Euro 2020 tickets

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Even the graphs you've shown there contradict the points you made in the original post - the number of ICU admissions is decreasing, and the percentage positive is also decreasing. Therefore the statements "ICU admissions haven't fallen in almost a month" and "neither has the...percentage positive" are completely false.

The falls are trivial. We keep falling at that rate we'll still be in lockdown in July - or, more likely, we'll run into a third wave.

FWIW, ICU admissions haven't fallen in almost a month, and neither has the number of cases or the percentage positive. It has to be worrying that the rate of infection isn't falling over a prolonged period during a proper lockdown.
June still a long way away and I hope you're right, but I'm much less optimistic than I was a month ago.

ICU numbers are massively down in the last month. That to me suggests that either admissions are down or discharges from ICU are massively up and given death rates are down that would be a positive.
On 28th February the numbers in ICU were 78 and 31 long stay patients ie those in ICU for more than 28 days. The equivalent figures for 31st March are 21 and 17.
According to Travelling Tabby the 7 day average for ICU admissions on 28th February was already at the relatively low level  of 6 and has been less than 3 since the 20th March. To give this some context the 7 day average at the end of January was 11. That's a significant fall in 2 months. There is very likely to be a residual level of Covid going forward but with effective vaccination there's no rational reason to think we aren't making huge progress. The levels of positive infection as a percentage of tests done remains reassuring especially given the continued success of vaccination.
Edit to add I’m assuming you are talking about Scottish figures. Apologies in advance if not.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

The falls are trivial. We keep falling at that rate we'll still be in lockdown in July - or, more likely, we'll run into a third wave.

I've been trying my best to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but yet again this isn't remotely what any sensible reading of these figures would tell you.

Someone should tell the Scottish government we'll still be in lockdown in July because they don't seem to agree with your very special interpretation.

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

Impressive that your takes get more moronic as the thread goes on. 

13 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Why would UEFA do that when they have already oversold the games? Surely it makes more sense from their perspective to piss off as few people who already have tickets as possible. 

Because they will, the SFA will be expecting an allocation of some sort from Uefa and they will get it if fans are allowed. 

For each game they will have not sold 30% of the capacity to give fans from each country 15%.

These will be in the tickets behind the goals at each game.

The issue UEFA will have may be the number of category A and B tickets they need to refund as if Hampden was at 50% capacity , I am imagining that that would be over all areas and they cannot just have it like a Hibs v Dundee United cup semi final with 25,000 mostly at the sides and two empty ends.

Thus a lot of those who paid the top two price bands may either have to be reallocated or money returned and those in the low cost seats should get in.

The key will be the percentage they allow in any section.

1 hour ago, the tactician said:

Because they will, the SFA will be expecting an allocation of some sort from Uefa and they will get it if fans are allowed. 

There is a pandemic on. What the SFA would be expecting in normal times is irrelevant. 

My worry for the atmosphere at the games could be they just reject all the lower priced tickets and just have the corporate tickets spread out.

Zero atmosphere at any games.

With no travelling fans some of the games will be so quiet. 

20 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I've been trying my best to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but yet again this isn't remotely what any sensible reading of these figures would tell you.

Someone should tell the Scottish government we'll still be in lockdown in July because they don't seem to agree with your very special interpretation.

You're denying the trajectory of the figures on cases, test positivity and ICU admissions over the past 5 weeks because it suits your argument to do so.

It's falling, but very slowly. We're not in a good place yet.

4 hours ago, realmadrid said:

My worry for the atmosphere at the games could be they just reject all the lower priced tickets and just have the corporate tickets spread out.

Zero atmosphere at any games.

With no travelling fans some of the games will be so quiet. 

I'm not sure they could charge hospitality/ band A prices for band C seats, so I think it's more likely they will thin out all the areas (apart from hospitality, where they'll still be aiming for 100%). 

You're denying the trajectory of the figures on cases, test positivity and ICU admissions over the past 5 weeks because it suits your argument to do so.
Over the last five weeks cases have dropped by 41%, positivity has dropped by 48%, and ICU admissions by 58%. The Euros are ten weeks away. tapatalk_1597965235269.jpeg

Genuinely baffled about what trajectory you're talking about here, because everyone else can see a very sharp downward trajectory on everything but cases, which are naturally falling a bit more slowly.

Are you looking at different figures from everyone else, including the Scottish government?

Talk over 3000 Scotland fans at Wembley. 
Wonder if there will be fan zones as there is likely to be thousands of traveling supporters regardless of tickets.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

How is this likely to work allocation wise. How many tickets have UEFA sold for the Hampden games and what will happen to those ?

If say 12k allowed would even that cover what has already been sold via initial UEFA sales ???

The allocation will be taken from the tickets they have already sold. Assuming that the only unsold tickets are allocations for each national association, then the tickets already sold will more than fill the limited capacity that is realistically going to be allowed. 

Despite what SSC members who dont yet have tickets will tell you, UEFA dont care who sits in the seats. They are not going to re-sell tickets they have already sold. 

‘We've recieved a communication from FSE this evening.

Several of you will have noticed that the UEFA return portal has opened up. We would recommend you NOT to encourage fans and members to ask for a refund until later this week, where "fuller information" may be known

Posted by the ATAC.