Gender Self-ID

ForzaDundee

BaxterParp literally just copies and pastes stuff from other sites without any actual insight. I'm calling bot. 

The pearl clutching "but won't somebody please think of the children!" brigade and their argument about demented perverts claiming to be women just to gain access to toilets and changing rooms doesn't seem to acknowledge that the only thing currently preventing demented perverts from gaining access to toilets and changing rooms is, erm, little plastic signs on the doors

10 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I suggest a hairy plumber declaring himself female and invading the local Top Shop changing rooms is a bad idea. That is all.  Please do explain how that is acceptable and indeed preferable.

If that was going to happen after simplifying the process of gender certification, it would already be a common occurrence. It isn't. If it did and the plumber was bothering people, they would be thrown out, like anyone else of whatever sex or gender. No idea why this worries you so much. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What interests me is why so many SNP/Independence white men have taken against the SNP on this matter. I really don’t get why this is the issue which threatens to “derail the movement”.

It is very fashionable to trot out this "white men" line these days but I don't understand why anyone would single-out white men for anti-LGBT stuff when brown people are many, many times more anti-LGBT.

Also it seems to be female feminists who are most aggrieved by this. The high-profile rift in the SNP is between prominent female MPs and the Scot Govt.

It is very fashionable to trot out this "white men" line these days but I don't understand why anyone would single-out white men for anti-LGBT stuff when brown people are many, many times more anti-LGBT.

Also it seems to be female feminists who are most aggrieved by this. The high-profile rift in the SNP is between prominent female MPs and the Scot Govt.

Because we’re on Pie and Bovril, where 99% of posters are white men. That’s why.

Edit: and because Twitter has a vast sex imbalance, and because the vocal element on there who are most up-in-arms are the white male followers of a strange little white man from bath.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

My theory is Stuart Campbell has a deep psychological need to have something to struggle against and took up trans stuff during a quiet spell on the independence front, and the elements of the SNP who have taken it up are the ones who still haven't blocked him on twitter.

My theory is he hasn't the bottle to put on some lippy and a dress for a night out in Bath and he's jealous of those born with his sex who have. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Because we’re on Pie and Bovril, where 99% of posters are white men. That’s why.

Well I'll be a Native American female when racial and gender self-ID is possible.

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

BaxterParp literally just copies and pastes stuff from other sites without any actual insight. I'm calling bot. 

The pearl clutching "but won't somebody please think of the children!" brigade and their argument about demented perverts claiming to be women just to gain access to toilets and changing rooms doesn't seem to acknowledge that the only thing currently preventing demented perverts from gaining access to toilets and changing rooms is, erm, little plastic signs on the doors

I've been posting here for donkeys you fucking dolt. Are you really saying that the only thing stopping men from going into the female toilets, changing rooms, whatever is the signs on the doors? Utter bullshit, if a man appeared in a female dressing room., toilet, they would be told by whoever was in there, in no uncertain terms, that they had to leave.  If, however, self declaration was the rule and a self-declared man invaded a female safe space,  that man could obviously take advantage.

My theory is he hasn't the bottle to put on some lippy and a dress for a night out in Bath and he's jealous of those born with his sex who have. 

There’s that, or the chance that he’s fallen foul of Thailand’s less salubrious back streets at least once in his life.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If that was going to happen after simplifying the process of gender certification, it would already be a common occurrence. 

Do things have to be common before they're unacceptable? If gender certification is simple, why is self-id required?

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Aye sure.

Bigoted cis lesbians refuse to suck my feminine cock!

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/16086057-bigoted-cis-lesbians-refuse-to-suck-my-feminine-cock!

We're in unicorn land, I'm afraid.

If that's where you're getting your data from, no wonder you're a bit fucked up about this stuff.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

"@beneboy303
It is about women's spaces, I used to work with disabled people, many of them had limited communication & it is vital to them that they get a person of the appropriate sex to manage their intimate care. Self-ID would make that impossible to enforce, further eroding their rights."

This is about rights, right enough.

I don't really understand this. Can you talk me through what effect the new ruling will have?

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I suggest a hairy plumber declaring himself female and invading the local Top Shop changing rooms is a bad idea. That is all.  Please do explain how that is acceptable and indeed preferable.

You are a transphobe hth

Who will stop a self declared person from  going into a safe space if the law allows it? 

There tends to be some kind of referral, some kind of evidence that people are in need of refuge. Its not all self disclosed ‘oh i need refuge im a girl you have to house me’. These organisations operate at huge expense and dont just take people in on a whim. Usually its a referral from a social worker/police/support worker or health.
I work in criminal justice and genuinely have never encountered a trans person asking to enter a womens refuge just because they identify as female and see it as expressing a right etc, these people are also fleeing violence, abuse etc and deserve to be looked after.
If someone tells me they’re a girl or a guy and me treating them as such makes them feel better then whats the harm?

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It is.

I’m inclined to believe that there’s an ulterior motive at play from the protestations, but I’m really hard pressed to name what it is.

Preventing duplicitous men isn’t a good enough motive.

Those protestations. Up to no good as usual