Queen's Park 2019/20

3 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Is Ryan McGeever getting a game? Would be an excellent addition for that central defender role.

Aye, he's getting a game. Wouldn't see that one being a realistic move until summer. Mick Dunlop isn't playing at Peterhead, though.

18 hours ago, an86 said:

Not getting carried away about playoffs. It's still the same squad who have shown fragility when it comes to putting a run together. We've won a few games we weren't supposed to and given ourselves platforms against what are "easier" looking games and our arse has gone. Ultimately, that's what ended up costing Mark Roberts his job. 

We need to start putting these performances in against the teams around us if we're going to make sure we're looking up the table. That, of course, doesn't detract from what was an absolutely magnificent performance from the whole team yesterday. A couple of additions still required just to strengthen us in areas where we're a bit short on numbers and quality. 

This.

I'm still buzzin after Saturday but also not getting too carried away just yet. If we manage to win our next two home games and strengthen the squad then I just might. 

Edited by Mick1867

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Option A- drive to Peterhead (and back)

Option B - drive to Mount Florida

Down to whether Peterhead want to do business in January. They're in a dog fight and will probably be reluctant to let him go if they can't get someone better in. Few more experienced defenders in the bottom two leagues. 

7 hours ago, an86 said:

Thomson away to Newcastle for 50k plus add ons according to one of Murdoch's comic books via the BBC gossip page. 

Particulary pleasing that both the Ugly Sisters were interested and didn't get him. Think this might be the first example of the potential for our new status. The OF probably thought they'd get him for a case of Monster Munches for Reagan and a bag of used balls for the club. £50k is a super deal for someone who's hardly started with the first team. Well done to all involved.

9 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

This.

I'm still buzzin after Saturday but also not getting too carried away just yet. If we manage to win our next two home games and strengthen the squad then I just might. 

The Albion Rovers game in particular is a key indicator given our last two games against them saw us need a last minute equaliser at home and being dispatched with ease at Cliftonhill

As long as "Chappy" doesn't come out of retirement then I'm confident 

qp.jpg.87985a96ac3c1c8287579587748e2806.jpg
I saw this rather good pic on another website and as I like you guys (honest) I thought it deserved to be shared. 

Ground's Gayfield- presumably Queen's were getting promoted or something. 

Thanks tamthebam. It’s in a lot of QP fans archive that one but appreciated nonetheless. One of many fond memories from our promotion year under Billy Stark. As much remembered for the characters in the background.

I saw this rather good pic on another website and as I like you guys (honest) I thought it deserved to be shared. 

Team full of young guys giving us an absolute riding over 2 games I'm sure.

Pretty sure we lost 4/5/6-1 on aggregate over 2 legs.

Embarrassing at the time but the careers a lot of them went on to have shows there was nothing to be embarrassed about. Quality side.

The wee lad top right....Quality! What fitba is all about

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The greatest football photo of all time!