Clyde vs East Fife

22 hours ago, Scotchpie said:
On 29/07/2019 at 09:04, Clyde01 said:

Time to get the real stuff started.

A pretty dire preseason and league cup showing has drained away much of the optimism I had following promotion.

As discussed at length elsewhere the left hand side of our defence is a disaster and Ray Grant (probably our best player over the matches so far) is suspended.

How do we think this will pan out?

Suspended or not he's currently got Laryngitis anyway.

He'll need to serve his suspension after his illness then...

Do I detect a sense of reality amongst our Clyde brethren or is it early days? Where is the "we are the big club" borefest that we have come to loath?
That aside, Lennon has done a decent job since he came in and I think Clyde will do ok this season. Always a tricky place to visit so I'm going for a score draw (2-2) with Chris Templeman grabbing the first hatrick of the new season in record time.
And where is Jamesy? He was always my favorite Clyde poster and brought some much needed sanity to the forum.

If you want to see ‘Jamesy’ you will need to go to division 2 posts.
Anybody who couldn’t see he was a Queue Pee moron in disguise is as bad as him.

Jamesy was an absolutely woeful alias, probably the worst I have seen on any section of this forum; lazy, one-tone and, ultimately, completely unfunny. That he was amusing to, and is missed by, some of these East Fife fans sums them up really. Very, very limited people.

4-2 to Clyde, with Goodwillie, Johnston and Smith among the goals for Clyde. Higgins and Linton for The Fifers.

26 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Jamesy was an absolutely woeful alias, probably the worst I have seen on any section of this forum; lazy, one-tone and, ultimately, completely unfunny. That he was amusing to, and is missed by, some of these East Fife fans sums them up really. Very, very limited people.

4-2 to Clyde, with Goodwillie, Johnston and Smith among the goals for Clyde. Higgins and Linton for The Fifers.

Is Goodwillie fit to start?

29 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Is this Linton as in Scott Linton who signed for Kelty Hearts?!

Or are you taking the piss?!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

6 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

If you want to see ‘Jamesy’ you will need to go to division 2 posts.
Anybody who couldn’t see he was a Queue Pee moron in disguise is as bad as him.

Jamesy ~ legend! 

My favourite Clyde fan. 

Article from Cumbernauld news, our opening day form is surprisingly good over the last 10 years, including a win over QP!

https://www.cumbernauld-news.co.uk/sport/football/how-clyde-have-fared-in-their-opening-league-game-for-the-past-10-years-1-4975324/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Seeing Broons face nearly put me aff ma breakfast.

What we thinking then? Assuming Petkov isn't rubbish and that a left-back doesn't appear from nowhere:

Mitchell

Cuddihy Rumsby Petkov McNiff

Lamont Grant McStay Wallace

Johnston Goodwillie

That'd be my pick, based on what I think Lennon might reasonably do. Tough game but we need a win given the fixtures that are coming up.

What we thinking then? Assuming Petkov isn't rubbish and that a left-back doesn't appear from nowhere:
Mitchell
Johnston Goodwillie
That'd be my pick, based on what I think Lennon might reasonably do. Tough game but we need a win given the fixtures that are coming up.
he mentioned that he can play midfield depending on availability might stick him in there , going by last week no way should mc stay start , but not sure what other options we have at moment

7 hours ago, David W said:

Mitchell

Johnston Goodwillie

Did someone not say Grant was suspended?

If not would have Smith in ahead of McStay up top with Goodie, and Johnston in behind with a free role.