World Cup Final - USA v Netherlands

TheScarf

Thoughts? I'm going for 2-0 to the States. 

They'll just do that thing they do and score early on then soak up Dutch pressure and hit them with a second late on. 

How many times will Pearce mention (a) England and (b) 1966 during the 90/120 minutes ??

I'll go for (a) 4 and (b) 1...............................................then in the second half ..............................................

Being realistic, I have to admit that the Americans would beat us 9 out of 10 times and I'd just need to hope this is the 10th tie.

But I'm a football fan so by definition not realistic. So I'm confident that we'll win. 😛 

I never thought I’d be cheering on a US team for anything, but I will be today.

I’d like Rapinoe to score a hattrick then to lift up her shirt to reveal a message on a t-shirt below:

‘F*ck off Trump’.

How many times will Pearce mention (a) England and (b) 1966 during the 90/120 minutes ??

I'll go for (a) 4 and (b) 1...............................................then in the second half ..............................................
That will just be the number of times between then anthems finishing and kick off

I stuck a fiver on the Netherlands pre-tournament at 16/1 so will obviously be cheering them on, but USA are clear favourites.

Hopefully their tactic of completing dominating a match until they go in front, before needlessly sitting back will backfire on them this time.

Just now, Kejan said:

Pearce "The Dutch must contain the US within the first fifteen minutes."

It's not like they are the European Champions for nothing ya fat slaver.

Yes, but we’ll have forgotten how the game works now that England are out.....

21 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

We've just had a Dutch lady commentator giving insight on the Netherlands players. One of them 'has played in sex matches...sorry six matches.'

Hee hee hee.

The Yanks are giving it the Wimbledon at the moment but it doesn't really work when there no teammates within 40 yards of Morgan. 

Guest Flash

Can see this being 0-0. Dutch defence looks decent, but their forwards don’t. That Beerensteyn looks particularly poor.

Cue 4-4 with a hat-trick for Beerensteyn.