Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Wilkie was quality, absolute silk on the ball and a man mountain. Its just typical fans revisionism to label him pish. He was one of the best couple of CB's in the country and very young. 
As you ably demonstrate compared to those guys and McKenna etc he was better than most of them and worse than none at the same age. McKenna at the same age was playing for Aberdeen. Wilkie could have gone and played EPL with a bit of luck, and was on the verge of a move to Rangers before he got injured.
He wasn't called "Silky Wilkie" (by me at least) for nothing!

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
26 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:
Wilkie was quality, absolute silk on the ball and a man mountain. Its just typical fans revisionism to label him pish. He was one of the best couple of CB's in the country and very young. 
As you ably demonstrate compared to those guys and McKenna etc he was better than most of them and worse than none at the same age. McKenna at the same age was playing for Aberdeen. Wilkie could have gone and played EPL with a bit of luck, and was on the verge of a move to Rangers before he got injured.

He wasn't called "Silky Wilkie" (by me at least) for nothing!

He was great at strolling out of defence and waltzing past a couple of players. Complete monster physically too, met him once at a junior game he's like two people rolled into one. 

I used to go and see Kane play, well mainly his team mates, quite regularly in the Europa League for Spurs when he was 19/20 and he looked bad. Touch like a trampoline. It has gone ok since I've heard.

Talent is one thing but you've got to have the hunger and a slice of luck. Gilmour certainly has the first two and has plenty of time to get his break. 

I'm not sure it will be at Chelsea, Tuchel is under pressure to deliver right away. He might need to make his own luck and walk, or next season we could see a pissed off Kovacic sitting on the bench. Hard to know.

In the meantime cap him sure, but don't worry about him. He's lost what? Three months of sporadic appearances in the Chelsea first team, meh, it's hardly being hit by a bus. If he's as good as you all think he'll get his break sooner rather than later whether there or when he kicks up a fuss in the summer.

Edited by The Algebraist

10 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

I used to go and see Kane play, well mainly his team mates, quite regularly in the Europa League for Spurs when he was 19/20 and he looked bad. Touch like a trampoline. It has gone ok since I've heard.

Talent is one thing but you've got to have the hunger and a slice of luck. Gilmour certainly has the first two and has plenty of time to get his break. 

I'm not sure it will be at Chelsea, Tuchel is under pressure to deliver right away. He might need to make his own luck and walk, or next season we could see a pissed off Kovacic sitting on the bench. Hard to know.

In the meantime cap him sure, but don't worry about him. He's lost what? Three months of sporadic appearances in the Chelsea first team, meh, it's hardly being hit by a bus. If he's as good as you all think he'll get his break sooner rather than later whether there or when he kicks up a fuss in the summer.

There's no doubt he'll be a top player and make it at Chelsea.

What he's lost and we've lost is the chance for him to play at the Euros. Even right now he's better than McGregor, MacLean etc so he would improve us right now. So we have lost a player who could make us a better team in our biggest games for a quarter of a century.

And he has lost the chance to play at a major tournament, which when you're Scottish doesn't come around very often. Its not impossible this will be the only chance he gets. With the expanded Euros its now unlikely but its not impossible.

Under Lampard he was getting named in every single match day squad and getting game time in half of them. That's a bit more than sporadic. Under Tuchel he's not even an afterthought. He has been set back between 18 months and 2 years by Tuchel's appointment. As in it will be between 18 months and 2 years until he's at the same point in the pecking order at Chelsea as he was 3 months ago most likely.

So that's why we're annoyed. Its a heartbreaker for him and a big loss for us. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

lol

I'm assuming you're an idiot.

Chelsea play 50-60 games per season. So game time in every second one is the equivalent of 25-30 games per season. For a teenager. That's excellent, and would have seen him straight in the Scotland squad.

Now he gets cup games and that's it. 

11 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

He was great at strolling out of defence and waltzing past a couple of players. Complete monster physically too, met him once at a junior game he's like two people rolled into one. 

I played in a charity game against him and made the mistake of challenging him for a ball. It was like getting swatted aside by King Kong!

4 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I'm assuming you're an idiot.

Chelsea play 50-60 games per season. So game time in every second one is the equivalent of 25-30 games per season. For a teenager. That's excellent, and would have seen him straight in the Scotland squad.

Now he gets cup games and that's it. 

Billy Gilmour hasn't played 25-30 games for Chelsea. He wasn't "in every match squad and getting game time in half of them" under Lampard. 

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

I played in a charity game against him and made the mistake of challenging him for a ball. It was like getting swatted aside by King Kong!

He is an absolute monster eh, not just tall he's about three feet wide and not with fat just built massive. Was never very quick especially after his injury but had everything else to go a long way in the game.

Interestingly Chelsea fans also seem not delighted with his treatment

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/champions-league/ridiculous-so-stupid-some-chelsea-fans-unhappy-by-tuchel-decision-ahead-of-porto-tie/

I have to say taking 3 LB's and 3 GK's to Seville to play Porto and leaving Gilmour out seems to be treating him with utter contempt. From the guy who blocked him going out on loan and can't wait to tell the world how good he looks in training too. Its a right kick in the teeth.

32 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

If anyone else would like to take this one feel free, I really don't have the patience to engage with idiots.

I'll take this one. You're there calling people idiots for calling you out on what you claim to be facts. You must know that fact checking is quite easy nowadays.

Just checked Flashscore for this season. Lampard was in charge until Match 19. Gilmour wasn't named in the squad for any of Match 1 to Match 11, not even as a sub. From Match 12 to Match 19 he was on the bench only coming on in Match 12 and Match 17 for a total of 34 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'll take this one. You're there calling people idiots for calling you out on what you claim to be facts. You must know that fact checking is quite easy nowadays.

Just checked Flashscore for this season. Lampard was in charge until Match 19. Gilmour wasn't named in the squad for any of Match 1 to Match 11, not even as a sub. From Match 12 to Match 19 he was on the bench only coming on in Match 12 and Match 17 for a total of 34 minutes. 

That's cause he was injured. Jesus Christ. Once fit he was in every squad and getting on the park every second game.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

That's cause he was injured. Jesus Christ. Once fit he was in every squad and getting on the park every second game.

Did you read what I wrote? From Match 12 to Match 19 (8 matches) he was in the squad and came on in Match 12 and Match 17 only. You're wrong pal.

ETA- stop blaspheming

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Did you read what I wrote? From Match 12 to Match 19 (8 matches) he was in the squad and came on in Match 12 and Match 17 only. You're wrong pal.

ETA- stop blaspheming

Yeah under Tuchel. Did you read what I said?  It seems there's two idiots now. 

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

Yeah under Tuchel. Did you read what I said?  It seems there's two idiots now. 

What? I'll try again.

Lampard was in charge from Match 1 until Match 19 inclusive. The figures I'm quoting are for those matches. Tuchel has nothing to do with it.