FM 2020

ajwffc

On 27/02/2020 at 20:39, djchapsticks said:

Great one on my latest game.

St. Mirren Park is being expanded and whilst this is being done, St. Mirren have moved into Rugby Park for the 2nd time in 3 seasons. Nothing out of the ordinary, we always move there when the stadium is being expanded.

But Kilmarnock don't play at Rugby Park. They moved into the smaller capacity Frank Beattie Stadium 2 years ago. We essentially are sole proprietor of Killie's old ground and have exclusive use of it as a halfway house when our ground is being reconstructed. :lol: 

Never seen this before in FM.

In my days of playing Football Manager 2007 I took Salisbury City to the Premier League. When we got promoted to the Championship the stadium needed re-done to make it an all-seater, so we relocated to Southampton's old ground, The Dell. Eagle eyed viewers will note that The Dell was demolished in 2001, five years before the game was released.

It also kept our attendance record for a few seasons until we made it to the PL, since it was bigger than our stadium renovation at the time. 

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

In my days of playing Football Manager 2007 I took Salisbury City to the Premier League. When we got promoted to the Championship the stadium needed re-done to make it an all-seater, so we relocated to Southampton's old ground, The Dell. Eager eyed viewers will note that The Dell was demolished in 2001, five years before the game was released.

It also kept our attendance record for a few seasons until we made it to the PL, since it was bigger than our stadium renovation at the time. 

Love daft wee things like that. 

Liverpool campaign kicked off with an annoying 3-2 defeat to Man City in the Community Shield.

Onto the important stuff and the league opener away to Crystal Palace.

Odsonne Edouard has also been brought in after injuries sustained.  He was very highly recommended by the scouting staff and also meets the sign under 23 player requirements from the board.

19 year old Domingos Quina from Watford has also been signed he can play AML, AMC, AMR and if required MC.

The ability to play in the variety of positions is welcomed in particular the attacking ones,  MC will not be utilised as much.

I started my first new game since the update last night and played for a bit. Definitely seems better but, to be honest, I think I might be done with FM

I got bored with last years and this years is basically the same. Not sure I'll buy it again next year unless there are major changes, although I'll probably buy it just to keep up my collection

Bit sad, if Im honest :( 

The main thing pissing me off is everything is down to wing play. Attacking mids are pointless much smarter just to have a defensive mid and wingers than try to play through the middle.

The keepers have also got much worse since the new update.

15 hours ago, Mr X said:

I started my first new game since the update last night and played for a bit. Definitely seems better but, to be honest, I think I might be done with FM

I got bored with last years and this years is basically the same. Not sure I'll buy it again next year unless there are major changes, although I'll probably buy it just to keep up my collection

Bit sad, if Im honest :( 

I'm not far off holding off buying until the Winter update next year, tbh. Always feels like it's a ME mess until then.

Started an unemployed save, simmed 18 months, and then looked around for an interesting team who had been struggling. Ended up at 17th placed Bayer Leverkusen, who had finished in the bottom half the previous season too.

Havertz is still there but refusing to sign a new deal that only has 18 months to go, as he wants CL football. So its bang or bust on that one if I want to keep him, was already 10pts off 4th when I joined. 

40 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The main thing pissing me off is everything is down to wing play. Attacking mids are pointless much smarter just to have a defensive mid and wingers than try to play through the middle.

The keepers have also got much worse since the new update.

I play with an AM C more often than not and it works great for me