Billy Gilmour

Kuro

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Good moves. Another set of results to look up.

When is the debuts?

Not sure if they've registered quick enough to play at home to Parma today.

They'll most probably be paraded to the crowd before kickoff.

Debuts probably away to Gagliari on the 15th

4 hours ago, Hauzen said:

They can only dream of the kind of reception Darren Mackie got in Phoenix...

f**k's sake. If I'd known about that, I could've tripled the turnout for him.

On 22/08/2024 at 20:13, Savage Henry said:

I’d far rather read the last few pages of this dateline debate than 90% of the hot takes in the Tartan Army forum.  

You need someone to explain it to you, as verbosely and patronisingly as possible, over a period of many, many months (if not years) until you finally give in and pretend to agree with them. That's how this forum works, apparently.

On 22/08/2024 at 22:07, bleedingums said:

R-2209618-1269974586.jpeg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I bet wee Billy is listening to this right now.

I suspect not, but would love to be wrong. I for one would like to hear more of this sort of thing at Hampden prior to each ritual humiliation.

Frankly I can't understand why Gilmour hasn't played every minute of every game for Scotland since he made his debut for Chelsea.

It's always been clear that he would be, and now is the heartbeat of this team.

On 31/08/2024 at 01:48, MarkoP said:

That looks like a good wee weekend away when I can blag it. Never been to Naples, always fancied it for the Diego connection 

Even better excuse now

I've been a couple of times.  First time when the runaway leaders lost at home to Lazio in 2023, a bit annoying.  Last year it was a 2-1 win at home to the hated Juve, which was better.  Loved it both times.   The stadium is a long way out but the metro service to the ground is very good.  Plenty of bars and food stalls near the ground too.  We are heading back for the Inter game in March.

For all the city has an edgy reputation we always felt safe (though you can be taking your life in your hands when you cross the road 😮).  Good grub and a fair bit cheaper than most cities in Northern Italy*.  The corner shop near our apartment sold the 66cl bottles of Moretti for €1.  Direct flights from Scotland at some points during the season, but also plenty easy connections.  The Maradona shrine is a must.

* The exception is Bologna which is really reasonable, highly recommended and also has a Scottish football connection right now.

Rapidly turning into the player we all hoped he would be. 

He's added a bit more physicality which helps us press higher up the pitch.

Napoli is a brilliant move for him, genuinely buzzing to watch him and McTominay play together there. 

He was brilliant and delighted for him getting that goal. Highest ceiling of a Scotland player for a long time and, all being well, will be at 50 caps around the time he turns 25.

Him and McTominay head and shoulders above the rest. Exciting times for them at Napoli hopefully.