Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The fact that Arlene Foster’s DUP are propping up the dysfunctional Tories might be worthy of your consideration.

Ergo, hate Sevco.........emoji41.png

Apparently dear reader, they are buying us some new players.

So they can't be all bad.

7 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I actively will every Scottish team to win with the exception of Rangers. That includes Celtic. I've never personally met a Celtic fan or for that matter a Killie fan that I actually dislike, but Rangers fans are, on the whole, odious c***s and I have no desire to see them succeed in any of their endeavours.

I hope that answers the question.

Same as me. The Celtic fans I know personally are all sound.  The Rangers ones I know are fuds who lash out verbally at not just football when they don't like what they hear, but in general life. 

Just permanently raging arseholes. Have a day off lads. 

It's a total stitch up from UEFA anyway, so no point willing St Johnstone to overcome the might of FK Beetroot Farmers for the sake of the coefficient. Might as well get a laugh out of Scottish sides losing and hoping Hibs go as far as possible instead.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's a total stitch up from UEFA anyway, so no point willing St Johnstone to overcome the might of FK Beetroot Farmers for the sake of the coefficient. Might as well get a laugh out of Scottish sides losing and hoping Hibs go as far as possible instead.

Your right  EUFA do stitch it up for the rich league's but  4 qualifying games for all our teams is ridiculous,surely anything  that helps to reduce it  is beneficial

I actively want Celtic and Rangers to lose every game, and whether it's against Motherwell or Maribor it's all the same. Any increase in their revenue is harmful to Scottish football as a whole. 

I do want to see the others do well, but really, European club competitions are an irrelevance to Scotland now. Even a club with a great heritage like Aberdeen would have to seriously overachieve just to make the EL groups. A combination of an abject failure to develop home-grown players and a relative shortage of TV money have made us weak. On top of that, UEFA have stitched up the competitions to such an extent that our 3rd and 4th placed teams won't even be in the EL in future, they'll be in the diddy Tunnock's Challenge Consolation Vase or whatever.

European football is to Scottish clubs what the Scottish Cup is to Linlithgow Rose - some early season fun, maybe a trip somewhere new and a game against a bigger team, but really, we'll usually be out before the contenders even start and long gone before it gets serious.

Guest JTS98
24 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I actively want Celtic and Rangers to lose every game, and whether it's against Motherwell or Maribor it's all the same. Any increase in their revenue is harmful to Scottish football as a whole. 

I do want to see the others do well, but really, European club competitions are an irrelevance to Scotland now. Even a club with a great heritage like Aberdeen would have to seriously overachieve just to make the EL groups. A combination of an abject failure to develop home-grown players and a relative shortage of TV money have made us weak. On top of that, UEFA have stitched up the competitions to such an extent that our 3rd and 4th placed teams won't even be in the EL in future, they'll be in the diddy Tunnock's Challenge Consolation Vase or whatever.

European football is to Scottish clubs what the Scottish Cup is to Linlithgow Rose - some early season fun, maybe a trip somewhere new and a game against a bigger team, but really, we'll usually be out before the contenders even start and long gone before it gets serious.

Absolutely.

For those of us over the age of about thirty, it's important to just accept that the game is different now. European competitions aren't for the likes of us, basically.

If this third competition gets moving, it might be fun. But the days of our clubs competing (actually competing, not just getting a pasting) with the big countries are over and not coming back.

Football is dead. Long live Celebrity Champions League Island.

17 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Celtic and Rangers games in Europe are win/win these days - they get knocked out, and it's most amusing. They make it through, and our coefficient goes up. 

I only understand the first win.

How's it a win if the OF get through and our coefficient goes up?  

On 11/07/2019 at 11:53, Loki said:

I would like to see all Scottish Clubs get as far as possible.  If Celtic make the Champions League it means my club will get a boost to our budget.  

This 'logic' absolutely fucking incenses me.

You're in the same division as Celtic, and the entire idea is that you compete with them using resources that cost money.  Yet you regard something that can net them £20m+ on top of their already massive advantages, and might as a result see your club get a few hundred thousand, as somehow beneficial?  

It's sheer bonkerdom.  Your "budget" does not exist in a vacuum.  Its only significance is relative rather than absolute.  What's the money for, as far as you're concerned?  How does it help your club if one team gets many, many times as much while those round you get the same as you anyway?

It really is a willing bloody serfdom that sees diddy sides grateful for pitiful scraps in this way.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I usually take enjoyment one way or the other. Either the coefficient improves, or I get a good laugh. Like, I'll be fine if Rangers beats (probably) Progres Niederkorn in the next round, but I'd laugh my ass off if they fucked up again.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This 'logic' absolutely fucking incences me.

You're in the same division as Celtic, and the entire idea is that you compete with them using resources that cost money.  Yet you regard something that can net them £20m+ on top of their already massive advantages, and might as a result see your club get a few hundred thousand, as somehow beneficial?  

It's sheer bonkerdom.  Your "budget" does not exist in a vacuum.  Its only significance is relative rather than absolute.  What's the money for, as far as you're concerned?  How does it help your club if one team gets many, many times as much while those round you get the same as you anyway?

It really is a willing bloody serfdom that sees diddy sides grateful for pitiful scraps in this way.  

While you have a point, it helps Scottish football in general the more money there is in the game. Also it raises the profile. If, for example, 3 or 4 teams regularly qualified for the group stages, it would be a lot easier to attract better players to this country with the lure of this stage.

9 minutes ago, big al said:

While you have a point, it helps Scottish football in general the more money there is in the game. Also it raises the profile. If, for example, 3 or 4 teams regularly qualified for the group stages, it would be a lot easier to attract better players to this country with the lure of this stage.

I'm really not fussy about attracting good players here.  I'm serious.

If I want to watch good players, I've got a telly.  

I'm far far more interested in our game being more egalitarian. 

46 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm really not fussy about attracting good players here.  I'm serious.

If I want to watch good players, I've got a telly.  

I'm far far more interested in our game being more egalitarian. 

Seems it’s not just the old firm who are only interested in themselves.

Also, watching games on tv is pretty boring compared to attending.

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Seems it’s not just the old firm who are only interested in themselves.

Also, watching games on tv is pretty boring compared to attending.

That's some pretty impressive point missing.

Why exactly are you accusing me of self interest?

35 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's some pretty impressive point missing.

Why exactly are you accusing me of self interest?

You don’t want better players in Scotland and a higher level of play helped by success of Scottish clubs in Europe.

You're certainly not any St Nicholas anyway.