Change of Diet Required ??

Trawling through the online newspapers, i was confronted by this article :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7325015/Vegan-documentary-Dominion-horrific-viewers-sit-it.html

Decided to give the full documentary a watch on Youtube.  As a life-long carnivore/omnivore, it was seriously difficult viewing at times.  For those with the appropriate constitution, give it a watch.

Although it won't make me turn vegan/veggie, it certainly achieved the shock impact it set out to do.  Would any P&B members change their habits following something like this ??

p.s.   enjoy your dinner. 

I went vegan after getting hens that had come from a battery farm. The state they were in was horrific and by all accounts the free range ones we got afterwards weren't in much better nick. They grew most of their feathers back but due to their breed suffered from numerous health problems. They were laying an egg pretty much every day and despite getting most of the eggs fed back to them it took it's toll and they all died at a fairly young age.

I never really felt comfortable with what goes on in slaughter houses so had kind of been vegetarian on and off all my life anyway.

20180421_130755.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

Turned veggie after watching a talk about the whole shebang. The one line that stuck with me was something like “how can you say that you’re a dog lover, or an animal lover, and yet eat meat?”. That struck a chord so I thought I’d give it a go, thinking I wouldn’t last long. Been 2.5 years now and I very rarely miss it.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Turned veggie after watching a talk about the whole shebang. The one line that stuck with me was something like “how can you say that you’re a dog lover, or an animal lover, and yet eat meat?”. 

Because i) humans are indisputably at the top of an animal meat based food chain that has existed for tens of thousands of years and 

ii) the domesticated dog has, over thousands of years, been bred for other services than human consumption.

That line is just a weepy non-sequitur.