Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Beith vs Tranent last season. It's hardly a comparison. Acknowledge Tranent are doing well this year.

We need a squad and need to rotate its not about one player but I'd suggest we lost at Jeanfield and won yday due to Ruari returning and the new left back coming in rather than anything to do with the striking dept.

Weve added what looks like three decent players since Brown arrived and we are improving.

It will certainly be interesting when a fit Roddy is around, he offers something we haven't had in a while.

I thought the end result was a bit flattering on Linlithgow to be honest.

First half we competed well, there were few clear chances for either side and a poor half hit clearance lead to your first goal – although it was well taken - but the scorer was lucky to be on the park after he kicked out at one of our players on the stand side touchline right in front of the linesman and ref.  Just like the first game of the season, you should have been down to 10 in the first half but the officials bottled it (Mr.Luke the referee has form, after an appalling display against us at Stirling Uni earlier this season).  Our only chance of note was when your keeper nearly fumbled a cross cum shot into his own net.

Second half I thought we started the better side, and had Danny Campbell’s shot not cannoned off the bar it could have been a different game. However we have issues at centre half and again they were found wanting at the second, the third appeared to be a few yards offside but we weren’t getting any decisions. Fourth was well taken and our consolation was probably the pick of the bunch.

Rose were deserved winners, but putting into context I think I’m right in saying that four of our five starting midfielders were 20 or under

7 hours ago, Greygoose said:

Some good points made by Rose supporters, every signing Brown has made has improved us.

Will be good once he has a full pre season with his own choices in place.

Hopefully exciting times ahead.  

More between January and March I reckon. 

First footing the Beggars tomorrow will show if we have improved or not.

Big changes to Newtown Park since our last visit - the juniors have seemingly undertaken a lot of additional work since their arrival.

Taking the wee grandson to his first Rose game tomorrow. He has been to a couple of Boness games before but trying to convert him to the good guys [emoji1696]
I'm sure he will learn a few new words from Grandad...!!