FIFA 20

TheGoon

After eventually getting Auba, decided to do some SBCs with all the shite I'd accumulated. Sitting thinking about whether exchanging an 83 squad for 2x 81+ UCL players would be worth it - specifically the David Luiz that I rotated in my first XI. 

It was worth it. 

Spoiler

477072719_20191106_2056151.thumb.jpg.1c1a55b59cb7b8f0aa3ef40d3a648fa1.jpg

Back on now. But because I was booted out, it meant I wasn’t able to gain an extra rank in rivals. So have to settle for the 3.5k coins and a couple of packs....will open later. Give me some luck after that pish last night EA. Please. 

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 20 ultimate team. You will be returned to the FIFA 20 main menu.”

Had this for the last hour or so. Can’t access the app either. Says there is no team linked to that account. 

When that happens, it usually means they've brought the servers down for maintenance.  I expect they've given some notice of that somewhere, but I've seen a lot of complaints that it's hardly visible when they do it. And the error message it gives - no team linked - is pretty amateur, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Who else got Sommer and two shiters from their player picks then. 😒

I got Sommer and Tammy Abraham (Gold3)

Other 9 packs i got for Rivals etc were utter shite. never packed a card worth more than 30k yet making the game a absolute grind.

Opened those 2 packs I got. Goretzka who I already had and some 79 rated jobber. Thanks EA. Just wanted to get up to 27.5k coins but no, you guys just cut me and loads of others right before rewards are released. Magic. 

7 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Apparently TOTGS is out tomorrow so might hold onto my rewards

Surely won't be TOTGS with two rounds still to go?  Road to the Final cards will probably be released tomorrow, which would make sense.  Good wee cards to watch out for, particularly in the knockout stages.  The prices go fucking mental when a goal is scored - think I remember Sterling's one almost double, and then crash when he scored his disallowed VAR goal in the quarters.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Surely won't be TOTGS with two rounds still to go?  Road to the Final cards will probably be released tomorrow, which would make sense.  Good wee cards to watch out for, particularly in the knockout stages.  The prices go fucking mental when a goal is scored - think I remember Sterling's one almost double, and then crash when he scored his disallowed VAR goal in the quarters.

True, hope they release a cheap card from a good team, Rabiot or Lautaro Martinez.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

More silly questions.
Club items ...
Staff, the coaches that have plus 10 defence, what does this do ? Other managers is there a point in keeping them ?
Same goes for stadiums etc ?

Most can be sold, quick sold/transfer market, if you’re not going to use them. The main rule is to check the transfer market first, so you don’t undersell anything, and remember if you list something for a bit and get nothing you can still quick sell it afterwards. I usually let them build up for a while then have a clear-out when I’m short of coins.

Training Items (eg +10 passing etc) – They only give a player a one game boost once applied so most people don’t bother with them. Quick sell goalkeeper boosts, as they won’t sell. List everything else on the transfer market, though most will only go for 200 coins and maybe take a few attempts. Gold/silver (+10/+15) shooting, pace etc might go for a little more, and +6/+10 All Attributes are rare but worth more too.

Coaches (not managers) – They increase the boosts if you use training items. So if you have some coaches for dribbling and apply a +10 dribbling item, the stat will increase by more. If you’re not using training items, quick sell them all except fitness coaches. Keep the fitness coaches so when you apply squad/player fitness you get better boosts, though it’s largely irrelevant unless you let you players fitness drop to stupid levels.

Kits/Badges/Stadia – List those of the biggest clubs (Real/Barca/Man Utd etc). Most will still only sell for 200 coins, after a few attempts, but there are a few exceptions. Even some bronze badges (Salford City mainly) will sell.

Balls – General rule, if it looks cool, list it on the transfer market (200 again) and it may sell eventually. Also “classic” balls always sell – ie anything like a traditional white ball with black circles/hexagons on it.

Managers – I tend to keep at least one or two managers for most leagues/nationalities in case you get an objective to use players from a certain league. Most managers won’t sell anyway (so just quick sell), except for French and Brazilians. Use your spare Manager League Items here – so a bronze French manager set to Ligue 1 might only sell for 200 coins, but converting it to EPL/MLS etc might get you 1000 coins, at the right time. I also keep Swedish managers, as if Ibra gets a decent SBC their price will skyrocket (though don’t go to the extent of wasting Transfer List space on them).

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Anyone had issues on the companion app? It’s asked me to verify I’m not a bot, and had something unclear in the circle that you’ve to piss around with to make the right way up which is impossible, another joke. Use the app a lot of trading n sbcs so want it fixed emoji23.png

Be careful with that.  Not solving it will likely make the automated systems think you're a bot.

If you get the circle with hunners of images in it, try and focus on the top one and get that the right way up.  That seems to be the one it cares about.  Agree though, the lack of attention to detail when it comes to that stuff is pathetic.

1 hour ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Anyone had issues on the companion app? It’s asked me to verify I’m not a bot, and had something unclear in the circle that you’ve to piss around with to make the right way up which is impossible, another joke. Use the app a lot of trading n sbcs so want it fixed emoji23.png

It's just a horrendous Captcha system to prove you're human. If you can make out what is at the front, get that as the right way up.

You're not the only one 

Got the Vardy card done with my only real sacrifice being Hummels standard card which was fine as I have his TOW version. He'll be a good sub for me and should be able to start if needed due to Sancho and Ozil providing chemistry links.