Dundee v Aberdeen

johnnydun

I thought McLennan made a bit of a difference and at least injected some urgency when he came on, even if the end product wasn't always there - I'd get him back in the team for Kilmarnock. I'm not convinced by Hedges, Gallagher and McGinn as the three; we aren't quick enough to get the ball to them, but not enough happening when we do and the movement really hasn't been great - McGinn was subdued today, Hedges appears to be quite reliant on getting plenty time and space, and Gallagher tries his heart out but his quality with the ball is sorely lacking.

Yeah I think the initial positivity for Gallagher is misplaced. Pace and fitness yeah, but a player with the qualities of a guy who can’t get a game for his US Club..

Hedges isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Pretty much 120 minutes of garbage. 

We can't create chances, and we can't keep the ball out of the net. Cosgrove plays up front by himself, and when the ball does come to him there's never another Dons' player within 40 yards. Where's the support for Cosgrove ? The man playing off him ? 

The link-up play from the midfield to forward(s) is non-existent, and if it wasn't for big Andy scoring his usual goal against Dundee we would deservedly have been oot. 

McInnes needs to sort this oot. Either play Cosgrove and Wilson together up front, or change the system so that McGinn and/or Hedges play closer to Cosgrove. 

At the moment, half the team seem confused about what they're meant to be doing. 

I think we will play worse and win which is both good and disappointing. Given that most of my mates are Aberdeen fans, I was preparing the GIRFUY messages when the inevitable happened. As has been mentioned before the subs set us back massively and we had looked really comfortable and didn’t look like conceding. Once we did eventually concede, there was only going to be one winner sadly. A night of unbearable smug Aberdonians ahead now, thanks for nothing Dundee. 

2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

First to admit that we don't deserve to be in front.

If we end up going through the concern is that it only serves to paper over the cracks

So you’d have preferred us to lose so that the cracks weren’t papered up?

2 hours ago, The Gifted Sub said:

That Merkland Red has fair changed his tune quickly, the fat fucking virgin.  

I love how the youngsters on P&B assume that they know everything about other posters when flinging out their keyboard warrior insults.

Dundee didn’t lose the match because of McPake’s substitutions, they lost the match because they didn’t take their simple chances in the first half. If it had been three or four nil at half time, nobody could have complained that that wasn’t deserved. But they didn’t, and that’s why they’re out. 

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Never in doubt emoji849.png

We were honking today, Dundee will be absolutely sick at losing that and quite right. Actually looked a decent side, far better than last season and pressed us very well.

That’s the best that Dundee have played against us at Dens for a number of seasons, even though we were poor for the majority of the 129 minutes. Lovely move and header for the winning goal made the trip worthwhile. 

Lucky to still be in the cup. Played very poorly for a large amount of the game today and while I am happy we are through I hope McInnes is man enough to admit he needs to change they way we are playing if we are to have any chance with winning anything this season.

We won the game and thats what matters. We were dreadful but we won.
People seem to forget that that was our sixth game in 17 days. It was Dundee's third in the same time. 9 of that starting 11 have played in every one of those games as well. Many of them showed that in there performances today and there were countless individual mistakes and superb Dundee defending that prevented us from getting any sort of rythm in attack.
Bryson was the player I expected big things from today and he had one of the worst full debuts I've ever seen. Hope for his sakes he isn't fit because he was appallingly bad.
Kerr is always a player that impresses me especially as he's still very young, Mcdaid also looks like a good player and had Logan on toast for all 120.
Not gonna be get worked up about the performance until we get a full week of rest and come up againts a struggling Killie side.

People seem to forget that that was our sixth game in 17 days. It was Dundee's third in the same time. 9 of that starting 11 have played in every one of those games as well. Many of them showed that in there performances today and there were countless individual mistakes and superb Dundee defending that prevented us from getting any sort of rythm in attack.
Bryson was the player I expected big things from today and he had one of the worst full debuts I've ever seen. Hope for his sakes he isn't fit because he was appallingly bad.
Kerr is always a player that impresses me especially as he's still very young, Mcdaid also looks like a good player and had Logan on toast for all 120.
Not gonna be get worked up about the performance until we get a full week of rest and come up againts a struggling Killie side.
Add to that we were missing our most important player in Ferguson...

11 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:
22 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

Add to that we were missing our most important player in Ferguson...

We were missing Hemmings tbf. And the size of budget is equal to the difference between you and Celtic. Absolutely not an excuse. You're through which is all that matters, but that was as bad as I've seen Aberdeen at Dens since the Steve Paterson days. Being tired doesn't mean you should go for the long ball to Cosgrove from the first second to the last.

Guest Bob Mahelp

As bad a performance as today was, the result was one that we've seen time and time again from a Dons team under McInnes.....a couple of bad results then a hard fought win where the team dig in and get a scrappy result that often sets us off on a decent run. 

It's true to say that we look jaded after playing so many games in the last month and a rest will do the team the world of good. Get 3 points next week at one of our favourite grounds and we can say that it's been a decent start to the season.