Queen's Park 2019/20

13 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

With it being that easy, you should be able to find out no bother.

Seriously though, QP coaches in the past have been anally retentive about just about everything. If the new coach or the Club don't want to advertise their business, I don't have a problem with that. I read most of the team threads on P and B and very seldom, if ever, read anything about length of contracts.

Two year maximum at this level. Very rare to get anything more than that, with McAllister being a very rare exception. If I was speculating, I'd guess at optional extension triggers in the event of promotion and the guys being able to walk away if we're still playing in League Two.

A big, wide market out there for us in the summer. It'll be September before the club truly settles on the park. It won't be dull, that's for sure. 

Edited by an86

IMG_4850.thumb.jpg.565d06a719be4e843876cf206a83a7a3.jpg

Interestingly, there’s been a lot of talk about Willie Muir this week. Thoughts on this? I don’t think Cammy Bell will want to be second choice at a L2 club.
I know I should know better than to believe anything from Ths Sun, but the article mentions our 'head of recruitment' Darren Taylor. I know Taylor has been with McKinnon at previous clubs, but that's the first I'd heard he'd followed him to us too. Anyone know if he's part of our staff?

As for signing Bell, I would be pretty disappointed if he were to take Wullies place, and I would guess he wouldn't be keen to be backup in League 2. Imagine he may well be looking for more money than what I'd guess Muir is on too. Also, from the little I've seen of Hegarthy I reckon bith he and DC could be ample cover for Wullie.

14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I know I should know better than to believe anything from Ths Sun, but the article mentions our 'head of recruitment' Darren Taylor. I know Taylor has been with McKinnon at previous clubs, but that's the first I'd heard he'd followed him to us too. Anyone know if he's part of our staff?

First I've heard as well. Had no idea this position officially existed at the club and also didn't have a scooby who he was.

I take it this is just a grandiose term for what most of us would call a  head scout. I understand that most of our previous managers have had similar folk helping them out in unofficial capacities

re Bell. Not sure about him at all. I definitely think Willie is the better keeper at the moment but what are his plans at the end of the season? Maybe he has something else lined up himself, who knows     

Edited by Mick1867

14 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

re Bell. Not sure about him at all. I definitely think Willie is the better keeper at the moment but what are his plans at the end of the season? Maybe he has something else lined up himself, who knows     

I think he's actually eaten Wullie Muir. I was anticipating a ruthless new world, but not quite this ruthless. Certainly one way of taking out the competition. 

On 03/02/2020 at 13:00, Dooflick said:

Do not know, but I would think that it would have to be until the end of next season, to entice them to sign for us.I would also think that any of our original  players who have signed until the end of this season, will have until then to impress, so that they can be offered a new contract that will take them to the end of next season. Mind you I can only think of about half a dozen who will be in that group.

Did no one read this post. This is the only way these guys and indeed any future guys did or will sign for us surely, at least until the end of next season. The rest of this season gives the original players time to prove to Ray that they deserve a longer contract. Can't see it any other way. A  good point by TMWNN we already have four goalkeepers.

11 hours ago, spider1867 said:

A number of players told they are free to leave the club as not part of plans. 

Sad, but a harsh reality. Before the current signings the squad was already too large. This came about, understandably, at the beginning of the season when Mark Roberts had virtually no players two weeks before season start. He had to find and sign as many as he could and try and allow for some fallout. In truth more became decent signings than I think he or us had anticipated. Nobody's fault. I think most of those released will find a game of football close to their level. I wish them all well and thank them for giving me pleasure and frustration, highs and lows, during the season. As always, the future beckons.

12 hours ago, spider1867 said:

A number of players told they are free to leave the club as not part of plans. 

Aye that's what happens at professional football clubs. In fact, we always had players not part of the manager's plans when we were amateur

At least now these players will be picking up a wage from us until their contract runs out or they find another club.  

It's what we voted for

52 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Seriously. Think about it. All the guys who were not involved in the squad at the weekend. Should give you a pointer. 

so  who told you            agree  players i saw against cowden better than what we had    only 5 or so  will probably be kept