Kilmarnock vs Hello Sevco/Bye Bye Rangers

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As much as I like putting the boot in to them it's not as if they went out to do the roof in. Thing looked it was made of paper mache and looks a poor retrofit design.

That ‘s nearly the same defence a drunk driver would give... “I didn't mean to run over the pedestrian.... I was pissed remember”.

Edited by NFL12

I mean, jumping on a clearly weak roof that covers the clearly signed disabled section, is clearly and undoubtedly moronic and dangerous.

Staggering to discover the only fanbase who dont completely condone those actions are fans of Celtic.

8 minutes ago, The DA said:

Surely they could see it was only there to keep the rain off?  It wasn't some sturdy monkey climbing frame.

Agreed and would have been fine if there was a barrier behind stopping anyone from going on it but it would have blocked the view. Like I said its poor design if somebody can practically step on to it  and it cant take the weight of one person.

3 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

That ‘s nearly the same defence a drunk driver would give... “I didn't mean to run over the pedestrian.... I was pissed remember”.

It really, really isn't. Yes there should be accountability at those involved but you cant really argue at the poor set up either.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Agreed and would have been fine if there was a barrier behind stopping anyone from going on it but it would have blocked the view. Like I said its poor design if somebody can practically step on to it  and it cant take the weight of one person.

It really, really isn't. Yes there should be accountability at those involved but you cant really argue at the poor set up either.

Your Honour, I was positive it was plate glass and that my brick wouldn't go straight through it.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Are you genuinely directing the blame for this at Kilmarnock?

I am hearing that Killie are now considering not selling away tickets v Rangers for the bottom section of the away end. 
That will look great on tv?

Mind you the other 3 stands look empty anyway.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yes it is. People need to be responsible and be held accountable for their own actions at all times. Who ever stood on that roof caused it to cave in, not the designer or builder. 

Edited by NFL12

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you genuinely directing the blame for this at Kilmarnock?

No, my point was that the furore regarding 2 guys on a roof causing it to cave in didn't really merit the furore we have seen so far from it.  They should be accountable but I would expect something that has been built for a public arena that can be stepped on to should be able to withhold a certain degree of weight, and if it doesn’t to have it protected by some sort of barrier. There will be an investigation into this no doubt and i can see the roofs either being reinforced or some sort of barrier stopping  you from goin on it so easily. The guys will no doubt rightly be caught too though.

We actually looked like a coherent football team today, definitely in the second half we probably deserved a draw.

I get that last minute winners are exciting and all but Rangers didn't look much better than last season, tbqhwy. Needed a scrappy corner and a defensive mishap at the second to win, but otherwise didn't seem to cut us apart from open play. 

There were encouraging signs there from the team and hopefully we can get a result against Hamilton. 

EDIT: Just to add but Kiltie surely deserves a start now. Really made the difference when he came on. 

Edited by Ocular Patdown Required

In all seriousness, these pitch invasions do need to stop, but the authorities  and the media need to take alot of responsibility for them, as the leniancy they showed Hibs after thousands of their fans invaded the Hampden pitch, assaulted opposition players, incited opposition fans to riot and destroyed the goalposts after the 2016 Scottish Cup Final is what planted the seeds for the now regular pitch invasions we see. That was dismissed as "ach, only a bit of exuberance by the media and Hibs received a very light punishment for their supporters misbehaviour that day, result of that means that other sets of supporters look at that and think "well if it was good enough for them, it's good enough for us". We obviously had our own pitch invasion on a smaller scale a year prior to that after the playoff and received a suspended sentence, but football supporters really should stay off the park and celebrate IN the stands, like what they managed to do for years and years.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

No, my point was that the furore regarding 2 guys on a roof causing it to cave in didn't really merit the furore we have seen so far from it.  They should be accountable but I would expect something that has been built for a public arena that can be stepped on to should be able to withhold a certain degree of weight, and if it doesn’t to have it protected by some sort of barrier. There will be an investigation into this no doubt and i can see the roofs either being reinforced or some sort of barrier stopping  you from goin on it so easily. The guys will no doubt rightly be caught too though.

The roof sits above waist height for the people standing behind it, you cant get on to it without climbing up onto it. You're making it sound as if they could accidentally stand on it.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well said, Ben

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If this roof collapse had happened at Celtic park, your opinion on cause would be more  heavily weighted in a certain way I think. I’m not surprised though .

In 20 odd years this is the first time I have heard of this happening. I do suppose that stadium designers should think about the absolute mindless scum that infest stadium 4 times a year to contain  this common problem.

1 minute ago, NFL12 said:

If this roof collapse had happened at Celtic park, your opinion on cause would be more  heavily weighted in a certain way I think. I’m not surprised though .

In 20 odd years this is the first time I have heard of this happening. I do suppose that stadium designers should think about the absolute mindless scum that infest stadium 4 times a year to contain  this common problem.

The new dugouts at McDiarmid can be climbed onto from the crowd, I'll be emailing the club tomorrow to build a giant wall around them.

You know, since fans so often climb onto structures above people when celebrating goals.