Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Presumably as they played table tennis with him last night. I assume they get tested in the morning, so negative yesterday morning positive this morning which means they have to isolate as they were in contact with him last night. 

Utter disaster. Heartbreaking.

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Is it? all i'm seeing is that there are no close contacts and that the rest of the squad are training as normal minus Gilmour.

Aye I just meant the Gilmour thing. Will have to wait and see, but if he was playing table tennis with them last night that could be dodgy. Indoors while breathing heavier than normal Covid has been known to be transmitted up to 12 metres away. 

My knowledge on COVD testing timescales/close contacts are pretty much nil but assuming the rest of the squad that have been in close contact with him lately (McGinn/Robertson as per table tennis'gate) have tested negative could that not suggest Gilmour's test is a false positive? Can they not just re-test him tomorrow and if he's negative just let him go about his daily busines? 

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

My knowledge on COVD testing timescales/close contacts are pretty much nil but assuming the rest of the squad that have been in close contact with him lately (McGinn/Robertson as per table tennis'gate) have tested negative could that not suggest Gilmour's test is a false positive? Can they not just re-test him tomorrow and if he's negative just let him go about his daily busines? 

It would have been a lateral flow test most likely, I assume they now will have sent a sample for a PCR test. Would be possible to get results by tomorrow but pushing it.  But I don't know as who is going to do the test, would you if someone had tested positive?  Normally they just isolate straight away. 

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

It would have been a lateral flow test most likely, I assume they now will have sent a sample for a PCR test. Would be possible to get results by tomorrow but pushing it.  But I don't know as who is going to do the test, would you if someone had tested positive?  Normally they just isolate straight away. 

If you get a positive LFT then my understanding is you must get a PCR test for it to be conclusive seen as the LFT's are notorious for being shite. We've surely not released confirmation he's positive without a PCR test having been done?  The fact it's now been confirmed the remaining 25 players, and entire England squad, are negative just seems rather odd.

After the initial hysteria, this could have been a hell of a lot worse. Shame for the kid but if it was Tierney, McGinn, Robertson or Adams who was positive then that would be us about done and dusted already. Fleck, Armstrong and Turnbull are all options to come in, albeit we may need to rejig the midfield slightly. I reckon I'd play Mcgregor in the deep role and have Turnbull and McGinn as the centre mids. 

The twice weekly routine testing will be PCR not LFT same as club routines.

53 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

After the initial hysteria, this could have been a hell of a lot worse. Shame for the kid but if it was Tierney, McGinn, Robertson or Adams who was positive then that would be us about done and dusted already. Fleck, Armstrong and Turnbull are all options to come in, albeit we may need to rejig the midfield slightly. I reckon I'd play Mcgregor in the deep role and have Turnbull and McGinn as the centre mids. 

Turnbull didn't make the bench for Friday night, be surprised to see him come straight into the starting eleven.