA...they'll all make the jump to The Caley. Maybe Castlemilk will try and make the plunge to the WOSL with them tying in with Castlemilk Community?

Got to agree. Strong rumours of 2 clubs already in touch with Greater Glasgow to go there. The top 2 or 3 will 100% jump ship to the Caley. Won't go another season winning in double figures, farce. 

14 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Got to agree. Strong rumours of 2 clubs already in touch with Greater Glasgow to go there. The top 2 or 3 will 100% jump ship to the Caley. Won't go another season winning in double figures, farce. 

Unless the SPFA manage to recruit new teams hard to argue with this. Weather it’s to the cali or not is another matter. 

Castlemilk and EKYM have the best facilities to file their applications for the WoS now. That's largely outside their control though. Have to imagine C'milk want out of SPAFA to maximise their on the pitch potential as a stop gap until the opportunity opens up.

Think GHSFP have lost a good few players to their SMAFA team, so can't see them conjuring any sort of title run. Will be between C'milk, Pather and Steins. The Caley, to bring this back on topic, is between about five teams. I'd expect any of the following will win the league:

EKYM, St Joe's, Wishaw, Giffnock, St Mungo all in strong contention. Eaglesham looking obvious candidates for relegation, but honestly no idea who else will be down there as everybody looks to be taking points off each other. Possibly the lowest ever points total will win the league.

Caley First Division is scary in quality. Drum, St Pat's, Campsie Minerva, Bannockburn, Gartcosh, Milton, Glasgow Uni & Stenhousemuir all had a fairly strong start, 

Here we go again the proganda machine in full operation 

as for the AFF you hear a hellva lot of strong rumours from the GGPL about clubs considering moving you must luv coronation street .... and for the clarification of one your rumours you keep asking about  " away an boil ye heed "

As for others mention scorelines cant see the 24 v 0 scoreline in the GGPL being raised, obviously it does not suit the narrative of some guys on here 

Brad yes your right your lower divison is scary one to predict I will go for Bannockburn after watching them last week

14 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Here we go again the proganda machine in full operation 

as for the AFF you hear a hellva lot of strong rumours from the GGPL about clubs considering moving you must luv coronation street .... and for the clarification of one your rumours you keep asking about  " away an boil ye heed "

As for others mention scorelines cant see the 24 v 0 scoreline in the GGPL being raised, obviously it does not suit the narrative of some guys on here 

Brad yes your right your lower divison is scary one to predict I will go for Bannockburn after watching them last week

I take your point but this is effectively a Caley/SPAFA thread now, the two associations with the most traction, so I don’t know how that’s relevant. Craigneuk have been on a downward trajectory for the best part of three/four years and have been on the receiving end of a few similar results fairly regularly. Not at all surprising, I don’t think, and, again, not really relevant to the wider context of the Caley-SPAFA developments, hence why it’s not been brought up.

Don’t tell people you were at a Caley game when there was SPAFA games on - you’ll be earmarked for the Caley Exec Committee next season, bringing half a dozen member clubs with you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just having a look at the prem table and saw Dumbarton have lost 5 of there first 6 games. Have they lost a few players? St Joseph’s starting 4 from 4 gives them the best start. Between them EK and wishaw for the title again? 

20 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

Just having a look at the prem table and saw Dumbarton have lost 5 of there first 6 games. Have they lost a few players? St Joseph’s starting 4 from 4 gives them the best start. Between them EK and wishaw for the title again? 

Think they have the same core of players but have continued their struggles from last season. Not sure what's changed but not the giant they once were in the Caley. 
EKYM are apparently top tier this year. Spoke to someone who was at their game vs Wishaw and they were said to be excellent. 

I expect it'll be between St Joe's and EK. Don't think Wishaw will have enough. Wishaw and Giffnock probably the best of the rest.

2 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Think they have the same core of players but have continued their struggles from last season. Not sure what's changed but not the giant they once were in the Caley. 
EKYM are apparently top tier this year. Spoke to someone who was at their game vs Wishaw and they were said to be excellent. 

I expect it'll be between St Joe's and EK. Don't think Wishaw will have enough. Wishaw and Giffnock probably the best of the rest.

Dumbarton are an ageing team, probably the oldest average age in the league. They are also waiting on a few players coming back from playing in the forth and endrick which should strengthen them a bit from next week.

EKYM look very strong and agree it will likely be between them and St Joes, although I wouldn’t count Wishaw out completely. 

13 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Have ekym brought in some new players? I think they'll need it as St Joes have had them on toast the last couple of seasons in head to head matches.

They announced a few on Twitter during pre season but honestly not sure how influential they have been/will be.

In respect of your other point, it’s always an interesting one. Wishaw have largely got the better of St Joe’s, St Joe’s got the better of EK and EK got the better of Wishaw. Throw Giffnock into the mix who have taken points off all three, and dropped points to all three too!

An exciting top division in the Caley that’ll only get better as the years go on.