Hearts v Aberdeen

Frank Grimes

Just noticed BT have opted for Livingston v The Rangers instead of this.

A too close to call game at Tynie under the lights. Fiercely contested between two of the countries bigger teams.

Or over to the 3G Tony Macaroni. In all likelihood a cricket score with 9/10th of the stadium filled with Ra Peepul and 90 mins of their party songs?

Only one winner really

6 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

You expect too much.

It will be sore on the eyes and probably sore on the neck as the ball is battered up and down the field without touching the deck once.

And Hearts will probably win.

Look I'm going to this ride this wave of post derby rosy optimism as long as I possibly can* and I'm not letting Grumpy Aberdonians stop me

* possibly less than a week

Until neutrals stop watching the OF away games, this will always be the case. The gruesome twosome attract the biggest crowds so will always get picked no matter how attractive the other fixtures are.

Indeed, tv companies go with viewing figures not what they think the best contest will be. Every time.

Until neutrals stop watching the OF away games, this will always be the case. The gruesome twosome attract the biggest crowds so will always get picked no matter how attractive the other fixtures are.

To be fair, everyone on this thread has commented about how it’s going to be a dreadful game. I’m going and I still don’t actually want to watch it.

Right you bunch of MUGS I’m back and I’m coming to the game tonight. Off the back of a CONVINCING 2-0 away win at HIGH FLYING LIVINGSTON we should beat this relegation fodder.

It’s time for Cup-Tie Considine to make his triumphant return. 1-0 Aberdeen, 84th minute. Me to get in some pwoper nawty bother.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Biggest game of season so far.

i would play Mcginn inside behind Cosgrove and Wilson and Hedges wide.

it won’t happen though.

Wilson probably has about as much chance of starting tonight as I do, but I would also play him. I'd consider bringing in McLennan for McGinn, too. I have a bad feeling Gallagher will play, though, and Cosgrove in for Main might be the only change from Saturday (maybe Logan for Vyner).

9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Wilson probably has about as much chance of starting tonight as I do, but I would also play him. I'd consider bringing in McLennan for McGinn, too. I have a bad feeling Gallagher will play, though, and Cosgrove in for Main might be the only change from Saturday (maybe Logan for Vyner).

Yeah gallagher will play due to his fitness and running. Would be a player if he could improve technically and also made the right runs. An example was 2nd half at Livi 1 of the few times Hedges got the ball to attack the left back and Gallagher made a run into the right wing from inside and completely blocked the space for Hedges to have a 1on 1 with the full back. Unsurprisingly the move broke down.

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Yeah gallagher will play due to his fitness and running. Would be a player if he could improve technically and also made the right runs. An example was 2nd half at Livi 1 of the few times Hedges got the ball to attack the left back and Gallagher made a run into the right wing from inside and completely blocked the space for Hedges to have a 1on 1 with the full back. Unsurprisingly the move broke down.

I just don't 'get' him. He's technically poor. He's fast, but most of his running is predictable and not particularly productive. Saying that, I expect him to start and hopefully he does something. I'm surprised Wilson can't get a game ahead of him, as he is technically far superior and I didn't think in the summer he had been signed permanently to sit on the bench again.

35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I just don't 'get' him. He's technically poor. He's fast, but most of his running is predictable and not particularly productive. Saying that, I expect him to start and hopefully he does something. I'm surprised Wilson can't get a game ahead of him, as he is technically far superior and I didn't think in the summer he had been signed permanently to sit on the bench again.

Totally agree. Had plenty time last season to see if Wilson was good enough so why sign him and not play him?