East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

Well, that was quite the afternoon.

20 minutes of nail biting after letting East Fife carelessly back into it but great scenes at the 5th.

I thought we were very good in the first half. As mentioned we lost it for a while in the second half but regained control late on after the subs injected a bit of freshness into our play.

With Airdrie and Falkirk drawing it's been a very good day.

23 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

No your right, I would be thick amongst it getting it right up you, but I would hope I would still acknowledge what a massive pile of shite that game was!!!

Again, we’ll done, you deserved it today even if it was only by being less shite than we were. Starting to sound like a Falkirk fan know, so I’m going to stop!!!

Enjoy your night!!!

THREE is the magic number mate!!!emoji6.png

Absolutely fucking raging. 

Braw. 

Just you keep on believing that sweetie, never mind the gulf in class between them.  One side who when they kept the ball on the deck passed the opposition off the park and another (that's your lot that is!) that seemed determined to boot any Raith man who was on the ball into the air.

IMG_0947.jpg
Absolutely fucking raging. 
Braw. 

Do you seriously think so???
Hint: you’d be wrong if you did!!!

Should be easy. They can't win away.

🤫

3-0 to east fife, raith are struggling and don’t have the quality at the moment to beat us, let’s av ya

🤫

Hendry was pish at Bayview earlier in the season. Will be sticking East Fife -1 on the coupon either way.

🤫

What a game that turned out to be, would have taken a draw before the game with us having half a team but first half they certainly played East Fife off the park.  Second half we sat back and that let the Fife back in the game.  Bringing our subs on definitely changed the tempo and we ended up with an excellent fifth goal, the icing on the cake.  Well done to the team and the management team for the result today made a lot of moaning Rovers supporters very happy😉

40 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Again, we’ll done, you deserved it today even if it was only by being less shite than we were. Starting to sound like a Falkirk fan know, so I’m going to stop!!!

The calling card of the raging fan. 😂

The more you look at it, the better this result is. We've come up against all of the other teams in the top four and managed to get 7 points despite an utterly shambolic combination of injuries and suspensions. To get through this period and still be top at the end of 2019 is fantastic. There's a long way to go yet, but hopefully McGlynn will have an idea on who we'll bring in for January. I'd be delighted if we can keep Gullan. 

We were fantastic for the first half. When we are in that mood no team in this league can handle us, just a pity we can't do it for longer or more often.

EF were an absolute mess for the most part. Put everything down their left to try and catch Watson out, but gave us time and space everywhere else. The game turned scrappy in the second half, which suited them, but the damage was done and we saw the game out superbly at 4-3 and deserved the fith. 

Tait was very good, but Gullan was immense as was McDonald first half. Yet again, Hendry showed why he's the best player in the league. Strolled it and had the speccy boy on the bench and Wallace in an absolute rage. Great stuff. 

Some real arrogance from some EF fans in the build up to the last two derbies, so great to play them off the park for large spells. 

Long way to go and plenty twists and turns, but we've been the best side in the league this season and in my opinion with everyone fit have the strongest side in the league.  Hopefully we can prove that in the running, and having played the rest of the top 4 in the past month - I would be really disappointed if we don't get promotion this season. 

Edited by CALDERON

How is James Berry doing?

James Berry, yikes.. First half I was really
impressed with him. He was zipping the ball about first half, probably the only UoS player to do so in a frequent long ball match. Second half, him and the rest of the team absolutely fucking shat it, to put it bluntly. Fash began to run riot for Kelty and there’s nothing Stirling could do.
Nando Mendy btw, an absolute fucking tank. Was sitting just in line with him when a Stirling throw in was being taken. As the balls thrown, he screams his name that loud that I, and I imagine the young left winger, shat it.
He’s very physical, doesn’t actually give away too many fouls and seems aware of what’s happening around him all of a sudden. His english has improved as well, he speaks to his TMs in a way he couldn’t before.

Credit to John McGlynn for today btw. Every time we have played East Fife the last couple of seasons they have pressed us high and caused us problems. We have tried to build from the back and been caught out and not been able to play our usual football.

Today he had the physical presence of G. Anderson up top which allowed us to go more direct when necessary and beat the press and it worked a treat. 

Edited by R.R.FC

It’s ok though, Raith don’t care about us and don’t treat it like a derby...

What’s with the ‘best team in a generation’ patter too? We’ve had the upper hand over the last few meetings but it was going to go at some point. Still only 3 points off the top, plenty more twists and turns yet to come.

Enjoy your night celebrating the game you don’t care about though.

1 minute ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

It’s ok though, Raith don’t care about us and don’t treat it like a derby...

What’s with the ‘best team in a generation’ patter too? We’ve had the upper hand over the last few meetings but it was going to go at some point. Still only 3 points off the top, plenty more twists and turns yet to come.

Enjoy your night celebrating the game you don’t care about though.

_20181222_170156.JPG