Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

On 27/07/2019 at 15:08, GordonS said:

Should be 3-1, again Scullion in no man's land.

I overheard one of the Blackburn coaches telling their left midfielder (number 7) "keep playing it into those areas, they don't like it." Ain't that the truth.

On 27/07/2019 at 18:13, Burnie_man said:

Well you guys will definitely get value for money this season, there will be goals aplenty at both ends.

Warning signs were there in July, and from what I saw last week, you've gotten worse.

39 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Can anyone confirm who took the last corner the rose got. The one from the band hall side. 

Scullion.

Yes, our big centre half took a corner in injury time with us 2-1 down - and swung it straight out. 

I apologise to those who were standing around me at that moment for my uncontrollable bout of profanity.

21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Warning signs were there in July, and from what I saw last week, you've gotten worse.

Couple of guys told me I was clueless and needed to calm down after that game. Nothing that has happened since has made me revise my opinions, it has only confirmed them.

50 minutes ago, Specky said:

I think you might know... the person who should have been in the middle for it coming in....

The clue was that it didn't even get close to a rose player.

And if that was his decision. I'd like to know if the manager sanctions that kind of thing. 

Season is pretty much over! Let’s just hope we can get enough points to stay in the league! We are miles short in challenging for trophies!
The season was as good as over in September. 2 defeats and we sack yet another manager. Rightly or wrongly this sent out a message that we didn't have confidence in either players or the then management.

From the games that I have seen we have not improved since then either. Our results since are hardly inspiring. Broxburn being the exception.

I agree survival is now the realistic main aim.

Brown Ferguson needs time - but every player he brings in needs to deliver an improvement and quickly.

6 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The season was as good as over in September. 2 defeats and we sack yet another manager. Rightly or wrongly this sent out a message that we didn't have confidence in either players or the then management.

From the games that I have seen we have not improved since then either. Our results since are hardly inspiring. Broxburn being the exception.

Brown Ferguson needs time - but every player he brings in needs to deliver an improvement and quickly.

The problem is you expect overnight improvement. He is bringing in new players who need to bed in and be comfortable with the system he wants to operate. The word is patience. The Rose are not in any relegation battle.

15 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

There’s the positivity in our support. Got to love a positive post. 

You should concentrate on trying to wind up those over the hill with your dismal attempts at humour and winding them up. Your inability to do that along with your constant negativity really are embarrassing.

Everyone is allowed an opinion but when all you can be is negative then why bother? 

8 minutes ago, boheesian said:

The problem is you expect overnight improvement. He is bringing in new players who need to bed in and be comfortable with the system he wants to operate. The word is patience. The Rose are not in any relegation battle.

Actually the best statement on this page so far. 

33 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Having a laugh springs to mind!

If Linlithgow beat Musselburgh at end of September, the wee Rose would have topped the league that evening, so please stop being so mellow dramatic! You don’t go from being near to top of table to being crap in a day.

Lose a manager and your ‘big’ players should take the lead and not go into woe-me attitude.

There’s the positivity in our support. Got to love a positive post. 

You should concentrate on trying to wind up those over the hill with your dismal attempts at humour and winding them up. Your inability to do that along with your constant negativity really are embarrassing.
Everyone is allowed an opinion but when all you can be is negative then why bother? 
Tell me the positives? You seem to see something I'm not seeing that makes you think differently.

You were hardly very positive on Scullion in your previous posts - yet you choose to have a dig because I make a general post of my view - opposed to your specific criticism of an individual player.

Indeed several other posters make far more critical comments than mine but my post is the one that you choose to criticise.

Since September our performances other than Broxburn have hardly been inspiring. Please feel free to tell me the inspiring performances I have missed - that would prove my original comment wrong?

I recognised in my post that Brown needs time. Unfortunately football is a results driven business and that's not a negative comment but a hard fact.

31 minutes ago, Bufty Boots said:

Actually the best statement on this page so far. 

Thank you kind Sir. Brown Ferguson has been handed in some people’s eyes a poisoned chalice. That may be but he will have a long term plan and as I said in my previous post patience is required. Are Coyne, Coco, and the McLennan brothers the base for a future Rose side? We have a similar situation with the likes of Hunter, Campbell, Snowdon & Donnelly also in the veteran stage. Although Max is bringing in some younger players. It’s transition time for both Clubs but Max is getting on with it, Ferguson is just beginning.

Edited by boheesian

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Tell me the positives? You seem to see something I'm not seeing that makes you think differently.

You were hardly very positive on Scullion in your previous posts - yet you choose to have a dig because I make a general post of my view - opposed to your specific criticism of an individual player.

Indeed several other posters make far more critical comments than mine but my post is the one that you choose to criticise.

Since September our performances other than Broxburn have hardly been inspiring. Please feel free to tell me the inspiring performances I have missed - that would prove my original comment wrong?

I recognised in my post that Brown needs time. Unfortunately football is a results driven business and that's not a negative comment but a hard fact.

We are not in a relegation fight. The season didn’t end in September.  

Your unrelenting negativity coupled with  a sad obsession with another club gets annoying after a while.

My opinion on one player will be largely supported by most even handed supporters.

I have no idea what games you do and do not attend so can’t comment on that. 

You said that Brown needs time but every player he brings in needs to deliver an improvement quickly - it’s one or the other in my opinion. 

Surely he’s recruiting players he knows will fit the system or who understand the system though?

We are not in a relegation fight. The season didn’t end in September.  
Your unrelenting negativity coupled with  a sad obsession with another club gets annoying after a while.
My opinion on one player will be largely supported by most even handed supporters.
I have no idea what games you do and do not attend so can’t comment on that. 
You said that Brown needs time but every player he brings in needs to deliver an improvement quickly - it’s one or the other in my opinion. 
Unrelenting negativity - still waiting on the positives from you - that we can all get behind?