Queen's Park 2019/20

The world turned upside down. What the hell is happening? Have I been transported to an alternative universe? My head isn't quite handling the fact that we're bringing in guys from higher divisions who aren't nearing the end of their careers. Here's hoping it all knits together on the field quickly.

On 27/01/2020 at 15:22, The man with no name said:

Who said Trouten and Miller would fit?

Obviously not you, but I cannot think of two better players to give us a real push up the league. Both good goal scorers.                                                                                                                                         Three new players signed two of whom I have never heard of, trust Ray knows what he is doing.

Exciting times indeed. 

But I have a question. Why sign everyone up on pro contracts from this years squad then bring in all these new players. There must be at least  25 players in squad now and as I believe possible 2 more this week.  What will happen wifh all these players. Will they be loaned out? I know as I said was good to see committed players getting deals till end of season. But it seems an expensive exercise. These new players we are signing must be on decent money for them to come to us coming from the championship. Is it a major push for play offs and try and get up that way this year. Surely the new guys coming in will be on substantially more than our original expenses only players. Will that not cause issues surely.

As the President said at the meeting last week, the Club signed the current squad up on pro contracts first before any of the recent signings came in.

On the signings bringing up the squad numbers, remember that we only have the January window to bring guys in to make sure that we are not at the erse end of the table come May. That we've been very proactive can only be a good thing.

Surely the new guys coming in will be on substantially more than our original expenses only players. Will that not cause issues surely.

Every club in the world pays different wages to different players. I’d argue it’d be more disrespectful to keep the current players on amateur contracts and then bring in pro players. The way the club has gone about it so far can only be praised.

52 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Exciting times indeed. 

But I have a question. Why sign everyone up on pro contracts from this years squad then bring in all these new players. There must be at least  25 players in squad now and as I believe possible 2 more this week.  What will happen wifh all these players. Will they be loaned out? I know as I said was good to see committed players getting deals till end of season. But it seems an expensive exercise. These new players we are signing must be on decent money for them to come to us coming from the championship. Is it a major push for play offs and try and get up that way this year. Surely the new guys coming in will be on substantially more than our original expenses only players. Will that not cause issues surely.

I have every faith that our committee is not doing a Gretna here and we will be cash rich at the moment with the added promise of Lord Haughey money as an assurance. However, I don't know the nuts and bolts of it either. Wasn't possible for me to make the presidents meeting before the ' dirty rovers' game so some nuggets of information may be have been given then? I know the view is I should have been there but could somebody please shed some light on this topic for me and many others that couldn't make it.