The Big Relegation Thread

42 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I don't think whoever finishes 11th would lose a playoff tbh. Unless Ross County play Partick Thistle, maybe

The idea of a play-off gives me the absolute fear at the moment.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I don't think whoever finishes 11th would lose a playoff tbh. Unless Ross County play Partick Thistle, maybe

I'm not so sure historically it all favours the Premiership side with extra playoffs for the championship sides etc ( we have had it all before) fitness injuries etc plus the Prem side get the second leg at home so they know what is required at home. 

Still as mentioned an unlikely win on Tuesday for County and the frillys of several could start to become slightly soiled especially 4-6-0 and Monty. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I think we could get dragged into bother tbh. 

Do you think Monty has done a Butcher and said, "your all pish and won't be here next season but save us from the drop"? 

They certainly look like it at times, but to be fair County look like a side who ain't playing for Del Boy at times.

1 hour ago, superwell87 said:

The idea of a play-off gives me the absolute fear at the moment.

You played in the most wonderful playoff ever ,thank you    

4 minutes ago, dagane said:

You played in the most wonderful playoff ever ,thank you    

We did, and you're welcome.... but still. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit.

52 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I think we could get dragged into bother tbh. 

I reckon you guys will be fine. Can see it either us, County or St Johnstone finishing 11th.

1 minute ago, superwell87 said:

I reckon you guys will be fine. Can see it either us, County or St Johnstone finishing 11th.

I think Saints have enough about them now to drag themselves well safe. Hibs could well drop down there, though, things are very not good in Leith

Hibs play County twice in a 11 day period in March. Looking at Hibs matches before then, they will likely be 6-10 points clear. If County can come out of that with 4 or 6 points, Hibs are certainly in the playoff conversation going into the split. County aren't a million miles away from getting something going & if we can, it'll make what's looking like it's going to be a relatively predictable relegation fight, somewhat competitive

2 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Do you think Monty has done a Butcher and said, "your all pish and won't be here next season but save us from the drop"? 

They certainly look like it at times, but to be fair County look like a side who ain't playing for Del Boy at times.

It's certainly looking that way.  A group who can't play the way he want's to play (whatever the f**k that is though) so there will be indications loads will be moved on.

True about County, I still think the double header we have coming up after we go to Pitodrie and the pink shit tip can end up in disaster for us. 

2 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Bloody hope so mate.  I think St Johnstone will finish ahead of us though.  We are simply shite. 

1 hour ago, MarkPockets said:

Hibs play County twice in a 11 day period in March. Looking at Hibs matches before then, they will likely be 6-10 points clear. If County can come out of that with 4 or 6 points, Hibs are certainly in the playoff conversation going into the split. County aren't a million miles away from getting something going & if we can, it'll make what's looking like it's going to be a relatively predictable relegation fight, somewhat competitive

Mark I know county have a good record again Hibsbut have you seen our results since 5th Dec? Uncle Roy can't buy us a win. So if the boys play for Monty. No worries. 

2 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Mark I know county have a good record again Hibsbut have you seen our results since 5th Dec? Uncle Roy can't buy us a win. So if the boys play for Monty. No worries. 

Our results in the same period have been just as bad.  

9 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

I'm not so sure historically it all favours the Premiership side with extra playoffs for the championship sides etc ( we have had it all before) fitness injuries etc plus the Prem side get the second leg at home so they know what is required at home. 

There is a slight advantage for the Premiership side but I think it's overstated.

Teams in the Premiership play 38 games, the Championship it's 36. So, if the Championship side finished 3rd or 4th they'll have played 2 more games - if they finished 2nd it's the same amount of games.

I suppose the Premiership side will get more time off from when they finished their league campaign.

16 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

There is a slight advantage for the Premiership side but I think it's overstated.

Teams in the Premiership play 38 games, the Championship it's 36. So, if the Championship side finished 3rd or 4th they'll have played 2 more games - if they finished 2nd it's the same amount of games.

I always thought it was less the physical aspect than mental which took the biggest toll - you've possibly gone close to promotion, maybe were heavily expected to get it and you have four or six games in 2-3 weeks that could transform your club and, depending on your contract, give your own life and future prospects a huge boost. By the nature of your level getting through 4-6 games in general without one stinker is hard but you know one stinker in this spell and you're screwed.