FIFA 20

TheGoon

11 hours ago, Wardy said:

Cannot win a penalty shootout to save myself. That’s 3 this weekend so far...

I love getting penalties against me, and feel like I save the vast majority, but penalty shootouts are still awful.  For single penalties, I can usually tell exactly what someone is going to do by the sort of player they are.  If their head moves noticeably one way and stays there, they're very, very likely to be putting it in the opposite corner.  If they immediately start their run-up, they're very likely going to be putting it straight at you.  If they're a complete dick, same goes.  It's probably going straight down the middle.  Even outside of those, I seem to choose the right direction fairly often.

Shootouts though....jeeeeeesus.  Not sure if it's just them having 5 chances to whoosh me, or just that I also have to take them, but I'm very, very unsuccesfful from them.To the point that when it gets late in extra-time, I've often thought of just conceding and getting the time back.

14 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I managed to get the Friendlies Jumbo rare players pack, fairly easy as me and my son took turns in quitting matches. I got TOTW Moments Sarbia (Win) he got  Casillas (Big L)

How does that work? tried it on single player scored and quit 11 minutes in but it doesn't register that I've scored . Do I need to play so many minutes? Or does it need to be online or 2 players?

Douglas Costa in my third party bag SBC. Not bad. 

He is absolutely superb. However his shooting is up there with the worst I’ve used.

I played 41212 wide this weekend and he is perfect in that formation as far away from goal as possible. He is better than Neymar for me, except finishing.

55 minutes ago, thomas said:

How does that work? tried it on single player scored and quit 11 minutes in but it doesn't register that I've scored . Do I need to play so many minutes? Or does it need to be online or 2 players?

You can't forfeit yourself otherwise it doesn't register. The way we did it was start up an online friendlies game, complete objective for type of game (e.g. score a goal in mystery ball), the person that is losing has to pause then forfeit. The repeat for all tasks. It look less than an hour, if you do it legitimately you need to play 21 games and even rushing through would take around 5 hours!

1 hour ago, thomas said:

You can do it on any of the friendly ways.  Options seem to be

1. Add someone who wants to scum the objectives as a friend, then trade wins back and forth.  One person scores/assists then the other forfeits, then swap around for 42 games until you're all complete
  2. Play all 21 games online like a fucking masochist
  3. Play all 21 against the AI

I'm doing option 3 currently.  AI set to Beginner level.  Start the game, score/assist, then park the ball with one of my players and the AI dance around doing nothing.  Sitting using remote play on my phone while I work, 30 seconds of effort every 15 mins or so.  It's tedious, but it's far better than option 2, and it hopefully won't lead to EA completely abandoning things like this if you use option 1 (like they did with Politano).

9 minutes ago, forameus said:

1. Add someone who wants to scum the objectives as a friend, then trade wins back and forth.  One person scores/assists then the other forfeits, then swap around for 42 games until you're all complete

I'm doing option 3 currently.  AI set to Beginner level.  Start the game, score/assist, then park the ball with one of my players and the AI dance around doing nothing.  Sitting using remote play on my phone while I work, 30 seconds of effort every 15 mins or so.  It's tedious, but it's far better than option 2, and it hopefully won't lead to EA completely abandoning things like this if you use option 1 (like they did with Politano).

How do you remote play on the phone? Could do that while watching tv.

23 minutes ago, thomas said:

How do you remote play on the phone? Could do that while watching tv.

There's an app for PS4.  It's a bit of a ballache to setup, and it's often a bit temperamental, and don't expect a brilliant connection, but it works for this kind of stuff, and for doing anything outside of actually playing a proper match.

Think you need to setup the console, there's a menu in settings.  You can then leave it in rest mode and the phone will wake it up.

45 minutes ago, forameus said:

How do you set the AI level to beginner? I can’t see that option when I go into friendlies..

Edited by Wardy

5 minutes ago, Wardy said:

How do you set the AI level to beginner? I can’t see that option when I go into friendlies..

I missed it at first, it's not obvious  (I shouldn't be surprised).  When you're choosing what mode you're in - survival/king of the hill etc) press L2.  Then change the difficulty in the menu that comes up.  Why change the way you do difficulty on all other AI things in FUT?  Who knows!

I played all 21 games online like a fucking masochist and my reward was an untradable Rakitic. Could have cried.

Seen folk on twitter saying there's another one of those party bag SBCs incoming but it includes Future Stars in it... Doing that might completely drain my club but very tempted to give it a bash. 

Edit: just realised those tweets are a day old and that SBC is active 😅

Edited by Dave

50 minutes ago, forameus said:

I missed it at first, it's not obvious  (I shouldn't be surprised).  When you're choosing what mode you're in - survival/king of the hill etc) press L2.  Then change the difficulty in the menu that comes up.  Why change the way you do difficulty on all other AI things in FUT?  Who knows!

Yeah I always wondered why friendlies against the AI didn’t have difficulty. That makes the slog this week to get them a bit more easier. Still cannae be arsed but for 100k pack kind of have to dont you? Haha 

52 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yeah I always wondered why friendlies against the AI didn’t have difficulty. That makes the slog this week to get them a bit more easier. Still cannae be arsed but for 100k pack kind of have to dont you? Haha 

Yeah, my thinking too.  If it was a Rare Players Pack or something, I'd probably sack it off.  But it is a 100k pack, and I don't really have to do anything for it.  It's a just about acceptable bit of shithousery from EA.

58 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Finally completed the UCL icon swaps, what a slog. Last win against a the rangers fan, nipping in to steal the ball while he was fannying around at the back. 

Pleasing.

That's the one set I still have left to go, and I'm fully expecting to lose my shit doing it.  Not being first owner is a plus though - may set 100k or so aside to really kit out my team and use players I wouldn't usually

It’s actually embarrassing the people you play in this game. No personality to anyone’s play and every single game in rivals you just come up against another w****r playing one depth drop back who’s only tactic is to play it down the wing and cut back. 

I might honestly be about to change my opinion and say ‘19 was a far better game than this bullshit.