wrexham v ayr united

ayrunited

That was absolutely tremendous fun, great atmosphere in the ground and Wrexham post game was superb, despite folk in Chester on Friday telling us how dire it would be. Just as well we're out, don't think my liver could handle another weekend of madness like that. I believe we met the bootlegger guy in the Horse and Jockey which was a cracking pub.

Guest Moomintroll
That is what they were chanting clearly, what a bunch of pond life thinking it's fine to chant something like that
Both our supports need to give that a wrap, it is beyond embarrassing now & makes us look like utter neanderthals.

Both our supports need to give that a wrap, it is beyond embarrassing now & makes us look like utter neanderthals.
Quite a few folk now sing the word dirty, heard it on the train(s) and in the stadium. It will change eventually, will just take time.

Great experience for us as fans to go down and have something completely different. I fear next year we'll end up with Hamilton U21s.

24 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Quite a few folk now sing the word dirty, heard it on the train(s) and in the stadium. It will change eventually, will just take time.

Great experience for us as fans to go down and have something completely different. I fear next year we'll end up with Hamilton U21s.

tHEy'rE oUr RiValS

Great weekend and excellent support, I'm sure there'll be a few casualties today including the boys tanning the Sauvignon Blanc on the way back up the road yesterday !!

Although blotto, I thought we completely controlled the game without an end product, McCowan and Kerr were both superb and we completely outplayed them for virtually the whole match. Moff didn't quite look himself and Doolan wasn't involved enough but all in all a great away day and hopefully we get an Irish team Away next year.

On a quick note about the "bl**k barstewards" singing, I'm sure we've been over this course on a few occasions previously (or maybe a few hundred), it relates to the pits and is to do with dirty as in," look at the colour of you, yer black" as opposed to "I hate the immigrant as he's black", but then again, I'm sure you all know this.

Big difference guys, it's all about context and frankly I find all the faux outrage from our resident saddos all pretty pathetic, truth being told.

Anyway, if people want a cause to get really angry and annoyed about, perhaps we should be talking about the streets of Chester (one of the wealthiest areas in the country) which are lined with homeless people and beggars of all age groups. That's what's REALLY sad about this country but nobody appears bothered about that and instead would rather talk about complete and utter nonsensical trivialities, which really is a sad indictment on the state of our society today............

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

On a quick note about the "bl**k barstewards" singing, I'm sure we've been over this course on a few occasions previously (or maybe a few hundred), it relates to the pits and is to do with dirty as in," look at the colour of you, yer black" as opposed to "I hate the immigrant as he's black", but then again, I'm sure you all know this.

Big difference guys, it's all about context and frankly I find all the faux outrage from our resident saddos all pretty pathetic, truth being told.

Anyway, if people want a cause to get really angry and annoyed about, perhaps we should be talking about the streets of Chester (one of the wealthiest areas in the country) which are lined with homeless people and beggars of all age groups. That's what's REALLY sad about this country but nobody appears bothered about that and instead would rather talk about complete and utter nonsensical trivialities, which really is a sad indictment on the state of our society today............

Is it that hard to stop singing about "black b*****ds"? The context is irrelevant, just stop singing it.

Is it that hard to stop singing about "black b*****ds"? The context is irrelevant, just stop singing it.
No we can not!

Black has many meanings look it up in a dictionary. We use it a totally non racist way.

We will not pander to the snowflake generation thank you very much!

What about the Dirty Arab b******s chant? Is that allowed?

29 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

22 minutes ago, ftk said:

No we can not!

Black has many meanings look it up in a dictionary. We use it a totally non racist way.

All joking aside, I can see both points here. I'm never overly comfortable singing the "black" bit of the song NOT because I feel there's anything racist in it but because of the connotations which are now associated with it whether right or wrong.

Having said that, ftk also has a very valid point as our society in general is losing the plot as many seem to want us to erase history or be constantly apologising for events from history, which were, at the time, seen as perfectly normal and acceptable.

Debate should never be closed down, irrespective of how uncomfortable some may find it and history should also never be rewritten, irrespective of how unpalatable it may seem in today's world.

Remember, what we deem to be acceptable today may not be perceived as acceptable in 10 years time but that doesn't make either perception right or wrong but merely aligned to the wider social agenda of that particular moment in time.

Anyway, all too deep for a miserable Monday afternoon !!!

8 hours ago, ftk said:

No we can not!

Ah, the "snowflake" defence. Always the go to argument for people who are stuck in the past and don't like getting called out for being a bit of a c**t.

And yes, I'd also want that Arab chant stopped, not that I've heard it used. Any other whataboutery or Piers Morgan lite arguments?

Ah, the "snowflake" defence. Always the go to argument for people who are stuck in the past and don't like getting called out for being a bit of a c**t.
And yes, I'd also want that Arab chant stopped, not that I've heard it used. Any other whataboutery or Piers Morgan lite arguments?
If it was an offensive song do you not think the media, police, SPFL or club would come out and condemn the song?

Away and get an education instead of trying to insinuate Ayr Utd fans are racist!

If it was an offensive song do you not think the media, police, SPFL or club would come out and condemn the song?

Away and get an education instead of trying to insinuate Ayr Utd fans are racist!
Ali is one of these professionally offended types who takes great delight in finding offence where there is none.

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
26 minutes ago, ftk said:

Ali is one of these professionally offended types who takes great delight in finding offence where there is none.

He'll be into you again Jimmy.