League cup group G

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No, I missed the ones that suited me, tickets for a 1600 crowd in a 10000 capacity ground is a nonsense, there is no system that's easier than me pulling £18 out of my pocket at the turnstiles.

Livi's effort was to queue up at a door for a ticket then queue at a turnstile, there's nobody can tell me that taking cash over a plastic box at a door is safer physically or financially than taking it at the turnstile.

Probably being done to cut down on wrongly claimed concessions, might work but equally might just see more youngsters keeping their £18.

I mostly don't carry cash so this is much easier for me.  

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Its a case of trying to cater for as many folk as you can. We're all trying to presuade people to come to football instead of doing the myriad of other things people can do on a Satruday afternoon.  Some people like to buy their tickets online in advance others simply want to turn up pay their cash and get in.  Having a mixture of online and pay at the gate makes sure everyone is covered and also allows the casual fan who perhaps suddenly decides to go to the match on a Saturday as its a nice day and they have nowt else to do the chance to turn up and get in easily.  They then see Ayr playing ok and beating falkirk and think I enjoyed that and I'm going to come back next home game.  If they turn up and have to wait in a huge queue they might decide not to bother or certainly it may put them off coming again.

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There are lots of folk like yourself Derek, there are also a lot like me, I've no doubt that cashless will be the norm in a few years time but it isn't at the moment.

I'm not surprised that we made people go to the shop on the day, we're not the brightest at devising a sensible and simple system.

I was amazed on Tuesday that the guy taking your fiver in exchange for a car park ticket managed it far far quicker than those on the door with match tickets, could probably have sold match tickets at the same time without much delay.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

There are lots of folk like yourself Derek, there's also a lot like me, I've no doubt that cashless will be the norm in a few years time but it isn't at the moment.

I'm not surprised that we made people go to the shop on the day, we're not the brightest at devising a sensible and simple system.

I was amazed on Tuesday that the guy taking your fiver in exchange for a car park ticket managed it far far quicker than those on the door with match tickets, could probably have sold match tickets at the same time without much delay.

I had a right riddie when trying to pay one of your 50/50 guys to park in the bowling club car park.😆. Easy mistake to make.🙈

14 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Shambles for the people who chose to turn up without buying tickets that have been on sale in club shop and on line for 4 weeks , do these people wait to they go to airport before booking their flight ???? Thought not 

That's an awful analagy. Very few people make a late decision about whether to go on holiday or not. I'd imagine the same people don't book cinema tickets online before deciding to go. That's a much better analagy.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I had a right riddie when trying to pay one of your 50/50 guys to park in the bowling club car park.😆. Easy mistake to make.🙈

I'll need to print myself a wee book of car park tickets for future use.:whistle

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve no idea what Durnan thought he could accomplish by doing that but either way it’s a yellow for both players and you move on.

Moffats tackle is bad and cynical but still only a yellow card.

I’ve no idea why he’s given a penalty either. Both players put a foot up to win the ball and both come back down. It’s just nothing tbh and play could quite easily have gone on.

I'm not even sure it's a yellow for either to be honest, certainly not for Doohan. Durnan maybe for needlessly bumping into Doohan in the first place. The "confrontation" is laughable. I've seen worse clashes in the supermarket! The square up between Buchanan and Muirhead on the penalty is worse and got (rightly) two yellows. I think it probably is a penalty personally.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's an awful analagy. Very few people make a late decision about whether to go on holiday or not. I'd imagine the same people don't book cineman tickets online before deciding to go. That's a much better analagy.

The only difference is that most only go to the cinema occasionally and they get the choice of what to watch and where.

Edited by ayrmad

The hysteria over the new ticketing system is frankly a bit bizzare. Yesterday was its first time in use, expecting it to be flawless was pretty foolhardy. I'm confident it will be 10 times better next week. As you'd expect with use. If it isn't, then that will be the time to complain.

The club even delayed kick off and folk have moaned about that. I'd rather kick off was delayed and all the paying customers get to see the whole game. Unlike on Tuesday night where several hundred were outside trying to buy a ticket. That was a total debacle and an embarrassment for a premiership club.

Also, I really dont see the difference to clubs insisting you go to a ticket office to buy a ticket and then go to the turnstile. If anything our system should be better and more efficient than that.

People are always resistant to change. In a fortnight it will be long forgotten about as everyone is used to it.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

@Skyline Drifter

When you guys implemented the buy a ticket at the office and then go to the turnstile how was it the first time you tried it? I'd imagine a lot of the comments were similar and queues were equally long until both the fans and club got used to it.

It was fine. No issues. But then for the 1st season we used it only for League games and retained pay at the gate for cup games when it was clearly going to require a lot more people to actually buy them. We also generally send tickets to the away club in advance to sell if the away gate is likely to be in excess of 500 in a bid to minimise queueing.

But we weren't using any technology in tandem with it. I think generally every club who has introduced such systems has had some sort of technical breakdown on the first week. In Morton's case it took months to sort it out I believe. Starting it at a Cup game with a large travelling Falkirk support being expected to buy tickets in advance on a system they've had no instruction on or queue at your shop is asking for trouble and not remotely unforeseeable.

I'm trying to remember what season we actually introduced it. It may have been when we were a division down and visiting supports were lucky if they reached treble figures. We certainly didn't have a dedicated away end ticket office for the 1st year or two.

The club could have had folk out in force on Somerset road advising them of what they needed to do, two guys in front of me tried to buy a ticket at the turnstile and didn't know they had to go to the shop. Folk didn't know clearly how it worked and I'm guessing that most of them decided, you know what, I'm just going to buy a ticket at the ground because I don't want to make an arse of trying to buy it on line or not having it right when they get to the gate.

I managed it, but I'm not one of these smug arrogant p***ks who think anyone who didn't was a moron who hates the club, Or asking how the club could have done more, just because you knew and understood the process doesn't mean other people did. 

It is a new system, the club released a video the night before the game to explain the detail of how it worked, this should have been out weeks ago with reminders. assuming people will have watched the video or read the tweets on the day of the game was a gamble. 

In business you have to make it easy for people to give you money and I don't think the club did that yesterday. 

52 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Breach of the peace.

At least our mascot doesn't fight with away fans at games . 

A few points of note.

This season's Falkirk are by far the ugliest football team I have ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on.

Gregor Buchanan's manbun...oh dear. When he finally works out he is a shit footballer he can forge a career as a Zlatan Lookalike

Durnan pissing himself laughing at the incident...and then getting sent off 😂

Bell's dive three years after the ball had hit the back of the net for Ayr's second goal 🤣

Falkirk fans seem a bit edgy after yesterday and their elimination from the competition. I can't imagine how they will react if they don't get off to a good start in the league

5 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

At least our mascot doesn't fight with away fans at games . 

A few points of note.

This season's Falkirk are by far the ugliest football team I have ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on.

Gregor Buchanan's manbun...oh dear. When he finally works out he is a shit footballer he can forge a career as a Zlatan Lookalike

Durnan pissing himself laughing at the incident...and then getting sent off 😂

Bell's dive three years after the ball had hit the back of the net for Ayr's second goal 🤣

Falkirk fans seem a bit edgy after yesterday and their elimination from the competition. I can't imagine how they will react if they don't get off to a good start in the league

Must try harder.A bit edgy? Its the league cup group stages ffs. Nothing more than a competitive pre season friendly. If you qualify then great but it pales into insignificance compared to the league campaign.  And I wouldnt slag off any teams looks if I had Michael Moffat in my team.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club could have had folk out in force on Somerset road advising them of what they needed to do, two guys in front of me tried to buy a ticket at the turnstile and didn't know they had to go to the shop. Folk didn't know clearly how it worked and I'm guessing that most of them decided, you know what, I'm just going to buy a ticket at the ground because I don't want to make an arse of trying to buy it on line or not having it right when they get to the gate.

I managed it, but I'm not one of these smug arrogant p***ks who think anyone who didn't was a moron who hates the club, Or asking how the club could have done more, just because you knew and understood the process doesn't mean other people did. 

It is a new system, the club released a video the night before the game to explain the detail of how it worked, this should have been out weeks ago with reminders. assuming people will have watched the video or read the tweets on the day of the game was a gamble. 

In business you have to make it easy for people to give you money and I don't think the club did that yesterday. 

If you're using technology then you have to spend cash to back it up.  Having two old biddies trying to print hundreds of tickets on an hp deskjet printer is never going to end well I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Must try harder.A bit edgy? Its the league cup group stages ffs. Nothing more than a competitive pre season friendly. If you qualify then great but it pales into insignificance compared to the league campaign.  And I wouldnt slag off any teams looks if I had Michael Moffat in my team.

Must try harder? It took five minutes to get a response

Pre season friendly. FFS  still can't shake off this 'big team mentality' Falkirk seem to have

Would have thought you guys more than anyone in Scottish football right now would need the cash that progression in this tournament offers. Dropping down a division is going to leave a mighty big hole in your bank account, and the players you have aren't going to be on peanuts

Of course you could all still be in denial about being in League 1

The Moff is as beautiful as they come

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:
Also, I appreciate the work the FTV guys do, but the commentary needs to stop. A consistent beamer for the club.

Agree claiming your striker scored a wonder goal when it was clearly a massive deflection of Harvie

Aye, absolutely brutal to listen to.