Dundee vs. Ayr United

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

We pulled it back against Dunfermline in second gear. Pumped Ayr without even getting into second gear. This league is fucking awful tbh. Imagine us when we get going. 

I'm not totally convinced you've got a first gear, or if you do that was probably it today. Even so this league is so pish that having guys like Hemmings will mean you'll win most games without playing that well. 

Although Ayr were good in spells, like most I was impressed by Moffat, it would have been a travesty had we not got all 3 points as we were without doubt, the best team. Good start 2nd time around for Hemmings. He looked a proper striker and really should have scored. Midfield was better after Gowser went off as Ness was pushed further forward. Him and Robertson both sitting deep didn’t work. Thought McDaid had his best game for us - saw no sign of the 1/2 dozen Ayr players who are miles better than him. Thought the ref was average, nothing major wrong but I have to say I thought Ayr were VERY dirty. Constant fouls all over the pitch and maybe 5 really bad fouls. Ayr will surely be ok though as they are half decent.

A travesty? I'm not having this.

After a dangerous first 15 mins it was Ayr that played all the football in the first half. We were on top and looking good (although I didn't think it was a penalty but I want to see it again).

Second half started horribly, turgid football from both teams. But Dundee got their tails up, crowd going, and made and took their chance well (Forrest missed ours but it was a big she from Hamilton). After that we never really threatened and overall Dundee probably shaded it.

We still need some presence up top but played our way into some nice areas.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm not totally convinced you've got a first gear, or if you do that was probably it today. Even so this league is so pish that having guys like Hemmings will mean you'll win most games without playing that well. 

It's crazy. It sounds so 'bammy' but I've seen this squad do so better. It's not as if they've been worked (I 100% remain that Dunfermline are long ball it's horrific).. Of course, we have to prove and earn the right to play but to be so so bad and pull back a 2 goal defecit and take 3 points, we are doing not bad tbh. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I don't entirely disagree, we weren't making great chances - but we were regularly passing through your team in the first half.

First 20 minutes was all us, rest of the 1st half was you playing the better football, though neither team really had much in the way of proper chances.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Probably should have had a penalty first half and had grown into it enough that another 5/10 minutes would have seen us ahead first half.  Half time came and we were shut out the game, weird subs didn't help and heads were down a bit after Harvie had a mare he got away with.  Dundee could have had another couple after they got ahead. 

Hemmings looked really good when our defence got tired and when he's right up to speed he will be class. 

Unreal hahaha.

'Eh we were gonna score but half time prevented us from scoring in the next ten minutes. If only the ref allowed the first half to last 55 minutes we would've been ahead'. Half time absolutely shut us out the game.

Priceless.

Thank you very much! 

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

Unreal hahaha.

'Eh we were gonna score but half time prevented us from scoring in the next ten minutes. If only the ref allowed the first half to last 55 minutes we would've been ahead'. Half time absolutely shut us out the game.

Priceless.

Thank you very much! 

He did let them have a 55 min second half though.

You could tell that Dundee were the better quality team but at no point did they really slice us open - neither team had any particularly great chances. The ref was fucking awful but it would be a bit of a stretch to say he cost us the game. Dundee will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season though and I’d be happy for them to pip their arsehole rivals to the title.

P.S. got a third off with my well out of date student card. Thank you x

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't entirely disagree, we weren't making great chances - but we were regularly passing through your team in the first half.

Ayr will be nobody’s mug this season, was quite impressed with them in spells today with some players I wouldn’t mind in our side. Having said that, once we altered our shape and tactics and started to get the ball forward earlier we were by far the better side. 

Can see us signing players right up until the close of the transfer window so between that and the amount of signings we’ve already made we’ll take a wee while to get up and running but I think it’s going to fine for us this season. Just a pity we waited on Yenited to have won the league before signing Hemmings and whoever else joins before September 3rd.