The Big Relegation Thread

On 22/02/2024 at 21:54, VincentGuerin said:

Am I recalling this right in that County were top of the second division at the time and flying, and took the lead that night? I was there, but it's a long time ago.

To be fair, we shouldn't have bothered winning the shoot-out, as the performance we put in in the semi against St Johnstone at Easter Road is one of the worst I've ever seen. For a ground we have no bother winning at when we play its owners, we've had some shocking semi finals there.

Almost, Roy McBain scored in the 1st half, Derek Holmes equalised for Hearts with maybe 15-20 minutes left. But we were top of the Third Division that season, won it fairly handily. Pretty sure that game played a large part in County signing Holmes at the end of the season for what seems like silly money now, a Third Division club spending 50 grand?

Oddly my abiding memory of the day was being amazed at Hearts selling popcorn at the concessions rather than just the standard pies and Mars bar. Seemed so big league, I don't know why.

Well, that and the Black Isle supporters bus dropping 4 of us, 14 year olds, off at 2am in a layby outside Inverness to find our own way home.

7 hours ago, forkboy said:

Almost, Roy McBain scored in the 1st half, Derek Holmes equalised for Hearts with maybe 15-20 minutes left. But we were top of the Third Division that season, won it fairly handily. Pretty sure that game played a large part in County signing Holmes at the end of the season for what seems like silly money now, a Third Division club spending 50 grand?

Oddly my abiding memory of the day was being amazed at Hearts selling popcorn at the concessions rather than just the standard pies and Mars bar. Seemed so big league, I don't know why.

Well, that and the Black Isle supporters bus dropping 4 of us, 14 year olds, off at 2am in a layby outside Inverness to find our own way home.

Holmes wasn't awful, but I'm hard pressed to say what we paid we got value for. He was big and mostly shite.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Farewell Cinch Premiership, it was a good time.

You think?

Still realistic to me that you pick up 4 or more pts from your next 2 games, while we lose both.

Then its just a 4pt gap.

Head to head next weekend massive and youre playing better than us.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

Still realistic to me that you pick up 4 or more pts from your next 2 games, while we lose both.

Then its just a 4pt gap.

Head to head next weekend massive and youre playing better than us.

Every time a good looking set of fixtures comes around we absolutely shit the bed. 

Can't remember the last time we were good for a full 90 minutes.

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Farewell Cinch Premiership, it was a good time.

Livi will be missed should they go down, a team that would often take points off the old firm at home. For anyone who dislikes the old firm as much as I do, it will be a big loss to the league. County in comparison have never beaten Rangers. 

I still saw a lot of fight in their team today. 2nd half were all over County. County's goaly made a fair few saves. 

With Livi playing Motherwell & St. Johnstone next, I wouldn't be suprised if Livi win both games. Then a cup quarter-final against a poor Celtic team. Stranger things have happened. Followed by Hibs, again a winnable match. Play offs still possible. I'm not writing them off yet anyway.

12 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Every time a good looking set of fixtures comes around we absolutely shit the bed. 

Can't remember the last time we were good for a full 90 minutes.

Next week will tell us a lot about where everyones headed, i think.

I think itll be hard for other fans to understand how bad we were today and how much everyone seems to have chucked it.

Honestly, Massive result for County.👏.Livi have shot themselves in the foot so many times this season when being so on top for a favourable result.End off the day,hard luck stories count for hee haw.Good luck in the playoffs..

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Next week will tell us a lot about where everyones headed, i think.

I think itll be hard for other fans to understand how bad we were today and how much everyone seems to have chucked it.

Network Rail paid £2,000 for Michael Portillo to record messages at King's  Cross - Mirror Online

Just County, St. Johnstone and Aberdeen the fighting to avoid the play off place... If Motherwell win today. Kettlewell seems to have changed things around for 'Well.

Realistically it's probably going to be County in the play off position. What a laugh it would be if it's Aberdeen!

10 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Just County, St. Johnstone and Aberdeen the fighting to avoid the play off place... If Motherwell win today. Kettlewell seems to have changed things around for 'Well.

Realistically it's probably going to be County in the play off position. What a laugh it would be if it's Aberdeen!

Next week will be key to deciding whos in/out, i think.

Livingston v Motherwell and Aberdeen v St Johnstone during the week, then St Johnstone v Livingston on Saturday.

After that we'll know if Livingston are done or not, and whether Aberdeen/St Johnstone are more safe than doomed.

3 wins after the split not hard for a team in form.

Screenshot_20240225_142927_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e804845d6e11c5ac27916b4eb45796e4.jpg

Ross County win the one that matters, while Hibernian likely secure their safety.

Screenshot_20240225_142942_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d110e2ef11ae77675b3a5d567dd2deda.jpg

36pts my cut off, so Hibs highly unlikely to drop now.

All to play for amongst the rest, Livingston have a massive week ahead playing both Motherwell and St Johnstone. Surely puts them to bed if they fail to get 3+ points from that.

Screenshot_20240225_142959_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b1d990e59be6b864c8dd33f3f6a4237d.jpg

Aberdeen v St Johnstone and Livingston v Motherwell stand out, and if County win the night before then it could be chaos.

Is Ross County’s game in hand against Hibs? Motherwell with a good goal difference advantage over Saints & County. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Edited by derektaylor84

2 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

Is Ross County’s game in hand against Hibs? Motherwell with a good goal difference advantage over Saints & County. 

Yeah at home to Hibs. They have back to back games against each other coming up in March.

3 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

Well with scores as they are this could be interesting?

Well, Don's and St Johnstone all back within reach for County and Livi?

Not convinced County will be happy with St Johnstone leading.