FM 2020

ajwffc

Started a game with Stenhousemuir, ended up in a Betfred Cup group with Hearts, Alloa, Brechin and Cove.

Surprisingly won 5-1 at Alloa in the first match, followed up with a loss on penalties to Cove at home following a 1-1 draw.

We were then thumped 3-0 at Hearts before finishing the group off with a 4-0 home win over Brechin.

Botti Biabi and Ryan Blair are cheat codes at this level, miles ahead of the level I am at.

Followed that positivity up with a 2-1 defeat at Albion Rovers on the opening day in League Two. Cheers lads.

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

One for the Hibs fans on here maybe, sure Dom Malonga plays in that league.

Yup, Malonga is over here, other names Scottish fans may remember include Marcus Haber (who still doesn't score much) and Luca Gasparotto.  I figure Fraser Aird will be over here too at some point soon.

I finally purchased this game, just started my first learning save (with Celtic), 4 minutes in to my first friendly Scott Brown got sent off lol

Downloaded the mobile version of this to keep myself occupied on the train to/from work. Been years since I played FM but forgot how good it wsa and i'm surprised how much detail the mobile version goes into.

In my first season with Motherwell and have managed to just scrape into the top 6. The final game before the split had me sitting in 6th with St. Johnstone sitting 3 points behind in 7th while also being 3 goals worse off. We played each other and St. Johnstone went 2-0 up before half time. We managed to get a goal back in the second half and saw the game out but I think I would have ended up launching my phone if we'd dropped out of the top 6 at the final hurdle. The only other time i've really lost the plot is when I was 4-0 up on Ross County at half time only for them to bring it back to 4-4 in the second half with every single goal they scored coming from a corner.

In terms of signings, the only one I brought in is Tom Walsh from Inverness for £50k who scored 4 in his first 4 games though the goals have since dried up. He's still playing well, however, so keeps his place in the team. The main outgoing has been Devante Cole who went back to Wigan at the end of his loan spell. I initially put faith in him as my main striker but he only scored 2 goals in 20 appearances so I wasn't overly fussed with keeping him. Chris Long is my top scorer with 12 but, surprisingly, Christy Manzinga isn't far behind despite playing less games.

Declan Gallagher has been rank rotten for me with his best rating being a 7. After a couple of warnings, the aforementioned St. Johnstone game was the final straw and I ended up fining him a week's wages. He's currently valued at £1.2m so i'm considering punting him in the next transfer window and using some of the funds to bring in someone else.

Into my second season with Hibs and Rangers currently sit rock bottom after nine games. Gerrard has been punted. My Hibs team pumped them 5-1 and Ross County did them 4-1. They’ve still got all of their big players too. f**k knows what’s going on.

Into 2023/24 with Saints, another 5th placed finish last season got me into his Europe League 2 competition. 

Yet again made it to the stage before the groups, with Thun beating me 2-0 on aggregate this time.

Hamstrung as f**k as I cant sign foreign players unless they earn more than £3k a week, which is still something i cant really afford.

Started the league season off 9 games unbeaten, sitting 3 points off Celtic and headed to Celtic Park. Lyndon Dykes then breaks his leg in the game before I go there, completely fucking me. Hes been so good I sort of couldnt sign a decent back up, as anyone good enough wanted to be a starter, so May, Hendry and a regen loanee with no senior games are my options. I'm slogging away but dropped right off the top now.

Dykes been my best signing, for a £20k fee. Also signed a young winger called Sean Ward for £10k from Hearts who's displaced Kennedy finally. Clark, Ralston, Kerr, Gordon, Tanser, McCann, Kennedy and May all remain for the initial squad, which is decent.

Celtic have gone something like 60 league games unbeaten now, their Summer business involved signing Christian Pulisic from Chelsea for £25m. He joins Ross Barkley in earning around £100k a week.

My highest earner earns £2.8k a week, and the most I've spent on a player is £400k. 

Downloaded the LL expansion to play as Shire. Got sacked 4 games from the end of the 2nd season when im sitting top of the league by 2 points and my expectations were only to challenge.

Went to Peterhead and lasted 10 games there before being ousted after 2 league games into the new season.

Is this happening to anyone else? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

11 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Downloaded the LL expansion to play as Shire. Got sacked 4 games from the end of the 2nd season when im sitting top of the league by 2 points and my expectations were only to challenge.

Went to Peterhead and lasted 10 games there before being ousted after 2 league games into the new season.

Is this happening to anyone else? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

How well were you complying to your other philosophies? As if you are failing any they class as major they will sack you even if you are doing well.  

Doing a 'Glory Hunter' challenge. Won the treble with Inter Milan in my second season before flitting to Chelsea.

Either my DoF is the most persuasive of guys or there's a bug here, but left him to negotiate a contract with my star man at Inter and this is what they agreed to:

image.thumb.png.b54e05fcd515f43e15cc65c842c19884.png

Doing a difficult start challenge to try to reach the top of world football, decided to make my first team Bolton.  Depth is an issue and I can't really sign anyone, have managed to earn 19 points from my first 15 games, leaving me on 7 points.  Having only 1 senior right back (second best is 16 and has a current rating of 1.5 stars) is problematic, also the team contains like 3 garbage senior left backs.  Hopefully I can survive this season and properly rebuild, there are a lot of prospects in the team

Also Joe Dodoo is fucking garbage

Edited by senorsoupe

Celtic made it to 58 games unbeaten, Dundee beat them 1-0 on the 20th December 2023, their first league defeat since 23rd April 2022.

They beat Aberdeen, then lost 1-0 to Hearts just a week after. 

This is the first time theyve lost two league games in a month in my entire save.

Bolton Wanderers update. It's going into boxing day and I'm within touching distance of getting out of the relegation zone, one point adrift but with a much better goal difference.

Unfortunately my board has told me I need to trim 20% off my payroll in January so I'm not going to be able to keep my best loan signings and will need to trim further depth. Need to get points in the 3 games I have left with them, not easy when boxing day is a trip to Sunderland