The Big Relegation Thread

Screenshot_20240211_163208_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cbe3fa4514d352ea77867ada44ed82d5.jpg

Dundee 1 win away from being removed from this, but theyre 100% safe now IMO.

A lot hinges on Ross County now. They catch fire under Cowie then its St Johnstone in trouble.

Screenshot_20240211_164331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7f83e9e5a7e35f31054ebd640ef59d7.jpg

Next week of fixtures.

Likely St Johnstone pick up 0pts, so chance for those around/below to get some big results?

Aberdeen will see 2 home games as chance to push themselves safe.

County win on Saturday and its suddenly game on again for 11th.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240211_163208_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cbe3fa4514d352ea77867ada44ed82d5.jpg

Dundee 1 win away from being removed from this, but theyre 100% safe now IMO.

A lot hinges on Ross County now. They catch fire under Cowie then its St Johnstone in trouble.

Rangers then us for them- both away from home - we could do ourselves and the teams in 10-7 a huge favour.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240211_164331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7f83e9e5a7e35f31054ebd640ef59d7.jpg

Next week of fixtures.

Likely St Johnstone pick up 0pts, so chance for those around/below to get some big results?

Aberdeen will see 2 home games as chance to push themselves safe.

County win on Saturday and its suddenly game on again for 11th.

County could really turn the heat up as they have Livi at home on the 24th and ST J are away to the other Saints. 

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

County could really turn the heat up as they have Livi at home on the 24th and ST J are away to the other Saints. 

Next 5 fixtures...

Saints (24pts) - Rangers (H), St Mirren (A), Aberdeen (A), Livingston (H), Celtic (A)

County (19pts) - Rangers (A), Dundee (A), Livingston (H), St Mirren (H), Hibernian (A)

Not sure too much changes of the next 5? 

Worryingly hard to see where we get points, probably only Livingston at home and they seem to be improving while we're declining. A loss there feels like a watershed moment where people realise we're not safe.

County have a tough run too, but if they hit form they can possibly win both home games then might fancy it v Hibs.

Think itll still come down to what happens after the split now.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Next 5 fixtures...

Saints (24pts) - Rangers (H), St Mirren (A), Aberdeen (A), Livingston (H), Celtic (A)

County (19pts) - Rangers (A), Dundee (A), Livingston (H), St Mirren (H), Hibernian (A)

Not sure too much changes of the next 5? 

Worryingly hard to see where we get points, probably only Livingston at home and they seem to be improving while we're declining. A loss there feels like a watershed moment where people realise we're not safe.

County have a tough run too, but if they hit form they can possibly win both home games then might fancy it v Hibs.

Think itll still come down to what happens after the split now.

Aye, I understand that on paper fixtures will even out over the period but I was talking about how pressure can affect things i.e. let's assume you both lose the next 2 (reasonable assumption) then County win v Livvi and you lost to Dons thus putting more pressure on you and maybe giving them a wee bit of confidence for the following games - County have 2 games that are potential points to your 1. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye, I understand that on paper fixtures will even out over the period but I was talking about how pressure can affect things i.e. let's assume you both lose the next 2 (reasonable assumption) then County win v Livvi and you lost to Dons thus putting more pressure on you and maybe giving them a wee bit of confidence for the following games - County have 2 games that are potential points to your 1. 

Aye the narrative turns pretty quickly if we lose every game until Livingston, then lose that. Likely we'd he on a run of 1 win 14 at that point. Then we have Hibs, Dundee, and Kilmarnock before the split...

County win any game and look better under Cowie then it makes it even worse from a Saints perspective. 

I dont think you ever want to be the side going into the split with no confidence and on a big winless streak.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye the narrative turns pretty quickly if we lose every game until Livingston, then lose that. Likely we'd he on a run of 1 win 14 at that point. Then we have Hibs, Dundee, and Kilmarnock before the split...

County win any game and look better under Cowie then it makes it even worse from a Saints perspective. 

I dont think you ever want to be the side going into the split with no confidence and on a big winless streak.

To add some comfort, the 2 games in hand County have are carrying  a fair bit of weight closing that 5-point gap.  To date 5 points is 25%+ of County's points total.  

Assuming neither you nor they have a big turnaround in fortunes, I expect you'll be fine.  

43 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To add some comfort, the 2 games in hand County have are carrying  a fair bit of weight closing that 5-point gap.  To date 5 points is 25%+ of County's points total.  

Assuming neither you nor they have a big turnaround in fortunes, I expect you'll be fine.  

Yeah it all rests on how much they improve under Cowie now.

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

<Citation required>

Theyve changed shape and improved, itll be too much to save them IMO, but means they can harm others.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyve changed shape and improved, itll be too much to save them IMO, but means they can harm others.

Yeah, it'll take a minor miracle for Livingston not to go down but it's also unrealistic to think they'll lose every game between now and May. Not beating them at home, losing rather than drawing on the plastic etc has the potential to be massively costly where it's tight.

9 hours ago, hk blues said:

As far as I am aware the two games in hand are against Ranger and Hibs aren't they?

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

As far as I am aware the two games in hand are against Ranger and Hibs aren't they?

They must be in with a chance in that game, surely?

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah it all rests on how much they improve under Cowie now.

Changing shape doesn't really solve the fact that their strikers are incapable of scoring goals 

12 hours ago, Durnford said:

Yes.

That's why I mentioned elsewhere that those 2 games in hand are doing a fair bit of heavy lifting. 

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes.

That's why I mentioned elsewhere that those 2 games in hand are doing a fair bit of heavy lifting. 

Yes; is looking a bit of a life or death struggle between the bottom 3; Aberdeen are only one point away but with two games in hand, and none of the remaining games against the old firm, I think we can assume they're "comfortable".