Dundee United 2019/2020

I know it’s been a while since you’ve been in the top flight but away crowds are nowhere near as big as you seem to think. You’re lucky if Killie, Motherwell etc bring over 200, the likes of Hamilton and Ross County bring under 50 - especially when you change the prices United will. Home attendances won’t change too much bar probably the first couple of home games. It also depends how the fixture lists works, you could hit the jackpot and have Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen all at hike twice but you could also always only have them once.

The argument I was making isn’t that you don’t make more money in the premiership anyway. The argument was that if a team comes in for £1.5m - £2m in January with adds-ones etc that would be of more financial benefit that a couple hundred extra fans next season.

Hibs, hearts, aberdeen, rangers and celtic should all sell out their allocation. That is at least 7 sell outs a season (assuming united sell out obvs). Compared with two derby sell outs. They should see an increase in season tickets if they go up. I presume tv money is higher (not by a great deal). I would imagine their wage budget wont increase much as its already rather high (could argue their current squad would manage fine in top league) so going up can only see an improvement in their finances

Hibs, hearts, aberdeen, rangers and celtic should all sell out their allocation. That is at least 7 sell outs a season (assuming united sell out obvs). Compared with two derby sell outs. They should see an increase in season tickets if they go up. I presume tv money is higher (not by a great deal). I would imagine their wage budget wont increase much as its already rather high (could argue their current squad would manage fine in top league) so going up can only see an improvement in their finances

I’m not saying their finances won’t improve, however not as much as some people seem to think. We ran pretty big losses every year we were in the premiership. Hearts and Hibs won’t sell out, they’ll bring around 1,000 - 1,500. Aberdeen only ever sold out when they thought they were in a title race at Dens. You’re also assuming there that you’ll play all those teams at home twice, that’s not the way it works. You only play each team 3 times unless you finish top 6.

Plus home fans won’t sell out in any of those fixtures expect perhaps Rangers.

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Almost half the posts on this and the previous page are by Dundee fans. Some notable exceptions, but happily many dark dark blues are getting over another derby defeat. It's heartening to see.

Thak you.

For somebody who "isn't a regular on forums" and showed up last week to being a racist and an all round fucking idiot, you don't half seem to sign on a lot and moan about Dundee fans. 

It's an open forum, if you only want to read United fans views, why don't you sign up to United Mad or something? 

ETA : You also never explained your 'Jim McAlister likes a bit of make up" when we were discussing Ciftci making an allegation of him using lipstick to exaggerate the bite mark. Care to clarify your comment? 

Edited by Dele

1 minute ago, Dele said:

For somebody who "isn't a regular on forums" and showed up last week to being a racist and an all round fucking idiot, you don't half seem to sign on a lot and moan about Dundee fans. 

It's an open forum, if you only want to read United fans views, why don't you sign up to United Mad or something? 

Thak you.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

ETA : You also never explained your 'Jim McAlister likes a bit of make up" when we were discussing Ciftci making an allegation of him using lipstick to exaggerate the bite mark. Care to clarify your comment? 

Just for you: McAlister was bitten, but made up the extent of his injury.

Now you can point out where you claim I "showed up last week to being a racist", and "moan about Dundee fans". Being an "all round idiot" isn't an exclusive quality for posting on here, so that one I'll accept.

Thak you.

I’m not saying their finances won’t improve, however not as much as some people seem to think. We ran pretty big losses every year we were in the premiership. Hearts and Hibs won’t sell out, they’ll bring around 1,000 - 1,500. Aberdeen only ever sold out when they thought they were in a title race at Dens. You’re also assuming there that you’ll play all those teams at home twice, that’s not the way it works. You only play each team 3 times unless you finish top 6.

Plus home fans won’t sell out in any of those fixtures expect perhaps Rangers.

My assumption was they will definitely play each team at home once and they will almost certainly play 2 out of the 5 again at home.

I agree it is not a huge difference in monetary terms immediately but it is a huge step for the whole club and a chance to try get back to where they were.

Whenever i went to tannadice against aberdeen or the old firm it was always sold out in the away end and the home support was almost sold out. Even if it doesnt sell out, the attendances will be higher. Obviously you get the diddies like Hamilton and Livi who bring f**k all but with any luck Hamilton will go down as well to be replaced by Dundee

7 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Now you can point out where you claim I "showed up last week to being a racist", and "moan about Dundee fans". Being an "all round idiot" isn't an exclusive quality for posting on here, so that one I'll accept.

A tweet was quoted which was racist and you defended the person who posted therefor, you're included in being a racist. 

He was bitten but made up the extent of his injury. How does that work exactly? To what extent did he exaggerate the bite? How does one 'make up' how severe a bite is? 

Also, why have you started finishing all your posts with 'Thak you' after you were pulled up for calling someone a 'Jap's Eye'?

Just for you: McAlister was bitten, but made up the extent of his injury.

That doesn’t explain the comment you made that he likes to wear makeup. Are you suggesting that he regularly accuses people of biting him and puts lipstick on his leg on a regular basis to exaggerate the injury?

40 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Hibs, hearts

Not the same, but over the past 3 seasons their away supports at McDiarmid have plummeted. They get the stand behind the goal, and the end of the Main, and dont even come close to filling either regularly.

Aberdeen fans go through similar spells depending on their form.

20 minutes ago, Dele said:

A tweet was quoted which was racist and you defended the person who posted therefor, you're included in being a racist. 

He was bitten but made up the extent of his injury. How does that work exactly? To what extent did he exaggerate the bite? How does one 'make up' how severe a bite is? 

Also, why have you started finishing all your posts with 'Thak you' after you were pulled up for calling someone a 'Jap's Eye'?

A 'tweet'? Please explain what you are havering about. I can't recall defending a racist.

And maybe you'll repost where I called someone a 'Jap's Eye' ? Of course, that wasn't what happened, was it?

17 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

That doesn’t explain the comment you made that he likes to wear makeup. Are you suggesting that he regularly accuses people of biting him and puts lipstick on his leg on a regular basis to exaggerate the injury?

Maybe you'll repost where I said McAllister 'likes to wear' makeup? But you well know that wasn't the case either.

You people appear to live in a Fantasy world.

Thak you.

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

You’re right, we’re all making it up.
IMG_0898.jpg

'Likes to wear make up' is nowhere in that post you've quoted. McAllister favoured making up or fabricating stories from time to time. The Ciftci one stood out, as did his tale of joining a Champions League playing side due to play the old version of Rangers about ten years ago. You can Google that if you want. And you could also Google to see what a 'thak' is.

Thak you.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

The argument I was making isn’t that you don’t make more money in the premiership anyway. The argument was that if a team comes in for £1.5m - £2m in January with adds-ones etc that would be of more financial benefit that a couple hundred extra fans next season.

The point you were making - and that everyone understood - is that the immediate financial benefit of promotion is less than £1.5 - £2M. Whether that's the case or not, it ignores the fact that United are hoping to spend more than one season in the top flight and you're therefore ignoring the increase in revenue on an ongoing basis if we secure promotion.

Of course we may not spend more than one season back up if we do get promoted but that's the basis for the calculation that it wouldn't be economically worthwhile to sell Shankland in January for that sort of price.