Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

6 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Dreadful game on an awful surface. Could have won with the late penalty but a decent save from the rocket.

A complete non event and a poor spectacle for the neutral. Really disappointed in Lithgae's inability to break down Musselburgh. Penalty aside, did you create a chance? 

You'll win the league in a canter but you'll need to do much better to advance.

Agreed, pitch is poor, and that was evident In our new approach of route one!! Not great to watch!

7 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

A complete non event and a poor spectacle for the neutral. Really disappointed in Lithgae's inability to break down Musselburgh. Penalty aside, did you create a chance? 

You'll win the league in a canter but you'll need to do much better to advance.

Agreed, pitch is poor, and that was evident In our new approach of route one!! Not great to watch!

Was a sticky game that’s for sure but we did create a few chances. Three big one early on for Baxter (2) and Sneddon, Stowe had a narrow chance second half and he put it on a plate for Sneddon too. McMullan had a good chance too but didn’t connect.

Musselburgh have a very good defence (second best in the league) so no surprise it was difficult to break down and they were desperate not to lose. One of the hardest away games in the season. You’d have thought they’d won the league when we missed the penalty which by the way was a top class save and Ali Adams at his best.

Team looking a bit fatigued at this stage of the season I think but if we go up I’m not too worried, we dispatched Spartans 4-0 this year and they are the Champions of the league above.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

On 30/03/2023 at 15:28, Andydoc said:

I've been told, from a very good source, that Beith have an acceptance from SPFL to get their license.

Floodlights are the only issue and they have an agreement to have them fitted within 6 weeks.

On the basis of the application that they have submitted , they will have their license.

No free pass, I'm afraid.

Beith have released a statement on their twitter account stating that they are unable to get a licence this year (I don't know how to copy & paste, so you'll have to look yourself).

I'm very happy to be proved wrong in this case.

I see the Lowland League have voted to retain the 3 B teams for next season - to the surprise of no one. Bullied into it by the SFA who threatened to impose a conference league above the LL and HL if they voted against it.

Maxwell needs to be removed and replaced by someone who supports a proper pyramid.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I see the Lowland League have voted to retain the 3 B teams for next season - to the surprise of no one. Bullied into it by the SFA who threatened to impose a conference league above the LL and HL if they voted against it.

Maxwell needs to be removed and replaced by someone who supports a proper pyramid.

Good post, whilst I'm in favour of something that develops B Teams, however the LL isn't the solution.

Lithgae fans; do you want to be a part of this sham organisation?

10-5 from @Burnieman not even close.

Once you know the 10 boycott them; no way these clubs should be rewarded with the Lithgae Dollar.

#boycottLLland.

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Lithgae fans; do you want to be a part of this sham organisation?

10-5 from @Burnieman not even close.

Once you know the 10 boycott them; no way these clubs should be rewarded with the Lithgae Dollar.

#boycottLLland.

Of course we do. Get up there and change it.

It’ll take time but it will change. Priority must be 2 up 2 down. That’s what will change the voting patterns.

And on the contrary on the boycott. IF we manage to get up, take supporters to everywhere the other teams might see that the £40k on offer for B teams would be dwarfed if a fluid pyramid was in operation. Crowds are growing from Tier 6 down from what I can see, and that means cash!

Hail the Gallant!

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

6 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It’ll take time but it will change. Priority must be 2 up 2 down. That’s what will change the voting patterns.

And on the contrary on the boycott. IF we manage to get up, take supporters to everywhere the other teams might see that the £40k on offer for B teams would be dwarfed if a fluid pyramid was in operation. Crowds are growing from Tier 6 down from what I can see, and that means cash!

Hail the Gallant!

Excellent response and will imagine that's how the club hierarchy will be feeling. 

Most surprising thing is only 5 good guys.

When/If you get up, don't want to be disrespectful to Creetown if they win SOS, bend ears of other committees about how good Tier 6 is.

31 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Hail the Gallant!

100% only way to change it.  I will say any team who votes on  or against for promotion and relegation from lowland to tier 6, should be made public.

42 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

...When/If you get up, don't want to be disrespectful to Creetown if they win SOS, bend ears of other committees about how good Tier 6 is.

Creetown have no entry level licence so not a factor where the playoff is concerned has been the assumption on that on here. Do you know different?

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Creetown have no entry level licence so not a factor where the playoff is concerned has been the assumption on that on here. Do you know different?

From what's being reported from their agm and the word on the street down here, they will be confirmed entry level licence at SFA meeting whenever that is.

This Scotsman article from a few days ago says

"As it stands, Rose would compete in a two-legged play-off with South of Scotland leaders Creetown – currently going through the process to obtain their SFA license – for a place in the fifth tier, as current West of Scotland leaders Beith, are an unlicensed club.".

The LL league rules for what they are worth state the licence has to have been obtained by 31st of March unless the team have been granted a waiver. So possibly they may have been granted a waiver and the door is still open.

https://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-2020.pdf

Creetown have done a lot of work on their ground in recent years to have it enclosed and install floodlights so that's definitely possible. The waiver comes into play when a club is only waiting on a rubber stamp to officially receive the licence at the SFA AGM. The LL board has been flexible on that in the past.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

18 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Creetown have done a lot of work on their ground in recent years to have it enclosed and install floodlights so that's definitely possible. The waiver comes into play when a club is only waiting on a rubber stamp to officially receive the licence at the SFA AGM. The LL board has been flexible on that in the past.

If the current situation is correct and Creetown have done everything to fit into the SFA license criteria and only waiting on it being rubber stamped at a meeting, (think its in July) then I see no problem with Creetown being allowed to play in the playoff

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Hail the Gallant!

👏👏 Certainly the best ‘Rose’ poster on this site👍