Billy Gilmour

Kuro

58 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

Norwich getting an absolute hiding from Chelsea. Maybe Billy Gilmour wasn’t the problem after all…

Their clownshoe manager who can't beat any team he doesn't have a financial advantage over, and completely bombed them out the EPL last time too, is their biggest issue.

On 18/10/2021 at 12:18, 2426255 said:

Do you think it was a biased summary to fit a one sided narrative? 

I put the podcast link up there so anyone can listen to it, get a fresh different perspective and help inform your opinion. So to all you that think I have an agenda maybe listen to it and think for yourself before jumping to conclusions about whether I am using it purely to promote a biased viewpoint. 

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/144313-gilmour/&do=findComment&comment=2597452

It's a bit like we went out to B&Q to buy a lawnmower and came home with a water feature, lovely addition  to any garden, but not what we needed to cut the grass.

At the moment  we need substance over style. That can come down the line , hard to build anything without decent foundations.  

Norwich fan on Gilmour

😂

Edited by 2426255

On 18/10/2021 at 16:49, 2426255 said:

Daniel Farke has to find a system to get the best out of the Norwich City team as a whole with or without Billy Gilmour and recently it's without Billy Gilmour. It's up to Gilmour to show the manager that he is the best midfielder at the club, take his chance and force his way back into that team.

He needs to overcome adversity. Now is not the time to speak about coming back, it's time to fight for his place and show what he can do and show that he can play a role. Of course nobody is obliged to let our players play but no coach in the world will leave the best players out. He needs to prove Norwich is a better team with him."

Thomas Tuchel, Chelsea v Norwich Pre match press conference (22/10/2021)

https://youtu.be/uoETEvpOsTI?t=568

I hope you maniacs are taking notes. Billy lost his place in the Norwich team, he has to earn it back and prove he has what it takes to stay in the team.

You can say the manager is a clown, but if Thomas Tuchel thought that (and he should know what Farke is like having worked together at Dortmund) he wouldn't have sent Gilmour to Norwich.

That's the bottom line, you can like it or lump it. It's up to Gilmour - sink or swim.

Edited by 2426255

Just now, 2426255 said:

The quote isn't attributed to yesterdays game, it's more about him as a signing overall. It's from the thread on the Norwich forum that Meldrew posted mate.

Meldrew, The guy who has watched 2 Scotland games in 25 years 

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Didn't think Billy Gilmour did well defensively on this clip, didn't anticipate the danger. The long ball isn't something we have faced a lot of, but it was dropped brilliantly in between our midfield and defence causing chaos.

Truly desperate stuff. 

Just now, Binos said:

Meldrew, The guy who has watched 2 Scotland games in 25 years 

Aye, well he just linked a forum thread on Billy Gilmour so it doesn't really matter how many games he has seen to manage that. It's the Norwich fans view of Gilmour which is the point and they aren't really more bothered about having him in the team than Todd Cantwell or Milot Rashica.

Just now, 2426255 said:

Aye, well he just linked a forum thread on Billy Gilmour so it doesn't really matter how many games he has seen to manage that. It's the Norwich fans view of Gilmour which is the point and they aren't really more bothered about having him in the team than Todd Cantwell or Milot Rashica.

It matters cause there was no real interest in Scotland,  or Gilmour, just in winding folk up

9 minutes ago, Binos said:

It matters cause there was no real interest in Scotland,  or Gilmour, just in winding folk up

Right well, regardless of the intent from Meldrew that thread isn't filled with Norwich fans desperate for Gilmour to be in the Norwich team. If he is so good then why is that? That's my question. Why has Farke dropped him? why has Tuchel told him to earn his place back? 

Look beyond your personal bias. It's worse with the guys from Ayrshire because he was raised in Ardrossan no doubt see him as one of their own. As if I'm slagging of their own son - eez-eh, No Problemo i'm looking at you two. 😄

Edited by 2426255

5 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Right well, regardless of the intent from Meldrew that thread isn't filled with Norwich fans desperate for Gilmour to be in the Norwich team. If he is so good then why is that? That's my question. 

And today ben gibson will be their scapegoat 

Gilmour has been quality for us and will continue to be 

Edited by Binos

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Norwich fan on Gilmour

😂

Aye, being hard to beat is working out really well for them at the minute right enough.

A few other Norwich fans opinions.

England reached euro finals, and Billy was instrumental in Scotland getting a draw out of that game - with most labelling him man of the match.

I think it's more telling of the team and system he plays in as to how effective he can be, rather than the level of opposition per se - he's already at least European stage level in the right mix

The kid is clearly class and is going places,

Gilmour is a great player, but he needs the protection around him in order to shine. At the moment he's being asked to be far more defensive than he normally is for his country, or Chelsea. It might come good, but in the current system it's not allowing him to play to his strengths.

You couldn't say that having read that thread there is a clamor from the Norwich City fans for Gilmour to be put back into the Norwich team, could you oneteaminglasgow? 

At the end of the day his performances for Norwich haven't been great, Daniel Farke dropped him out the team a month ago and Thomas Tuchel has said it's up to Billy Gilmour to prove he should be put back into the team. You can fill the rest in however you want.

5 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You couldn't say that having read that thread there is a clamor from the Norwich City fans for Gilmour to be put back into the Norwich team, could you oneteaminglasgow? 

At the end of the day his performances for Norwich haven't been great, Daniel Farke dropped him out the team a month ago and Thomas Tuchel has said it's up to Billy Gilmour to prove he should be put back into the team. You can fill the rest in however you want.

I’m merely pointing out that just picking one quote from a single Norwich fan means nothing.

In any case, fans are often clueless. I’d say the entire Thistle support wanted Zak Rudden hounded out the club half way through last season, and he’s now one of our most important players. 

And of course Thomas Tuchel said that. What else could he say? 

At the end of the day, his performances haven’t been great because he’s being asked to do a job that he shouldn’t be asked to do. Because he’s being managed by a guy well out of his depth. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Because he’s being managed by a guy well out of his depth. 

Thomas Tuchel knows Daniel Farke very well so why woud he send him to Norwich if he thought he was out of his depth and clueless and a clown? Does that mean Thomas Tuchel is out his depth or does he just have it in for Gilmour?