Billy Gilmour

Kuro

38 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Not in the same realm as Jorginho and Kante tbh.

A career at Sheffield United awaits.

Kante was at a French second tier club and hadn't even made his professional debut at Gilmour's age and Jorginho was in the Italian fourth tier on loan from a second tier club. Go away self-loathing troll.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

Kante was at a French second tier club and hadn't even made his professional debut at Gilmour's age and Jorginho was in the Italian fourth tier on loan from a second tier club. Go away self-loathing troll.

Why even bite at that? Not worth it

5 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Ironically Gilmour could soon become only the 4th Scottish player to pick up a CL winner's medal. 

If there’s an injury or two he may also play in one. I’d have thought that would be enough to secure a spot at the Euros. 

Would he get one even if he didn't make the match day squad?

On this topic, with McTominay/Tierney potentially winning the Europa League this season, who was the last Scot to win that or the UEFA Cup? I couldn't think of any off the top of my head but am assuming it's happened.

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

On this topic, with McTominay/Tierney potentially winning the Europa League this season, who was the last Scot to win that or the UEFA Cup? I couldn't think of any off the top of my head but am assuming it's happened.

Well, McAllister won it with Liverpool the season they won the cup treble. The 5-4 final against Alaves.

McTominay was just starting to get in the squad when man utd won it a few years ago. Don't think he played in the final though.
Has to be McAllister.

2 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Just given away a penalty.

Pretty soft but I actually like when stuff like that happens. Its all a learning experience for a young player, that's part of it. Got away with it too when it was missed.

I do think he might be better in a different team long term though, Chelsea don't suit his game now. Strolled it apart from that though, would say he's the best passer of a ball on the park and technically as good as anyone else out there too.

58 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Glad he's playing with Kante. The formation last week seemed unbalanced with Ziyech playing deeper than normal.

I think you've seen the difference in the first half today. Much less pressure on him and getting away with the odd mistake off the ball because of Kante. I think he's done pretty well though and doesn't look out of place.