Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Why do they still have a club licence and SFA membership if they can't play a home game in Fort William given they had to play an entire season away from home in the Highland League not so long ago?

But but but Claggan Paris was perfectly playable for the play off.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

How bizarre.

If it gets the nod from SFA then I'd imagine that the majority of our fans will vote with their feet and stay away. Hopefully we can go and do a professional job, get a win and draw a team that takes the competition seriously in Round 1. 

On 15/08/2023 at 22:23, BANKIEBILL said:

If it gets the nod from SFA then I'd imagine that the majority of our fans will vote with their feet and stay away. Hopefully we can go and do a professional job, get a win and draw a team that takes the competition seriously in Round 1. 

Fort William's side of the story, sounds like Clydebank turned down every suggestion for getting the game played at Claggan Park, including playing it on the Sunday.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish/6056116/closer-club-denied-fort-william-chance-to-host-scottish-cup-tie-before-golspie-switch/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Fort William's side of the story, sounds like Clydebank turned down every suggestion for getting the game played at Claggan Park, including playing it on the Sunday.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish/6056116/closer-club-denied-fort-william-chance-to-host-scottish-cup-tie-before-golspie-switch/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

You'd think playing the game at 8pm I Fort William would be preferable to a 3pm kick off in Golspie. 

Surely there must be somewhere closer? Even a high school or somewhere. 

26 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

You'd think playing the game at 8pm I Fort William would be preferable to a 3pm kick off in Golspie. 

Surely there must be somewhere closer? Even a high school or somewhere. 

It has to be a licensed ground. Clydebank also refused Sunday afternoon and the Saturday before.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There there Bill, an early September evening at Claggan Park will be lovely. :rolleyes:

I'm  not there myself but I do hope everyone enjoys their trip and we can move on to Golspie away in the next round ( with apologies to Hawick ). 

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

I enjoyed my trip there last season (other than the last 60 minutes of the actual game)!

I'm in Wick at the moment for the Highland Amateur Cup Final tomorrow. Came up Wednesday for Clach away (less said the better) and booked up till Saturday in the forsaken hope that Clach reserves would make the final, but they got hammered by Avoch in the semi. Still looking forward to it though.