FIFA 20

TheGoon

I’m going for that Zambrotta in the swaps and that’ll be it. Carlos still plays every game for me at left back so hopefully he is the same on the other side. 

Just need the English one from Rivals and then two of the squad battles ones for this round. 

I’m going for that Zambrotta in the swaps and that’ll be it. Carlos still plays every game for me at left back so hopefully he is the same on the other side. 
Just need the English one from Rivals and then two of the squad battles ones for this round. 
Zambrotta is the only one that really appeals to me as well. May also go for a Koeman or a Van Der Sar so I can shoehorn VVD into my team but I'm still undecided.

Started trying to do icon objectives but forgot how much of a slog it could be for a below average player, now looking at my squad and wondering if it's worth it. I find the icons handy as they help linking chemistry but I don't think at this point any if them add much to my squad that's worth the grind. 

Screenshot_20191230-192841_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-192850_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-192845_Companion.jpg

5 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Any ideas how I can go about getting the 15 goals in online friendlies objective when I can never get matched in a game? I don’t have any mates playing it on PS4 so can’t see how to complete it for the Rousillon card.

Try Mystery Ball, I always seem to score loads in that mode. Even if you get beat the score is usally 12-18 or something like that.

Edited by mrpaddyx

Anybody tried a lot of the more expensive wingers and can point me in the right direction. First time I have had about a million coins to spend on one player and wondering who's the best for that price. I'm swaying towards Messi for like 850k or whatever.

5 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Any ideas how I can go about getting the 15 goals in online friendlies objective when I can never get matched in a game? I don’t have any mates playing it on PS4 so can’t see how to complete it for the Rousillon card.

Agreed with the above, mystery ball is usually a goal fest. If you're have trouble getting matched to a game have look for and other friendly game mode that are needed in objectives. I got the 15 goals in one game on max chemistry as one of the daily challenges was to score 1 goal in that mode, I did get lucky as the guy scored and them just let me score as many as I wanted so I stopped at 20 to play it safe but not be a dick.

Anybody tried a lot of the more expensive wingers and can point me in the right direction. First time I have had about a million coins to spend on one player and wondering who's the best for that price. I'm swaying towards Messi for like 850k or whatever.
Messi would be the obvious choice but the Dembele RTTF card looks ridiculously good and will be upgraded at some point I'd imagine. There is also the icon route, most notably Garrincha and Best could be purchased for that sort of coinage.

If you are struggling to figure out who to go for then check futbin.com, it gives you all the stats, prices and allows you to compare players.

Messi or Neymar. I prefer Neymar this year I think him and Mbappe partnership is as good as it gets

Had time that weekend so got to 14 wins with this team fairly easily. Not sure whether to do the Mane POTM card to upgrade him or to buy the hero Firminho card.
My clubs pretty stacked for TOTY so I’ll be rattling through league SBC’s shortly as well to start saving packs for it, probably start saving rivals and WL rewards as well

IMG_0217.jpg

Messi would be the obvious choice but the Dembele RTTF card looks ridiculously good and will be upgraded at some point I'd imagine. There is also the icon route, most notably Garrincha and Best could be purchased for that sort of coinage.

If you are struggling to figure out who to go for then check futbin.com, it gives you all the stats, prices and allows you to compare players.
That's who I'm swithering over, Messi Garincha or Best. Has anyone tried all of them ?

To answer to other poster. I've tried Neymar, just not a fan.

What is the fucking point in this game for anyone new to it? I got it a couple of days ago and have just tried to start playing Rivals to get ranked, my squad is rated 80 because I've been doing SBC and getting nothing from packs. First two placement games I am up against 89 and 91 rated squads and get absolutely fucking destroyed. Why can't it match you up against similar rated squads to at least make it a little bit fair. Put me right off playing this online now, no point just getting shagged every game and being totally unable to complete any objectives to unlock new players/packs. 

What is the fucking point in this game for anyone new to it? I got it a couple of days ago and have just tried to start playing Rivals to get ranked, my squad is rated 80 because I've been doing SBC and getting nothing from packs. First two placement games I am up against 89 and 91 rated squads and get absolutely fucking destroyed. Why can't it match you up against similar rated squads to at least make it a little bit fair. Put me right off playing this online now, no point just getting shagged every game and being totally unable to complete any objectives to unlock new players/packs. 

In previous years it wasn’t as bad as this but in FIFA 20 you get players purposely relegating themselves to complete some of the season objectives and milestone objectives. The addition of seasons is actually quite good but as always people find a way to exploit it to try and ‘win’. Personally I can’t understand why someone wants to do it, I just want to play and see where it takes me but this year has been tough because of this.

I’ve always thought that matchmaking should reflect your squad. So, if for example I want to make a Scottish silver team I would get matched against others with a silver team.

Edit - I suppose the other unfortunate thing might be that some people who do relegate themselves will also know that lots of people will have only just started playing and will therefore be in a lower league.

I would much rather it was based on skill rather than squad strength. It would just be constant 1st Division level people using low rated squads. Matchmaking based on both would be good but ain't happening anytime soon.

ETA anyone who starts playing at Xmas and doesn't want to put money into it will get hammered most of time. I'd say this is the same every FIFA. By Christmas everyone has their team and are starting to play it less.

I still would like a silver v silver or bronze v bronze matchmaking system. I liked the daily tournaments when they asked for requirements like that, and I always try and mix it up later in the game with silver or bronze squads. Unfortunately in this one you would get hammered because of this relegation on purpose trend. At least in previous games it would still be roughly on a skill based level of sorts because people wanted to move up the divisions. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

In previous years it wasn’t as bad as this but in FIFA 20 you get players purposely relegating themselves to complete some of the season objectives and milestone objectives. The addition of seasons is actually quite good but as always people find a way to exploit it to try and ‘win’. Personally I can’t understand why someone wants to do it, I just want to play and see where it takes me but this year has been tough because of this.

I’ve always thought that matchmaking should reflect your squad. So, if for example I want to make a Scottish silver team I would get matched against others with a silver team.

Edit - I suppose the other unfortunate thing might be that some people who do relegate themselves will also know that lots of people will have only just started playing and will therefore be in a lower league.

I don't understand the getting relegated on purpose to complete objectives quicker, does it not just end up taking just as long to go through the games constantly losing? Then you aren't guaranteed easy games if other people are trying this tactic.

21 minutes ago, thomas said:

I don't understand the getting relegated on purpose to complete objectives quicker, does it not just end up taking just as long to go through the games constantly losing? Then you aren't guaranteed easy games if other people are trying this tactic.

Exactly. It seems like it is a hive mind mentality and once a few started to do it then everyone else joined in, it also didn't help that some YouTube videos of people doing it started to appear. I haven't bothered with Icon swaps so I only do a few of the other ones for XP and I enjoy mixing my teams up but would not want to get relegated on purpose, partly because I still look at my overall record and like to keep the numbers respectable (plus I'm far too competitive). 

You can just quit games though and cut down on the time it takes for being relegated. Again, I personally don't know why people would do it.