Gender Self-ID

ForzaDundee

6 minutes ago, Kuro said:

They make it so you can just decide you're female and that's it you're legally female, without the need for any involvement from.any health professional or any supporting documentation. 

You can even change day to day if you're gender fluid. 

Making it illegal.for anyone to block access to any female only space to anyone who simply says they're female.  And making anyone who objects to that a transphobe and liable to criminal prosecution and dismissal from their job.  You have no idea what you're supporting.

Sexual harassment and flashing is illegal full stop, whoever's doing it. That's not going to change.

Edited by welshbairn

The proposed changes to the law just make the process of changing your registered gender less cumbersome and bureaucratic. If trans people were going to suddenly spread fear across the land by waving their willies at women everywhere they'd already be doing it, and the papers would be full of it. Instead all you get is Bath boy RTing some fucked up American alt right anti feminist incel and trying to frighten everyone into thinking that's what your average trans person is like.
Well no he's not, he's pointing out that there is a difference between a genuinely trans person who needs all the support and protection that society can offer and a bearded pervert.

If people would stop quoting them, that'd be just swell.  

Yeah, I mean Baxter is doing what he done last time where he insinuates that trans women are delusional men and Pep is clearly three kids stacked in a trench coat so it’s a waste of energy.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sexual harassment and flashing is illegal full stop, whoever's doing it. That's not going to change.

How do you prove it in a changing room with one person's word against the other?

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The proposed changes to the law just make the process of changing your registered gender less cumbersome and bureaucratic. If trans people were going to suddenly spread fear across the land by waving their willies at women everywhere they'd already be doing it, and the papers would be full of it. Instead all you get is Bath boy RTing some fucked up American alt right anti feminist incel and trying to frighten everyone into thinking that's what your average trans person is like.

But how can they already be doing it?  Where would that happen?  This law changes that, that's the point.  And he's actually rting feminists from the UK.

Yeah, I mean Baxter is doing what he done last time where he insinuates that trans women are delusional men and Pep is clearly three kids stacked in a trench coat so it’s a waste of energy.
f**k that shit, I'm deliberately and carefully making the distinction between trans people and perverts. Part of the problem is the smearing of anybody that raises the slightest question with the issue in order to shut down debate.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The law does not change access rules.

Yes it does, are you on the windup?  This is why we're discussing this, the new law allows any man in the world to simply say 'I'm female' and they can walk right in.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Yes it does, are you on the windup?  This is why we're discussing this, the new law allows any man in the world to simply say 'I'm female' and they can walk right in.

You really need to watch Mhairi Blacks speech on page one of this thread. I obviously can't compete with Bathboy's paranoid propaganda, maybe she can. I'm out.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You really need to watch Mhairi Blacks speech on page one of this thread. I obviously can't compete with Bathboy's paranoid propaganda, maybe she can.

You really need to read the law you're defending.  I saw her speech at the time.

We as in you and Wings presumably. Strange that while you go apoplectic when anyone ever offers any mild criticism of the SNP, as soon as Bathboy disagrees with them you're out with the SNPbad hysteria with a pitchfork.

We as in you and Wings presumably. Strange that while you go apoplectic when anyone ever offers any mild criticism of the SNP, as soon as Bathboy disagrees with them you're out with the SNPbad hysteria with a pitchfork.

Interesting, as soon as you run out of answers you attack the poster.

What point do you think you're making here?