League cup group G

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Big queues at the ticket office - very flustered woman at the kiosk apologising and says they were told to expect 30 or so away fans!  When have we ever taken that amount haha

•  
  •  

Been queuing for 15 mins and have just heard the game kick off.

48 minutes ago, Livilegends said:

Ayr played some nice football - but the class showed throw at the end

Nah, you scored a goal at the end but there was not much in it in the 2nd half.

Stranraer are fairly flying into the tackles here.

Club statement coming out tomorrow apologising for such reckless behaviour.

Poor show for the goal we lost but, as the game went on I’d say we grew into it and became far more organised.
Falkirk unsurprisingly had far more chances but Stranraer came close on a few occasions. Thomson missed a great chance and then we hit the bar late on.

From a Stranraer point of view there are a few positives to take from the game. Jordan Allan looks decent and Hamilton and Cummins seemed to do ok beside each other.

Feared the worst losing such an early goal. Expected a hammering after that, thankful we kept ourselves in it.

Fully expect Falkirk to walk the league after seeing the players they have tonight. Two best centre backs in the league and plenty of goals between their forwards.

Livi the better team in the first half, Ayr the better team in the second half but neither team could really make it count. Surprised it didn't go to penalties but happy with the win, should see us through as the group winners, assuming we don't bottle it against Stranraer/Berwick.

Livi the better team in the first half, Ayr the better team in the second half but neither team could really make it count. Surprised it didn't go to penalties but happy with the win, should see us through as the group winners, assuming we don't bottle it against Stranraer/Berwick.

I think penalties would’ve been a fair outcome.

If you lose to Berwick you should just fold - again.

19 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Club statement coming out tomorrow apologising for such reckless behaviour.

Poor show for the goal we lost but, as the game went on I’d say we grew into it and became far more organised.
Falkirk unsurprisingly had far more chances but Stranraer came close on a few occasions. Thomson missed a great chance and then we hit the bar late on.

From a Stranraer point of view there are a few positives to take from the game. Jordan Allan looks decent and Hamilton and Cummins seemed to do ok beside each other.

Feared the worst losing such an early goal. Expected a hammering after that, thankful we kept ourselves in it.

Fully expect Falkirk to walk the league after seeing the players they have tonight. Two best centre backs in the league and plenty of goals between their forwards.

Can’t disagree with any of that. First half I think if we had went into the break 3-0 up it wouldn’t have flattered us. The midfield of Gomis, Tidser, Telfer and Connolly controlled the play and created a good few chances. It was evident our strikers were slightly off the pace; which is understandable with one joining the squad at 5pm tonight and the other being injured for all of last season. Also felt the penalty shout should have been given.

Second half Stranraer gave it a good go with a few well worked chances. Thought your left back was excellent tonight and always looked to be positive when in possession. 

Edited by wee_bairn

Ayr made 2 changes at half time that changed the game in the second half.

Then wee Tiff came on and changed the game back in our favour.

I'm neither convinced by Pepe or Crawford.
Pepe cant pass, jumps in on tackles needlessly. Reckon hes likely to get a red or 2 this season.
Crawford was slipping around so a change of footwear for the 4g is probably needed.
Needs to be stronger in the 50/50 balls. So many times he went clearly the wrong side of the attacker going for the ball and lost out. Played Dykes through for a chance but as soon as he passed the ball he just stopped instead of following through to give Dykes another option.
Definitely a player in him though maybe not helped tonight he was playing against his pals?

22 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Ticketing was an utter shambles, the ladies were decent with the banter considering.

Tickets been on sale in Ayr shop for 2 weeks , can’t believe so many people from Ayr waited to get to Livingston tonight before buying a ticket , I saw at least 30/40 people in queue who all stay within Ayr , then moaning they had to queue !!

7 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Ayr made 2 changes at half time that changed the game in the second half.

Then wee Tiff came on and changed the game back in our favour.

I'm neither convinced by Pepe or Crawford.
Pepe cant pass, jumps in on tackles needlessly. Reckon hes likely to get a red or 2 this season.
Crawford was slipping around so a change of footwear for the 4g is probably needed.
Needs to be stronger in the 50/50 balls. So many times he went clearly the wrong side of the attacker going for the ball and lost out. Played Dykes through for a chance but as soon as he passed the ball he just stopped instead of following through to give Dykes another option.
Definitely a player in him though maybe not helped tonight he was playing against his pals?

wee Forest bodied Robbie big style.

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Tickets been on sale in Ayr shop for 2 weeks , can’t believe so many people from Ayr waited to get to Livingston tonight before buying a ticket , I saw at least 30/40 people in queue who all stay within Ayr , then moaning they had to queue !!

I don't stay in Ayr and didn't make my mind up until late, Livi queue didn't disappear quickly either.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Buying tickets in advance for a league cup group stage game is hardly the done thing to be fair - it’s not surprise that most waited until the night to buy. The size of the allocation we were given shows Livi weren’t expecting the number of away fans that turned up.

Ayr started brightly but we settled down and bossed the first half, had we got a 2nd it would've been game over. 2nd half Ayr were a lot better and looked a lot slicker passing the ball about than us, I think they lack 3 or 4 big physical players though, reminded me of us v St Johnstone when we had McNulty and Scougall, good looking ball players but ultimately a bit lightweight.

Souda's goal was really good, and lovely passage of play leading up to Ayr's goal, not a bad game really, they're miles better than Falkirk that's for sure.