Euro 2020 tickets

6 minutes ago, true_rover said:
43 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
While those in the SSC who go to every home and away game miss out. What’s the point of being SSC member if you’re not being awarded?

UEFA aren't going to put in a specific policy just for Scotland and their supporters club.

It should be left to the respective host FA's to determine how tickets are distributed.  

48 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It should be left to the respective host FA's to determine how tickets are distributed.  

It's UEFA's tournament, not the host FAs' tournament. In normal circumstances, The SFA would have been allocated exactly the same number of tickets as Czech Republic and Croatia for our matches at Hampden (and the same number as England for the game at Wembley).

Yeah, got to say that although it's really, really shit for those that would have gotten some via SSC, this is obviously unique circumstances, and UEFA won't give the shiniest shit about individual associations.  Should they somehow manage to miraculously do full stadiums, I expect they'll be happy to give out the allocations.  But they're not going to give up any of the limited seating given it's looking like at least half.

I kind of expected it to go that way. I've got tickets to both Scotland games and the first knock out stage at Hampden. Hopefully I'll get at least a couple of them.

I understand that in normal circumstances most people with a lot of points in the SSC would have been guaranteed tickets but I still don't see why you wouldnt enter the UEFA ballot anyway. I was in the SSC but still applied as I'd rather confirm my tickets sooner than later.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's UEFA's tournament, not the host FAs' tournament. In normal circumstances, The SFA would have been allocated exactly the same number of tickets as Czech Republic and Croatia for our matches at Hampden (and the same number as England for the game at Wembley).

You're right but just because the travelling fans won't have their allocation shouldn't result in the SFA (for FA in their case) not getting the same proportionate percentage of the grounds capacity as before. 

50 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, got to say that although it's really, really shit for those that would have gotten some via SSC, this is obviously unique circumstances, and UEFA won't give the shiniest shit about individual associations.  Should they somehow manage to miraculously do full stadiums, I expect they'll be happy to give out the allocations.  But they're not going to give up any of the limited seating given it's looking like at least half.

I applied through the Uefa website before and got no tickets. Anyone over 8 points at least would have been guaranteed a ticket for each games if it was normal circumstances. 

A day tripper who has never been to a Scotland game before who has a ticket for any of the games will get to go. While those who travel to Kazakhstan away or whatever will miss out seems a bit unfair. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

I kind of expected it to go that way. I've got tickets to both Scotland games and the first knock out stage at Hampden. Hopefully I'll get at least a couple of them.
I understand that in normal circumstances most people with a lot of points in the SSC would have been guaranteed tickets but I still don't see why you wouldnt enter the UEFA ballot anyway. I was in the SSC but still applied as I'd rather confirm my tickets sooner than later.
"I don't understand how people didn't anticipate a pandemic to delay Euro 2020, then forced stadiums to cut their allocated tickets by at least half - probably more - and now might result in participating FAs getting no allocation for the first time in God knows how long."

10 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I applied through the Uefa website before and got no tickets. Anyone over 8 points at least would have been guaranteed a ticket for each games if it was normal circumstances. 

A day tripper who has never been to a Scotland game before who has a ticket for any of the games will get to go. While those who travel to Kazakhstan away or whatever will miss out seems a bit unfair. 

I completely agree.  It is really, really unfair.  Just saying that I don't think UEFA give a shit about that unfortunately.

One small crumb of hope in it though, is that I expect a fair whack of people who did get tickets were doing so because they were gambling on Scotland being involved.  I'm su re there's plenty of day trippers, but there'll be a lot of those that would've got through SSC too.  Not that that's going to much comfort for you.

I'm on 17 points and didn't bother with the ballots as I was going to get tickets through the SSC. Raging.

If tickets are getting taken away from those in the uefa ballot I would guess they would start with any ticket holders that live overseas from the hosting venue. Maybe that’s wishful thinking and might require too much common sense.

If all the tartan army folk on plenty points miss out that’s a real shame and a real sore one.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:
3 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

"I don't understand how people didn't anticipate a pandemic to delay Euro 2020, then forced stadiums to cut their allocated tickets by at least half - probably more - and now might result in participating FAs getting no allocation for the first time in God knows how long."

Yup, that's exactly what I said. Not, for example, getting your tickets confirmed early to avoid a scramble later. Or, as I did, getting your tickets early then letting your SSC membership lapse and saving money that way.

If I had the chance to see Scotland at a major tournament I was going to take every opportunity to get tickets.

Clearly I have a lot of sympathy for anyone who will miss out, which includes people who currently have tickets, but there's no ideal solution here. 

ETA: To be fair, my mindset was probably different as I don't do away games so points would have been tighter. Obviously some people would have been absolutely guaranteed in normal circumstances. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The UEFA applications reopened after the initial ballot and anyone who'd missed out could simply go and buy tickets on a first come, first serve basis.  If I recall correctly, there were tickets for all Hampden games still available at that point.

I'm not saying that makes it any more fair obviously. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Got my tickets in the summer of 2019 on the initial ballot  without really feeling that confident Scotland would qualify. Would be raging if they just started tickets from scratch and someone could just pick them up and very possibly auction off and make a tonne. 

Hopefully the amount of Scottish based fans from initial ballot is at a number that mean not many would miss out. 

19 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

You're right but just because the travelling fans won't have their allocation shouldn't result in the SFA (for FA in their case) not getting the same proportionate percentage of the grounds capacity as before. 

It sounds like they have already sold more tickets than there are going to be seats available and are going to have to refund people as it is. I don't see why they'd want the extra complication of refunding even more people just so that the same tickets can be resold. There's nothing in that for them at all.

The SFA (and SSC members) are never guaranteed any tickets for any games which they don't organise.

It sounds like they have already sold more tickets than there are going to be seats available and are going to have to refund people as it is. I don't see why they'd want the extra complication of refunding even more people just so that the same tickets can be resold. There's nothing in that for them at all.
The SFA (and SSC members) are never guaranteed any tickets for any games which they don't organise.
UEFA aren't gonna shag you bro.

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You're right - I'm not doubting that. That's not say the whole thing doesn't stink.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Pretty sure all qualifying associations are guaranteed at least 15% of available capacities for matches they are involved in.

Regarding refunding some or all, with the timescale available refunding all and starting again is far less complex. Travel restrictions and quarantine rules etc means some who retain their tickets may not be able to attend, and would need to be refunded anyway with no time for Uefa to resell the ticket (bear in mind their portal is the only legal resale method)

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/scotland-supporters-club-membership/ssc-faqs/
Says here about Euro 2020.
  • Priority access to UEFA Euro 2020 tickets, should Scotland qualify
An article from before anyone had ever heard of Covid-19 and, even then, SSC members will still get priority access to any tickets the SFA can sell - unfortunately that number will likely be zero.