The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, RateofKnots said:

Only popped in to see if the resident WUM had found something to moan about.

Being unbeaten in 13 games is some stretch for complaining. 

Although not scoring much lately  , we are creating chances and keeping it tight at the back. 

All you can ask for really . 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Although not scoring much lately  , we are creating chances and keeping it tight at the back. 

All you can ask for really . 

I'm sure it's not all rosey, but winning games when not playing well/scoring lots is a good sign.

21 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I'm sure it's not all rosey, but winning games when not playing well/scoring lots is a good sign.

Don't know how much more rosy it can get to be honest .

Top of the league , 7 points clear and the squad looking happy and contrary to belief we are playing quite well. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Tomorrow's game should be a cracker. I'm planning to take this one in.

I take it I can just rock up and pay my fiver at the gate?

You can…..errrrr…..pay at the gate. Maybe take extra ‘pie’ money with you though…..just in case like

I think most Brechin fans will be happy with that outcome.

Brora were slow out of the blocks both halves which ultimately cost them the win, and possibly their chances of the title.

You can see why City are league leaders though, solid at the back and dangerous on the break, but Brora for the most part played the better football.

The substitute who scored the equaliser for Brora looked a player. Not sure why he didn't start.

Decent crowd as well - bigger home support than I remember watching East Fife at Glebe Park (seems ages ago now), and an excellent macaroni pie. Nice to also  revisit one of my favourite pubs, the Dalhousie Bar.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I think most Brechin fans will be happy with that outcome.

Brora were slow out of the blocks both halves which ultimately cost them the win, and possibly their chances of the title.

You can see why City are league leaders though, solid at the back and dangerous on the break, but Brora for the most part played the better football.

Not sure ‘happy’ is the word. Content would be a better description I think. 

Missed our focal point up front. And frustrating to lose second equaliser just after we should have went 3-1 up. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The substitute who scored the equaliser for Brora looked a player. Not sure why he didn't start.

George Robesten currently on loan from Ross County

13 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Not sure ‘happy’ is the word. Content would be a better description I think. 

Missed our focal point up front. And frustrating to lose second equaliser just after we should have went 3-1 up. 

Agree i feel if Dayle was available to play then the score line would have been different hes the kind of striker that only needs one chance. 

1 hour ago, RandyTheRed said:

Agree i feel if Dayle was available to play then the score line would have been different hes the kind of striker that only needs one chance. 

It wasn’t the chance taking that we missed. It was his physicality. He would have given those centre halves a much tougher time and would have allowed Louden to come wider. 

4 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

I see Levein was back hanging about the glebe yesterday. And he was presenting a match ball to the mascots hope he's not sneaking his way back in we don't need him 

He’s a really close friend of Kevin Mackie’s so I wouldn’t be surprised if he we see him around the Glebe fairly regularly but I would guess he is not going to be as involved as he was previously.  He attended games with Kevin a good bit before he was club advisor and it would only be natural that he’ll ask Craig for advice at different times.

But I’d be pretty certain that unless Paddy Cregg wants him to, he’s not going to have the same input into the team on the park as he did when Andy Kirk was manager.  Andy was Levein’s appointment after all.