Billy Gilmour

Kuro

That was just the wrong midfield entirely him and Jorginho. Shame it was Gilmour that had to go off. Specially since Jorginho shipped the goal.

What I liked tonight from Gilmour... A very continental air about the way he shows in space and how his first touch (or not when he chooses to let the ball run and move himself around it) is always to take the ball onto space with his head up immediately. First touch in a tight space always gets him the wee yard he needs to face forward and find a team mate.

He looks extremely comfortable on the ball. Nine times out of ten in that first half, he played a first touch pass. We have no other player in the squad who can do that. It would be madness not to take him to the Euros

I’d have a 4–4-1-1 with Gilmour, McTominay, Tierney and McGinn in a diamond. McTominay and Tierney getting up and down in the inner right and left, with Gilmour dictating play from deep  and McGinn in an advanced role. 
You're barking

3 hours ago, Fratelli said:

I don't think it'll be a contentious one at this point - I'd be very surprised if he wasn't in the squad, getting a half decent run of starts for Chelsea is enough for someone to be a stick on for a Scotland call up. Seeing a lot of folk still giving it the 'but Steve Clarke thinks John Fleck is better, typical Scottish mentality 🙄'  patter, even though his omission from the last squad was quite understandable given he had hardly kicked a ball in months. Whether or not he starts is another issue mind.

Clarke is a Chelsea legend and still lives down in London, there's no way he doesn't know how good Gilmour is.

Jorginho is rumoured to be going.

A team like Chelsea, quite rightly, will not rely on someone as inexperienced as Gilmour as early as next season though. No point sitting here pretending hes the finished article. Hes got a lot to learn. Playing the way he does, you never stop learning.

I think he will get eased in at Chelsea. Dont see him leaving but could be wrong. They play a lot of games like any of the top Egnlish teams. He will get his chance there I think.

Phil Foden has been getting eased in for about 3 years now and only this season is a big part of the City team.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Phil Foden has been getting eased in for about 3 years now and only this season is a big part of the City team.

Foden is a year older than Gilmour. He is good enough to be playing every week for a team in the top half of the Premiership at a minimum, if he's not going to be starting most games for Chelsea next season he'd be better off elsewhere.

If he goes on loan, great. He won't be going on loan to shit like Rangers as was previously floated, it'd be to another Premier League team or abroad.

I'd guess that Jorginho will be off, Tuchel will bring in another midfielder and Billy will remain one of four and getting progressively more game time.

He should still be playing for Scotland anyway!

I thought Jorginho was absolutely pish last night and I think Tuchel could've been a bit braver in taking him off instead. Gilmour never put a foot wrong. Must be a bit frustrating when things don't work he takes you off despite doing nothing wrong but all he can do is keep playing well when he's given the chance. He should still be in the Scotland squad and we can see what happens next season. I don't really care if Gilmour makes it at Chelsea, it's clear he's an excellent wee player and should make a good career for himself regardless of whether Chelsea keep him on. 

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke is a Chelsea legend and still lives down in London, there's no way he doesn't know how good Gilmour is.

Yep, which is why i was saying that the whole 'Gilmour bossing games against Man City yet Steve Clarke thinks *insert average player in the Scotland squad* is better' patter that's been all over social media since the last squad is complete nonsense. 

37 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Yep, which is why i was saying that the whole 'Gilmour bossing games against Man City yet Steve Clarke thinks *insert average player in the Scotland squad* is better' patter that's been all over social media since the last squad is complete nonsense. 

Clarke was actually named in Chelsea's best ever team. Decent.

Don't know if there's a thread for it but Ryan Fraser starting to concern me. Seems to have been unfit for a while. Not heard anything about him.