League cup group G

5 hours ago, AyrExile said:

First week so fair enough to put down to teething problems. There will need to be some radical change to the system to make this work 

800/1000 or so season ticket holders depending how we do out of a home crowd of 1500 swaggering straight through might help once the league starts? Means if for example only 100 or so that are savvy enough to take 5 mins to buy online pre match do so, the queue will be tiny come October. 

7 hours ago, wuffster said:

Falkirk look like typical lower league haddies here, more interested in showing how tough they are than in playing football. No reason for anyone to go near the keeper when he has the ball, so no sympathy. Also, very soft penalty.

Hard to believe they announced the first goal wrong in the stadium. McCowan looked gutted. 😀

9 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I can guarantee you that lessons have been learnt by all involved today , more people will buy on line in future games , club will be better prepared with tickets readily available ( pre printed) rather than printing individually, system will be updated , a number of issues today were down to clients email setting incorrect to receive attachments ( club rectifying this ) due to everyone needing tickets today the process was slow , when league starts approx 60% of home fans will have season tickets so no need to queue for tickets and operators will be slicker as today was the first time they scanned a live system 

Yeah those improvements sound good and will no doubt speed things up. You have also got the Stranraer game as another test run to get it right. Still think you might need a ticket purchase point seperate to the club shop. A lot of people will want to purchase quickly and there is already a lot going on in that area 

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Absolutely this.

Those pretending that this is somehow a sensible plan are not thinking straight. We've made it harder for people to turn up and pay to watch the football.

Literally nothing else needs to be said. (Although someone earlier compared it to going to an airport - genius - let's get folk to take their shoes and belts off as well)

They better learn the lessons - as this was the most predictable thing in the fucking world. A queue snaking into the club shop and one desk? f**k sake.

We have also made it harder for people to turn up and pay at a time when we are desperate for cash. The budget has been cut and our manager needs another two but not sure if we can afford. You would have thought the club would have been keen to attract more fans and not make it harder. When the winter weather arrives people will be even less willing to mess about in extra queues. 

We have also made it harder for people to turn up and pay at a time when we are desperate for cash. The budget has been cut and our manager needs another two but not sure if we can afford. You would have thought the club would have been keen to attract more fans and not make it harder. When the winter weather arrives people will be even less willing to mess about in extra queues. 
I dont get the clamour for cashless football stadiums. Football exists in a bit of isolation from society. I could be totally wrong but when Falkirk started this pish with ticketmaster the first thing I thought of was folk in the pub on a Saturday thinking maybe we could head to the game, then finding out they cant just pay cash and being put off. The fact we still have cash gates is telling.

And before anyone comes steaming in with "what could be easier than buying online and having the ticket on your phone" we all know folk who see doing things online as hassle, or fear the technology. I dont think its a good move to try and fully modernise the system.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a harsh red card but I have no sympathy with the guy who got sent off given he’s clearly a complete weapon.

That Falkirk team really is full of angry wee men.

Like who? Its not a "harsh red" its a red card, out of nowhere, for no reason whatsoever. The very most you could justify is a yellow for both men to try and defuse. A red card there is an utter joke.

Like who? Its not a "harsh red" its a red card, out of nowhere, for no reason whatsoever. The very most you could justify is a yellow for both men to try and defuse. A red card there is an utter joke.

My only point on this as I wasn’t at the game is that the angle might not have been the best on the video! But even so it does look like he swipes at doohans chin after they clash! The linesman would’ve had a better angle

It looks like he uses his right hand to have a cheap pop at Doohan after the initial coming together, which is fine. It’s a sneaky one so I’m impressed the linesman saw it, but he looks like the type of p***k that thinks he’s hard anyway. Get doon.

Watched the falkirk highlights. Feck me how is that ever a red card. Lifted his hands my arse. Christ durnan was a bit silly bumping into the keeper and deserved a yellow at most. Keeper was actually u lucky to get booked as he did nowt really. Ridiculous red card. The slow motion replay shows durnans hand pushing durnan slightly in the back. Nothing more and certainly no cheap shot. Why are people trying to let a clearly incompetent ref off the hook here.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Thought we controlled the majority of the game and only started to fade when going down to 10. Laughable red card, but in the end we fucked it for ourselves by missing the penalty.

Been impressed with the team so far and looking forward to getting the league campaign on the go.

Ayr should be alright next season, 5th place would be my prediction.

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Falkirk look like typical lower league haddies here, more interested in showing how tough they are than in playing football. No reason for anyone to go near the keeper when he has the ball, so no sympathy. Also, very soft penalty.

Hard to believe they announced the first goal wrong in the stadium. McCowan looked gutted. 😀

The worst tackle by far in the entire game was by an Ayr player. Durnan a bit silly but something you see week in week out with a yellow card given. I would presume we will appeal and get it reduced to a yellow. Penalty was soft at best. Ref is simply out of his depth. Gavd queens an injury time pen against us last season which was clearly shown to be a complete dive on tv replay.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Falkirk TV highlights saying there was no deflection on their goal. Aye, ok.
Red card was right and a helluva spot from the assistant, picking up on the wee fly dig with the right hand as Doohan went to pick up the ball. Hardly a surprise the Falkirk fans were raging about it yesterday as it would have been blind side of them but a red card all the same. Pretty stupid one at that.
Reckon 9 points and at least +8 goal difference will be enough to qualify so just hope Stranraer aren't a banana skin, though it would be helpful if they could beat Livi in midweek.