Queen's Park 2019/20

His stash of incriminating photos of McKinnon must make for some viewing: that’s three times he’s signed him for three different clubs in the space of just 16 months. He was a useless sand-dancer for us but then again so was Tony Wallace and a stack of other diddies who found their level in the fourth tier.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

His stash of incriminating photos of McKinnon must make for some viewing: that’s three times he’s signed him for three different clubs in the space of just 16 months. He was a useless sand-dancer for us but then again so was Tony Wallace and a stack of other diddies who found their level in the fourth tier.

image.png.722a621a4faf16229c9b23a918ccc1fc.png

Taking my 4 month old baby along today as her mother has abandoned us for the day and we’re at a loose end.
Also it gets her on the bandwagon nice and early before professionalism sees the club become a footballing juggernaut!

My only reservation is that the overzealous stewards may try and frisk my baby on the way in.

3 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Heard a lot of rumours that we are going full time next year .... anyone want to confirm.

Heard a few comments at the game to the effect 'we should have stayed amateur' your no doubt in the same camp? If it wasn't for our 3 professional signings today we would have lost that game easily, and in fact as is becoming glaringly obvious other teams have strengthened so much that the decision to go professional was indeed the right one.

8 hours ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Heard a few comments at the game to the effect 'we should have stayed amateur' your no doubt in the same camp? If it wasn't for our 3 professional signings today we would have lost that game easily, and in fact as is becoming glaringly obvious other teams have strengthened so much that the decision to go professional was indeed the right one.

What evidence? Where do all these stronger players come from? Don't they weaken the losing club?

What evidence? Where do all these stronger players come from? Don't they weaken the losing club?

There’s a pecking order, isn’t there. Much has been said about the club’s efforts each year to trawl the Juniors, and even then limited geographically, and conversely our players who don’t cut it tend to end up back at that level. The players we signed this week have all played at higher level, principally Championship and English equivalent, and for whatever reason not quite making it there but certainly can at L2 level. Their former clubs have decided they’re not part of the plan there but they’ll have more than enough to offer two leagues below at Queen’s Park.

I mentioned quite a while back that part of what the New Order offered was an opportunity to recruit from above rather than from below. That’s started quicker than I had anticipated but as a fan (first) and a member I’m delighted. Of course, that means that some others will have to relocate but they too will find that being an ex-Queensparker still counts for something.

So, I’ll go first. Our club will not be in the relegation play-offs. And I’d be so bold as to say there’s several club’s board/members/fans who would love to have a business plan and to-do list like our club has at the moment.

Did you make it in and out safely? And did your daughter enjoy the game?

In safely after a quick check of the babies changing bag, you can’t be too careful with those things! Loaded with nappies and baby wipes.

She cried just prior to Rovers taking the lead, preempting their goal perhaps? Then she mostly stared at the Rovers fans up in the box behind us. Steward was fine with us standing, sitting seemed to upset her.

As to her enjoying it, we’ll return and see how it goes next time. We left prior to the equaliser.

In safely after a quick check of the babies changing bag, you can’t be too careful with those things! Loaded with nappies and baby wipes.

She cried just prior to Rovers taking the lead, preempting their goal perhaps? Then she mostly stared at the Rovers fans up in the box behind us. Steward was fine with us standing, sitting seemed to upset her.

As to her enjoying it, we’ll return and see how it goes next time. We left prior to the equaliser.

Excellent. Recommend you start a savings account for her 2040 season ticket. It’ll cost a fortune after our Europa Cup success.