The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, city1906 said:

Agreed. First half was brilliant, 2nd half not so.

As you say had that been last season we would have been down at the break.

Early stages yet but I'm happy with that result, would have been better with 3 but coming away with a point at somewhere we've struggled is testament to th work going on.

Imagine being happy dropping points.

On 08/08/2024 at 14:26, MonTheHedge said:

Apart from one at the beginning of the match where Locos were through on goal I can’t remember a single mistake that sparky/mckay made. I thought sparky was brilliant anticipating through balls and getting a head start on the locos forward who was clearly faster than him. 

McKay is such a classy player, you can tell he’s got that full time background, and he will be a rock back there. 

Sparky was lucky to stay on the park with a shocking tackle on the Inverurie player in the second half.He needs to stop trying to be too clever and keep it simple.

10 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Sparky was lucky to stay on the park with a shocking tackle on the Inverurie player in the second half.He needs to stop trying to be too clever and keep it simple.

Sparky using his old school tactics which works.

Only an idiot would realise that.

15 hours ago, citydiehard said:

How would you know. You don't watch Brechin City play!

1 hour ago, kevsmart said:

How would you know. You don't watch Brechin City play!

I don’t ? Do you ? You need to stop sugar coating the team,yesterday proved still a lot of work needs done.McKay could have been sent off,so that’s 2 possible red cards in 2 games our discipline will let us down .

7 hours ago, city1906 said:

Sparky using his old school tactics which works.

Only an idiot would realise that.

Old tactics that won’t work every game in fact he’s already been caught out this season, got to cut out the stupid mistakes.

The way we’re playing under Cregg now it’s at the stage I can’t wait for the next game so I can go watch! 

Had it in my head we had a mid-weeker this week but alas no. 

Edited by MonTheHedge

16 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

The way we’re playing under Cregg now it’s at the stage I can’t wait for the next game so I can go watch! 

Had it in my head we had a mid-weeker this week but alas no. 

Know what you mean. But we've played so many mid week and Saturday games lately think it will be good for the players to get a rest 

12 hours ago, city1906 said:

What a result in Wick, not many teams will go there and do that.

Top of the league too!!

Still won't be enough for some though...

It'll be enough for genuine supporters of the club.

Three months ago I’m not sure I would have been able to dream of this start to the season.  I genuinely had no idea what we would be like and while it is still early days all the signs are that Patrick Cregg is going to be a really good manager for us.  Night and day from the last few months of last season.

Not just results either, some of the football we are playing is exciting to watch.

1 hour ago, charlie king mvp said:

Three months ago I’m not sure I would have been able to dream of this start to the season.  I genuinely had no idea what we would be like and while it is still early days all the signs are that Patrick Cregg is going to be a really good manager for us.  Night and day from the last few months of last season.

Not just results either, some of the football we are playing is exciting to watch.

Not been tested yet ,first big test next Saturday up at Buckie then another against Brora and BoD will see where we are