UEFA Champions League 2019-20

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Reasonably so, yet his ranking in football is certainly not proportional to his medals won, or your stupid and irrelevant criteria for team of the year, since he has done f**k all at national level and yet is widely considered the best of all time. 

Four CL titles and about eleven league titles?  About forty trophies overall?  When did I differentiate between club and international?  Its you that invented that bizarre rule to back up your non point.  George Best never played at an international tournament yet is regarded as one of the best ever.

Just now, Kuro said:

Four CL titles and about eleven league titles?  About forty trophies overall?  When did I differentiate between club and international?  Its you that invented that bizarre rule to back up your non point.  George Best never played at an international tournament yet is regarded as one of the best ever.

You brought Ramos' international trophies into it to justofy his position in the toty. How many medals does Ryan Giggs have? Does he deserve to be talked about in the same bracket as Messi?

The answer is no. But why not?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Reasonably so, yet his ranking in football is certainly not proportional to his medals won, or your stupid and irrelevant criteria for team of the year, since he has done f**k all at national level and yet is widely considered the best of all time. 

35 trophies in all so far, I would say that's a bit better than reasonable.  How many players in the history of the game can you name with more?  A handful?  Including an Olympic Gold Medal with Argentina too btw, which I believe is international.  36 if you include his u20 World Cup win, also an international.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

You brought Ramos' international trophies into it to justofy his position in the toty. How many medals does Ryan Giggs have? Does he deserve to be talked about in the same bracket as Messi?

The answer is no. But why not?

No, I used it to illustrate his quality as a player.

Because he isn't as good.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

This is based on the assumption that a) the camera is stopped exactly at the point the ball is struck and b) the lines have been drawn exactly accurately. The technology does not exist to do either of these things properly. So we're basically overturning an on-field official's decision based on faulty technology. Progress and all that.

I'll bow to your tech knowledge on that. Overall I think VAR is a plus.

No, I used it to illustrate his quality as a player.
Because he isn't as good.
You used years old medals to justify his inclusion in a team based on the last years form. Thats what you did. You were talking shite. Just like you were when you stated that teams who play out from the back should do so blindly without responding to what the opposition are doing.

Of course I know you are just being your usual contrarian arsehole character, but you are wrong on both issues.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You used years old medals to justify his inclusion in a team based on the last years form. Thats what you did. You were talking shite. Just like you were when you stated that teams who play out from the back should do so blindly without responding to what the opposition are doing.

Of course I know you are just being your usual contrarian arsehole character, but you are wrong on both issues.

They respond by being good at it, that's the idea.  You can press Real Madrid, Barca or Man City all you want all day long, they'll just pass round you.  I didn't use it to justify his inclusion, and in terms of 'years old' you mean four out of the last six CL titles btw lets be clear, and a World Cup last year, not ten years ago.

Edited by Kuro

Just now, Kuro said:

They respond by being good at it, that's the idea.  You can press Real Madrid, Barca or Man City all you want all day long, they'll just pass round you.  I didn't use it to justify his inclusion, and in terms of 'years old' you mean four out of the last six CL titles btw lets be clear, not ten years ago.

You were talking shite and trying to lord it over someone. I merely pointed out that you were talking shite, same as you were with your stupid response to me. Anyway I dont want to be a dick that derails a thread so I will bow out now that your awful posting has been aired out. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

You were talking shite and trying to lord it over someone. I merely pointed out that you were talking shite, same as you were with your stupid response to me. Anyway I dont want to be a dick that derails a thread so I will bow out now that your awful posting has been aired out. 

You attempted to, but failed, as I was entirely correct.  Four out of the last six CL titles between those two.  Have a wee think about that. I was wrong though when I said 7 CL titles between them, I obviously meant 9.