The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

So who is doing the recruitment if there is no manager,mickey mouse board,surely you get a new manager in let him pick the players he wants.,not the chairman or whoever is doing it,seems a bit like Chelsea with a greedy chairman buying players and going through heaps of managers because they have to manage players they don’t want or like for their style of play.

Are you as thick as you are making out? 

You have already stated about the supposed exodus of players and your outrage that this is inevitable. 

By all accounts you are so far off the mark it is embarrassing . 

36 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Are you as thick as you are making out? 

You have already stated about the supposed exodus of players and your outrage that this is inevitable. 

By all accounts you are so far off the mark it is embarrassing . 

Well obviously you don’t read the topics either, I said lots of players would leave if Price stayed in charge 

By all accounts you are off the mark too.

New board is a joke all it needs is a simple statement to appease the fans.

3 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Well obviously you don’t read the topics either, I said lots of players would leave if Price stayed in charge 

What would you like the board to say?

Maybe they haven't concluded negotiations with players that are out of contract.

Maybe they have decided on a new Manager but contracts haven't been signed yet.

I am as keen for an update as anyone else but I wouldn't call out the board just yet (which is always your go to position) 

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

So who is doing the recruitment if there is no manager,mickey mouse board,surely you get a new manager in let him pick the players he wants.,not the chairman or whoever is doing it,seems a bit like Chelsea with a greedy chairman buying players and going through heaps of managers because they have to manage players they don’t want or like for their style of play.

Comparing us to Chelsea is a bit bizarre even by your standards

11 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Who has actually left yet?

On 31/05/2024 at 17:18, Kev8122 said:

2 promotions in 2 seasons so I think he's done pretty well there

At that level fair enough but not what we need at Brechin City feel like that appointment would lack some ambition IMO.

Just now, RandyTheRed said:

At that level fair enough but not what we need at Brechin City feel like that appointment would lack some ambition IMO.

Maybe it would and I'm not saying he'd be my first choice but perhaps our budget restrictions are not proving attractive for more well known Managers .

27 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Maybe it would and I'm not saying he'd be my first choice but perhaps our budget restrictions are not proving attractive for more well known Managers .

And there it is our club slowly dying unless someone with money and ambition buys us.

46 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

What would you like the board to say?

Maybe they haven't concluded negotiations with players that are out of contract.

Maybe they have decided on a new Manager but contracts haven't been signed yet.

I am as keen for an update as anyone else but I wouldn't call out the board just yet (which is always your go to position) 

An update on the state of affairs would be nice.Communication is a powerful tool and would appease lots of fans.

seems like this board has their own mafia now .

Just now, citydiehard said:

An update on the state of affairs would be nice.Communication is a powerful tool and would appease lots of fans.

I agree an update would be ideal for us fans and hopefully we all hear something in the next few days but i really dont understand all this mafia nonsense you seem to ramble on about its getting boring now.

14 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Nothing would appease you though!

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

And there it is our club slowly dying unless someone with money and ambition buys us.

Realistically nobody is going to pile in a heap of cash. If there is someone out there willing to do this, I'm sure nobody is going to stand in their way.

I'm not saying the chairman / board are perfect but they deserve a huge amount of credit for what they have done since they came in. They have raised a lot of money for the club, have engaged with the community, attendances are up. They have signed some great players for our level. 

On paper Gavin Price could have worked but he didn't. He should have been sacked earlier, in hindsight I'm sure they'd agree this didn't work out.

Hopefully a new manager will come in next week. I think we need to be realistic about who we can attract. It was a gamble last season to spend the money like we did. I think those levels of spending are a thing of the past.

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Our Articles of Association prevents anyone owning more than 25% of the club - if you were a shareholder you'd know this already.

5 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

Our Articles of Association prevents anyone owning more than 25% of the club - if you were a shareholder you'd know this already.

Why would I become a shareholder and watch the incompetent board waste my money.

5 hours ago, GP_Red said:

Realistically nobody is going to pile in a heap of cash. If there is someone out there willing to do this, I'm sure nobody is going to stand in their way.

I'm not saying the chairman / board are perfect but they deserve a huge amount of credit for what they have done since they came in. They have raised a lot of money for the club, have engaged with the community, attendances are up. They have signed some great players for our level. 

On paper Gavin Price could have worked but he didn't. He should have been sacked earlier, in hindsight I'm sure they'd agree this didn't work out.

Hopefully a new manager will come in next week. I think we need to be realistic about who we can attract. It was a gamble last season to spend the money like we did. I think those levels of spending are a thing of the past.

That’s promotion gone already,to get a decent manager you need to splash the cash,so the aims of this board have failed.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Why would I become a shareholder and watch the incompetent board waste my money.

So you can go to the AGM and tell them to their face instead of hiding behind your keyboard.

Clearly you prefer to slate them behind their backs

6 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Who are you guys expecting to lose/leave from your squad?

Think Grady or  Spark might go.   think cruickshank  is out of contract and didnt get much game time so he might go too  most of the squad is under contract so can't see many going 

15 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Think Grady or  Spark might go.   think cruickshank  is out of contract and didnt get much game time so he might go too  most of the squad is under contract so can't see many going 

From purely a football perspective I agree there’s better than Cruicky, he would admit that. But purely for the effort and enthusiasm he puts into being a Brechin player he deserves a contract, he’s the first (if not only) lad that’s over interacting with the young lads in the main stand after a match. And don’t get me wrong he’s a more than capable player when required.

21 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

From purely a football perspective I agree there’s better than Cruicky, he would admit that. But purely for the effort and enthusiasm he puts into being a Brechin player he deserves a contract, he’s the first (if not only) lad that’s over interacting with the young lads in the main stand after a match. And don’t get me wrong he’s a more than capable player when required.

Yeah agree with you there hes brechin through and through and a great ambassador for the club always gives his all. But think he might be frustrated with the lack of game time