The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

Yet were winning 3 0 just now 

3 nil is not good enough we should be scoring lots more against the smaller teams.Why stop playing after half time just shows the players that have been brought in haven’t made much of a difference.Also Buckie,Banks o Dee and probably Fraserburgh would score at least 5.

23 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Lenny on the bench,doesn’t make sense why have 3 keepers now ,wasting money and an extra place for an outfield player.Looks like Price is going to do what the Campbells did trying to win the league over spending.

What do you mean trying? They did!

8 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

What do you mean trying? They did!

Up to a certain point and in trying to win the championship they nearly bankrupted the club and that was the start of the club going downhill and the club is still struggling now very sad to see.

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Up to a certain point and in trying to win the championship they nearly bankrupted the club and that was the start of the club going downhill and the club is still struggling now very sad to see.

What a load of absolute piffle - Pink left in 2006 some 10 years before Barry Smith's shambolic time in charge (the start of the decline). You have no idea about the club's finances during those 10 years (which includes the Celtic money). The only thing in decline is your reputation on this forum.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Do you guys fancy your chances in the play off against EK?

If we win the HL and play EK I think we would have a fair chance. We currently have a strong experienced squad with a sprinkling of excellent ex-Premier league development players. It would be close but we have to overcome Buckie Thistle first and they will push us all the way to the title.

2 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

If we win the HL and play EK I think we would have a fair chance. We currently have a strong experienced squad with a sprinkling of excellent ex-Premier league development players. It would be close but we have to overcome Buckie Thistle first and they will push us all the way to the title.

1 hour ago, charlie king mvp said:

I don't see any reason why we couldn't beat them. But like Kev says we have to win the league first.  A lot of work to do on that front still.

You're playing games every Saturday with no midweek slogs to the arse end of nowhere, whereas Buckie and Brora are now going to have to play 2/3 times a week from now until the end of the season.  I'd say you have one hand on the trophy already.

2 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

What a load of absolute piffle - Pink left in 2006 some 10 years before Barry Smith's shambolic time in charge (the start of the decline). You have no idea about the club's finances during those 10 years (which includes the Celtic money). The only thing in decline is your reputation on this forum.

The Campbells started the decline and that is from an ex board member,then they let the managers coming in do the same.

But you are entitled to your opinion as am I ,find it alarming that the club keep asking money from fans now.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Do you guys fancy your chances in the play off against EK?

Not a chance EK will bully us just like Spartans did last season also one referee has said that Brechin would struggle against a very good EK side.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

The Campbells started the decline and that is from an ex board member,then they let the managers coming in do the same.

But you are entitled to your opinion as am I ,find it alarming that the club keep asking money from fans now.

They keep asking for money because they are trying to get back into the SPFL.

The income isn't sufficient if you allow for no SPFL prize money, massive increases in matchday and traveling costs, and having to pay players decent money to play in the HL. Nobody is forced to contribute but many do as they are dedicated fans who care deeply about the club.

7 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

They keep asking for money because they are trying to get back into the SPFL.

The income isn't sufficient if you allow for no SPFL prize money, massive increases in matchday and traveling costs, and having to pay players decent money to play in the HL. Nobody is forced to contribute but many do as they are dedicated fans who care deeply about the club.

If the club can’t live within their means they shouldn’t pay top wages that’s what is ruining the club we are in the slippery slope to maybe junior level.Stop thinking we will get back into the Scottish League that is long gone.The fans need to accept that .

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

If the club can’t live within their means they shouldn’t pay top wages that’s what is ruining the club we are in the slippery slope to maybe junior level.Stop thinking we will get back into the Scottish League that is long gone.The fans need to accept that .

This season will possibly be the last push before budgets are slashed but we are not giving up yet - you can if you wish but most still believe we can do it.

On 25/01/2024 at 13:43, TheScarf said:

You're playing games every Saturday with no midweek slogs to the arse end of nowhere, whereas Buckie Brechin are now going to have to play 2/3 times a week from now until the end of the season.  I'd say you have one hand on the trophy already.

Go back a year and this is probably what folk were saying to Buckie tbf.

On 27/01/2024 at 19:31, Rossco8326 said:

Take it there's still no movement on lenny then noticed he was in the team on Wednesday as we didn't have our on loan keeper. Looks like hes with us until he contract ends 

He is contracted until June 25 therefore I believe it's probably down to money. He was on the bench as Kyle Thomson was injured.

1 hour ago, Kev8122 said:

He is contracted until June 25 therefore I believe it's probably down to money. He was on the bench as Kyle Thomson was injured.

Thought that might be the issue can't see many clubs wanting to stump up a fee for him 

So I said ages ago that he was away. I was told he had agreed a deal with a club we’ve played twice this season already, closer to where he lives. 

Sounds like they weren’t willing to pay a fee to actually get him though. Apologies for the false hope 😂