Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

It's a close-run thing but on balance I think our defence is even worse than the referee.

Scullion is the worst player I've ever seen in a Linlithgow Rose strip. He's not got the worst feet - though not far off - but his decision making and situational awareness are bloody terrible. He thinks he's Pirlo and every time he gets the ball he plays it long, which is bread and butter for any adequate defender. Is he allergic to a simple ball into a midfielder's feet?

We're better on the ball than Bo'ness but we're let down by a weak defence and a general lack of bite.

And while I'm pissed off, the new pitch is shite; I've nothing against plastic pitches in general, Blackburn's is better than a lot of grass pitches, but this is a rubber crumb mess.

It's not beyond us to score two or three here, but we'll do well not to concede again.

1st half cost us we were terrible! We need to punt scullion need a new keeper two centre half’s a midfield and another striker! Manager needs to stop picking the wrong team! A part from that we are still shite![emoji23][emoji23]

Fair play to Bo'ness. They dominated us first half and sat back and asked us to beat them second half.

Thought we were the better team second half especially after Roddy was introduced but couldn't get the equaliser.

Thought when Bo'ness wanted to they played some good football. We were hoping from a bit of magic from Roddy and Ronald to win the game.

It's hard just now as we need to score three to win a game as we keep leaking goals. Wilson and Scullion aren't good enough but they'll have to do for now. I counted six times on the trot first half Scullion fired a forty yarder to a blue Jersey. Needs to realise he is a centre half and win it and pass out wide or to centre mid.

We need to go on a run now and play the players with pace and see where it goes. Today shows the gulf between the top sides where we struggle and the bottom where we canter.

Good spirit to have a go at the end though, that's a positive!

Htg

17 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Stopped reading after ronald

I like him, we were much better when he got switched to the right. His strength is knocking the ball past the full back and accelerating into the space but that's harded to do off your 'wrong' foot. When he cuts inside he often runs up blind alleys, which defeats the purpose of playing him on the left. But generally I'm a fan.

51 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Where on earth did that last 20 minutes come from

Hare going off, Roddy coming on and Ronald switching to the right.

Allum was better than Coco too, more mobile and more useful in wider positions, though by then the balls forward were improving - Coco wasn't given a lot to work with, trying to get on the end of Scullion's silky hoofs up the park.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I take it Scullion was the big no 16 Centrehalf. Presumably you picked him up from a pub team .

His record is fairly impressive, but I can't understand how. He'd been at league clubs consecutively for over 15 years. I wonder if he thinks, now he's playing non-league, he can ping all those fantasy passes.

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 17.44.59.png

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Scullion has a decent CV. Maybe like a lot of players who drop down the leagues he needs time to adjust.

Or hang up his boots. I’m pretty sure they are diving boots as he can’t jump, drops back three yards further than the rest of the defence to cover his lack of pace and when he hoofs the ball forward your guess is as good as mine as to where it goes.

The Rose were woeful in the first half and hardly made a telling pass or kept the ball - credit to Bo’ness for their pressing. Hitting high balls forward into a wind is meat and drink to any defenders.

Better performance in the second half but still a lack of passing was evident. The last ten minutes we were on top but where was that passion and energy for the first 80 minutes.